• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Im curious, will the accounts be separated skill-wise, like RSC is currently set. (Prob' most likely.)

Can I still play on the “main” game with my account?

Yes, you’d have a unique ‘save game’ on each version of the game, but access with the same account credentials, so you only need to remember one username and password.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I'll be OK paying $15 (£10 ish?) a month for it. But I think a lot of people won't want to pay that much. Hopefully means there's a lower demand for gold and the goldfarming bots will stick to the main servers.

Asmodean <3

Thanks for Slayer13 for well thought out post. That being said, just hope we get past that 250k. Otherwise the whole project will be in vain. Not sure if getting over 500k would be for better or worse than 250k, but as it is it seems rather far fetched to even think about breaking 500k.

u5zhkTY.gif

To everyone who is so against the idea because they are worried Jagex are wasting their resources is just silly really. This is basically a new game, but, they don't have to spend time developing it! (minus the 1-2 months to set it up). There is no way Jagex would even consider this is there was a reasonable chance that they would lose money.

I can't see myself ever buying membership for the main game again, but I will definitely pay to try out 07scape. The idea of a fresh start, fresh economy... it's sounding so exciting! I never thought I'd be excited to play runescape again! It's not just the nostalgia, the fresh start concept is pretty cool for many reasons.

And I don't think some of you understand how cheap this will be to set up! Worst case scenario: People realise it was just nostagia and they all leave, Jagex will shrug and go oh well. You won't notice a thing. How many years did Jagex waste on other projects? Well this project is already developed! I also don't think people realise how many runescape related projects would ulitmately get cancelled, it happens all the time in software development.

They have basically guaranteed at least a month of members subscription from thousands of people!

If you really think that if this fails you'll miss out on main runescape development, then you should count it a blessing. It might just delay the next micro-transaction update by a month! Unless of course you enjoy pay-to-win BS.

So if you really don't like the idea because you don't actually want to play it, then alright, don't vote. But to all the people who are saying stuff like: "I'll vote if it gets over a certain amount of votes" or "I'm only not voting because it's a waste of Jagex's precious money", then I really think you should reconsider.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

To everyone who is so against the idea because they are worried Jagex are wasting their resources is just silly really. This is basically a new game, but, they don't have to spend time developing it! (minus the 1-2 months to set it up). There is no way Jagex would even consider this is there was a reasonable chance that they would lose money.

I can't see myself ever buying membership for the main game again, but I will definitely pay to try out 07scape. The idea of a fresh start, fresh economy... it's sounding so exciting! I never thought I'd be excited to play runescape again! It's not just the nostalgia, the fresh start concept is pretty cool for many reasons.

And I don't think some of you understand how cheap this will be to set up! Worst case scenario: People realise it was just nostagia and they all leave, Jagex will shrug and go oh well. You won't notice a thing. How many years did Jagex waste on other projects? Well this project is already developed! I also don't think people realise how many runescape related projects would ulitmately get cancelled, it happens all the time in software development.

They have basically guaranteed at least a month of members subscription from thousands of people!

If you really think that if this fails you'll miss out on main runescape development, then you should count it a blessing. It might just delay the next micro-transaction update by a month! Unless of course you enjoy pay-to-win BS.

So if you really don't like the idea because you don't actually want to play it, then alright, don't vote. But to all the people who are saying stuff like: "I'll vote if it gets over a certain amount of votes" or "I'm only not voting because it's a waste of Jagex's precious money", then I really think you should reconsider.

I'not voting because I'm not going to play it... Although my interest is there, if I do not play it, why then vote? This vote is to gauge true interest for people that want to play it!

Although I'm not against voting, I would vote if it gets close to a certain point (eq 250k/500k/750k) and it could push them over that mark. I do believe 1 vote can make a difference! But if at for example the day of the end of this poll, is still like at 200k votes, then I refrain from voting because it wont get close...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'not voting because I'm not going to play it... Although my interest is there, if I do not play it, why then vote? This vote is to gauge true interest for people that want to play it!

Although I'm not against voting, I would vote if it gets close to a certain point (eq 250k/500k/750k) and it could push them over that mark. I do believe 1 vote can make a difference! But if at for example the day of the end of this poll, is still like at 200k votes, then I refrain from voting because it wont get close...

But it's that very thinking that will prevent it from getting past those milestones. If all the people who said they would only vote if it got past x votes actually voted, then it would probably reach the milestones easily.

And the fact is it is coming back now (well Jagex already decided that well before the vote), the more people who vote now, the better it is for everyone including Jagex and their money.

And as people have said, the whole voting thing is pretty stupid and obviously a quick cash grab by Jagex hoping to cash in on returning players. They already decided they were going to make 07scape, but the sad thing is if they follow through with this stupid milestone shit. The best case for everyone is the option at 750k votes including Jagex, that would bring in the most money for them, unfortunately It doesn't look like it will be getting to 750k votes, so we're going to end up with a much smaller potential playerbase. (I'd be willing to bet they bring in the 750k option after a few months regardless of how many votes they get, it wouldn't make sense not to, especially since Jagex is all about the $$$ these days).

nabsigmar2011.png

We already had this point oh so many times, but let me reiterate this.

This is NOT a poll to vote for the implementation for 07 servers. Having a 50k for the exhistence of these very servers was a very obvious way to ay it was gona happen regardless. This is a poll to gauge interest on how many people will play on the servers, if people who will NOT play vote yes, it would mislead jagex into adopting a program that was not appropriate to the number of people that would ultimately play it.

So no, if people are not gona play tey should not vote, since this isn't a exhiste or not exhist situation, but more of a plan of action.

• Like 1

This is NOT a poll to vote for the implementation for 07 servers. Having a 50k for the exhistence of these very servers was a very obvious way to ay it was gona happen regardless. This is a poll to gauge interest on how many people will play on the servers, if people who will NOT play vote yes, it would mislead jagex into adopting a program that was not appropriate to the number of people that would ultimately play it.

So no, if people are not gona play tey should not vote, since this is a exhiste or not exhist situation, but more of a plan of action.

This!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

So no, if people are not gona play tey should not vote, since this is a exhiste or not exhist situation, but more of a plan of action.

Yeah, give the vote to people who are still actively playing the main runescape game (people who are most likely happy with the state of the current game and who wouldn't want to play 07scape), not the people who have left and would be interested in returning to 07scape (ie. Me). Like I said, treat this as a new game.

Take this imaginative hypothetical: Jagex makes a poll asking only current RuneScape members (ie. People who like RuneScape) if they would like to play a new game developed by them about Horse Riding! There's probably a market out there where this Horse Riding game appeals to, but instead of asking Horse Riding Game lovers around the world if they want the game, they'll only ask RuneScape members (with only a minority who would be interested in Horse Riding Games). Oh, by the way, those who like Horse Riding games can vote too! Just buy RuneScape membership! A game you're not interested in! Perfectly Logical!

For me to vote, I'd have to pay for a month of membership. But wait! I wouldn't want to mislead Jagex into thinking I'm going to play the main runescape game!

Jagex are fully aware of what they are getting themselves into, and they have worked out that it will work in their favour (more money). There are SO many potential players that won't vote because they aren't members. The 750k Option, would bring in so many people to just try the game, and from this they would get more members (hey... kinda like their original business plan that made them successful in the first place! Interesting).

And also like I said, I don't have a problem with people who genuinely aren't interested in 07scape to not vote. I made that perfectly clear! Have a re-read of my posts :)

• Like 3

nabsigmar2011.png

Yeah, give the vote to people who are still actively playing the main runescape game (people who are most likely happy with the state of the current game and who wouldn't want to play 07scape), not the people who have left and would be interested in returning to 07scape (ie. Me). Like I said, treat this as a new game.

Take this imaginative hypothetical: Jagex makes a poll asking only current RuneScape members (ie. People who like RuneScape) if they would like to play a new game developed by them about Horse Riding! There's probably a market out there where this Horse Riding game appeals to, but instead of asking Horse Riding Game lovers around the world if they want the game, they'll only ask RuneScape members (with only a minority who would be interested in Horse Riding Games). Oh, by the way, those who like Horse Riding games can vote too! Just buy RuneScape membership! A game you're not interested in! Perfectly Logical!

For me to vote, I'd have to pay for a month of membership. But wait! I wouldn't want to mislead Jagex into thinking I'm going to play the main runescape game!

Jagex are fully aware of what they are getting themselves into, and they have worked out that it will work in their favour (more money). There are SO many potential players that won't vote because they aren't members. The 750k Option, would bring in so many people to just try the game, and from this they would get more members (hey... kinda like their original business plan that made them successful in the first place! Interesting).

And also like I said, I don't have a problem with people who genuinely aren't interested in 07scape to not vote. I made that perfectly clear! Have a re-read of my posts :)

The argument everyone keep on bringing up, the members only vote, is actually explained quite easily into a short sentence: To not rig the votes. If the Vote was F2P, people would just spam new accounts to vote, and even if you put an account age restriction, it would still cause a massive influence from secondary accounts, bots and people who actually don't have any interest and vote anyways, like I've seen many people on Reddit talk about. Not only that, but being a member also shows commitment, where F2P players are very finnicky, since they could very well leave the game without having account remorse for the money they wasted here.

Is it the perfect solution? Of course not, but i can see why they did it.

And also, if you are, indeed, intereted in playing 07 scape, subscribe for the vote, you'll get the first month of 07 membership free.

And besides, it's only 2 bucks to get members on a new made account! If you then use that account to play 07Scape then it doesn't matter because everyone starts fresh!

Account Help

It seems to be impossible to reach the 750k mark, when we look at the amount of members and we take away the new account with 2 weeks free membership (they can't vote), we are with about 800-900k members. This implies that almost every member should vote to get the 750k votes, which is insane.

And besides, it's only 2 bucks to get members on a new made account! If you then use that account to play 07Scape then it doesn't matter because everyone starts fresh!

It's also probably more useful to make a new account to be able to play both games at once(which, i'm guessing, you otherwise wouldn't).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I wonder if it will be possible to choose to play '07 scape w/o Main game and vice versa... I think it should be possible for the latter. Be able to choose to solely pay for main game w/o access to 07scape.

Account Help

The argument everyone keep on bringing up, the members only vote, is actually explained quite easily into a short sentence: To not rig the votes. If the Vote was F2P, people would just spam new accounts to vote, and even if you put an account age restriction, it would still cause a massive influence from secondary accounts, bots and people who actually don't have any interest and vote anyways, like I've seen many people on Reddit talk about. Not only that, but being a member also shows commitment, where F2P players are very finnicky, since they could very well leave the game without having account remorse for the money they wasted here.

Is it the perfect solution? Of course not, but i can see why they did it.

No, it's members only so they can make some quick money from people resubscribing, even though the reasons they mentioned are reasonable.

1. They could have made the vote only apply to accounts created before this announcement. (and I suppose to new members, since that was the whole point of the vote).
  2. They could have given the vote to anyone who has previously been a member. (I've paid $100s in runescape membership over the years, but obviously that means nothing to them, they won't even keep a few bytes of text displaying my many years of progress and loyalty in the hiscores).
  3. OR THEY COULD HAVE NOT HAD A VOTE AND JUST BROUGHT IT BACK.

I just thought of 3 reasonable alternatives in about 10 seconds. I guess that's asking too much from a company that make millions.

And also, if you are, indeed, intereted in playing 07 scape, subscribe for the vote, you'll get the first month of 07 membership free.

Hmm interesting, why was this not mentioned in the main post? I guess I will be voting.

nabsigmar2011.png

I wonder if it will be possible to choose to play '07 scape w/o Main game and vice versa... I think it should be possible for the latter. Be able to choose to solely pay for main game w/o access to 07scape.

Simple. Just don't log into it. That doesn't really serve any purpose.

nabsigmar2011.png

Simple. Just don't log into it. That doesn't really serve any purpose.

I think Lioness was rather getting at would you be able to pay for just 07; and I have to say from the initial news post it sounds unlikely.

The membership fees mentioned are talked of as 'additional fees' this kind of implies 07scape will be an add-on to normal membership. Eg (for the $15 tier we are currently in) You would have to pay $15 for 07scape BUT this option would only be open to rs members meaning you'd have to of paid the $5 anyway for a total of $20 to play 07scape.

The way it was worded it appears to be:

Tier 1 - $5 Rs membs + $15 07scape fee to play 07scape

Tier 2 - $5 rs membs + $5 07scape fee to play

Tier 3 - $5 rs membs to play

Tier 4 - $5 rs membs to access members content on 07scape, but f2p world exists same as main rs.

So the way the vote is going atm it seems $20 - $10 total cost per month if you wanna play 07scape, regardless of your interest in main rs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Lioness was rather getting at would you be able to pay for just 07; and I have to say from the initial news post it sounds unlikely.

Oh okay, fair enough, I take back what I said. It would be good to be able to keep is separate, because I don't want to pay for runescape members just to be able to pay for 07.

But yeah looks like it will be that way. (At least at first)

nabsigmar2011.png

It would be a little more expensive due to the fact that normal member isn't exactly $5 is it? Unless you still have the low low price from a few years ago.

True but round figures are nice and everyone knows what you mean when you call it $5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It would be a little more expensive due to the fact that normal member isn't exactly $5 is it? Unless you still have the low low price from a few years ago.

True but round figures are nice and everyone knows what you mean when you call it $5

Too be honest what I'd rather see is another legacy bump. Freeze everyone where they are add ~2-3$ for every new person there on out. Instead of addition costs specifically for 07 scape.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Agreed Sy_Accursed.

Dunno what hour we're in at but we're a little bit over 118k votes.

One thing I've been thinking of, what if the poll gets around 249k votes. Do you think jagex would bump it to 250k and have the $5 cost or let it stay at $15 as if it never reached 250k?

Too be honest what I'd rather see is another legacy bump. Freeze everyone where they are add ~2-3$ for every new person there on out. Instead of addition costs specifically for 07 scape.

God no.

Why should new players have to pay extra to fund 07scape for nostalgic old skoolers?

It's perfectly correct model to have people pay the extra if they wanna play 07scape, admittedly it would perhaps work better if it was separate opposed to an add-on; but definitely not outright charging all people extra to fund it.

Also 118k comment it would be hour 3 day 2 so hour 27 overall.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's perfectly correct model to have people pay the extra if they wanna play 07scape, admittedly it would perhaps work better if it was separate opposed to an add-on; but definitely not outright charging all people extra to fund it.

It's also a very good outlet for all of their membership promotions. Even if it ends up being $15 extra, I doubt many people will have to pay that much because of how much Jagex loves to discount the price every couple of months. They could hand out rares that way - buy the one year package, Diango starts stocking party hats.

According to the rumour mill (though I've seen no solid proof) Jmods have got graphs and stuff of rares and from this have calculated numbers of each rare to be put int 07scape by old school random drop events like pumpkins, crackers, disks of returning, half wines etc.

It's either that or they have graphs of how many are in live game and just told players the numbers and rumour mill has changed it slightly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg