• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I don't understand the anger in showing off achievements? The game is basically built around it! There are so many capes these days boasting of almost anything in RS these days.

It is an MMO! Competing and showing off your achievements is part of RuneScape's identity and always has been.

(and again, I agree it can be seen as a bit sad if people get achievements JUST for showing off without enjoying what they're doing or for any other purpose.)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I'm so excited, its not funny. I've been honestly retired from runescape for about two and a half years. And I started back in 2006. I can't say that the pre-GWD era was my favorite because I really did love playing versus bosses and with my clan with lootshare and all. The Grand Exchange made life so much easier even though it changed the community and the economy in many ways. But you know... I'll gladly pay for membership and play this server for as long as I can. I know the community was really strong back then, 200k people playing at any given moment.

As much as I have memories of completeing Dragon Slayer and leveling up my skills to 99 I know I'm going to get annoyed at some point down the road leveling up and doing all the quests all over again. But I guess that IS the fun of it.

I really hope that enough of the community votes so they do not charge $20 a month. I think that's a disgusting amount of money. I know I'll 100% pay the sum for a month or two but when my happiness reaches its realistic levels I'll be upset after I found out I just paid $80 to play 2007 runescape for the summer. Not to mention I don't have the same amount of time to invest in the game as I did back when I was 13/14. I'll be looking at 3-5 hours of playing a week. I'm really not sure if It'll be worth the money just so I can be happy going down memory lane.

I wonder how many of you guys are in the same boat as me. Back in august 2007 my account was probably somewhere in the level 70s, I was just beginning to learn everything. I honestly had my most fun playing in the following two years. But I'm grateful for the oppertunity none the less :)

I'm torn on voting for this now.

On one hand, I want to vote Yes! just to help the community hit the 250k cap and have players that genuinely want a 2007 server have access to it, because I'm not optimistic enough to think people, even those hardcore pro-nostalgia, will fork out $15/month to pay for that privelege.

On the other hand, I don't wanna enable those annoying [bleep] that, here and elsewhere, frequently and abrasively shouted at us in their great wisdom how the entire community wants the pre-EoC environment and that everything Jagex did after the removal of free trade in December '07 was a mistake, and those of us not in agreement simply weren't enlightened enough to see that.

What to do, what to do.

• Like 2

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

On one hand, I want to vote Yes! just to help the community hit the 250k cap and have players that genuinely want a 2007 server have access to it, because I'm not optimistic enough to think people, even those hardcore pro-nostalgia, will fork out $15/month to pay for that privelege.

On the other hand, I don't wanna enable those annoying [bleep] that, here and elsewhere, frequently and abrasively shouted at us in their great wisdom how the entire community wants the pre-EoC environment and that everything Jagex did after the removal of free trade in December '07 was a mistake, and those of us not in agreement simply weren't enlightened enough to see that.

What to do, what to do.

Be the better person and vote yes.

Simply because you can help make people happy. Thats the way I see it.

What to do, what to do.

It would make me happy if he didn't. OMG THE CYCLIC NATURE OF THE ARGUMENT. AD INFINITUM UP IN THIS

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

What to do, what to do.

It would make me happy if he didn't. OMG THE CYCLIC NATURE OF THE ARGUMENT. AD INFINITUM UP IN THIS

If you want to be that kind of person.

I value the truth. Inflating numbers for the "feelings" of others distorts the truth of the matter (re: active interest in the project). So yes, I am that kind of person.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I value the truth. Inflating numbers for the "feelings" of others distorts the truth of the matter (re: active interest in the project). So yes, I am that kind of person.

Being an ass about things is not the way though. If you dont like the idea fair enough. Just dont attack those who do and get on with it. You only make your self look bad

id feel better if there was a counter vote. if you could vote no it would seem way more legitimate. at this point you are only giving voice to a vocal minority i would expect.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

It's anyone's own personal choice to vote or not. I, personally, voted yesterday, but I won't encourage anyone who aren't going to play to vote. Why? Because that would, as stated above (edit: on the previous page), inflate the numbers.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

id feel better if there was a counter vote. if you could vote no it would seem way more legitimate. at this point you are only giving voice to a vocal minority i would expect.

~~~legoman187~~~

To be quite honest. It seems pretty even if it got to 250k. Where most memebers are bots and trial accounts. Theres also a good amount that dont understand whats going on. When I was a member for a while I didnt even read the news posts. So strictly speaking its pretty even (assuming it get 250k+) because a countervote will probably produce simular results. Not many make an effort. Its just the vocal people who give that illusion.

Being an ass about things is not the way though. If you dont like the idea fair enough. Just dont attack those who do and get on with it. You only make your self look bad

THAT was what you consider being an ass? Sir, you really need to visit more often.

• Like 1

THAT was what you consider being an ass? Sir, you really need to visit more often.

Theres alot more to being an ass. But just because its minor doesn't mean you're not an ass about things. Theres much more to life than spite. If people dont want to vote thats fine. But if they are not voting to get one up on people. Thats just being low as a human.

If you had actually read what I said, you'd know it wasn't about 'spiting' people (I know, I know, everyone who doesn't vote for it, is being selfish and ignoring the desires of the 07 fanboys yada yada yada), it was about the value of REALITY being more than the value of an insignificant gesture that in the grand scheme of things, no-one is going to give two shits about. I don't know how to say it more plainly. I'M NOT DOING IT TO UPSET YOU. I'M SORRY THAT YOU, AND ANY OTHER FANBOYS, ARE OFFENDED BY MY ABSTENTION FROM THIS REFERENDUM. IT IS MY HOPE THAT YOU WILL ONE DAY FORGIVE ME FOR NOT WANTING A PART OF THIS NOSTALGIC CIRCLE JERK.

• Like 5

If you had actually read what I said, you'd know it wasn't about 'spiting' people (I know, I know, everyone who doesn't vote for it, is being selfish and ignoring the desires of the 07 fanboys yada yada yada), it was about the value of REALITY being more than the value of an insignificant gesture that in the grand scheme of things, no-one is going to give two shits about. I don't know how to say it more plainly. I'M NOT DOING IT TO UPSET YOU. I'M SORRY THAT YOU, AND ANY OTHER FANBOYS, ARE OFFENDED BY MY ABSTENTION FROM THIS REFERENDUM. IT IS MY HOPE THAT YOU WILL ONE DAY FORGIVE ME FOR NOT WANTING A PART OF THIS NOSTALGIC CIRCLE JERK.

Have a [bleep], may calm you down.

Edited by El Pistolero
Don't censor evade.

I like 2007 runescape but the reason why I just bought membership on two accounts to vote for this is because I think it would be awesome to see the game, economy, high scores, etc. evolve from scratch with everyone starting fresh. Clans vying for dominance, races for 99s, I think all of that stuff will be very interesting to see.

My thoughts exactly. I haven't decided what skill I want to compete in yet though.

• Like 1

Have a [wow your censor evasion leaked into my post], may calm you down.

He is too angry to clam

He is correct that this poll should maintain some level of integrity. Voting just to be nice doesn't reflect how many people will actually play rs07.

He is too angry to clam

He is correct that this poll should maintain some level of integrity. Voting just to be nice doesn't reflect how many people will actually play rs07.

Whilst true. Its not all about making a statement or point. Jagex already makes alot of money. Not only that at 5$ extra a month they'll bring in 100k+ (british pounds) a month. What they are asking for is rediculous.

He is too angry to clam

Whilst true. Its not all about making a statement or point. Jagex already makes alot of money. Not only that at 5$ extra a month they'll bring in 100k+ (british pounds) a month. What they are asking for is rediculous.

Every cent is valuable to a corporation.

• Like 2

He is too angry to clam

Every cent is valuable to a corporation.

But at a price of 15$ they'll loose out more.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/emphasis

http://www.thefreedi...ry.com/emphasis

Doesn't excuse being cranky.

What to do, what to do.

Be the better person, and vote for what you think is right. Don't let anyone else pressure you, feed you any other information, or persuade you. Listen to yourself and trust your own vote.

• Like 1

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I just wish people could see 07scape as its own game! (because it is).

Did Jagex make a big poll asking current RS members if they wanted that transformers MMO?

Will Jagex require those who want to play the transformers MMO to become an RS member to be able to pay for it?

That sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Yet they're doing it for 07scape.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010