• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

If you deluded 2007-scapers were truly a majority, you would not have to resort to the desperate tactics you have been employing (on day 1 no less!). Mass spamming, harassment, half-baked statistics and begging people who have no interest in 2007 to vote yes anyways? Seems like desperate measures to me. Not something that a self-assured majority would do.

People keep mentioning that they don't want this to be successful, fearing that it may take away from development time for the current RS.

... Why?

Why would the wants of those who prefer EoC be more important than the wants of those who prefer the 2007 version of the game?

Because we're a majority, and they're not. Furthermore, the whole thing is just ill-conceived. It will not last, namely because most of the people here are in Disney-land where they've convinced themselves that if only we could have 2007 back, it'd just be so wonderful, that community and all that. But it won't. It's delusional thinking. When they're faced with how 2007 actually was, most of them will abandon it. Also, this project undermines all the progress that RS had made over the past 6 years.

LOL!!! You EoC nut huggers are a majority? We're almost at 100k and were still in the 12th hour. 12 more hours @ at least 3k votes will get us to 136k in one day. By Monday we should be closing in on 250k and within 2 weeks we should have at least 500k.

Once we do get to 500k votes that's 75% of the current subscribers. 75% is greater than 25% right?

That's it, I'm broken, I cannot possibly believe that there is someone in this world this stupid, this ignorant to actually believe what this poster is claiming here. I think I am done here folks, see you in a few days after i wash the dumb out of my head.

• Like 2

People keep mentioning that they don't want this to be successful, fearing that it may take away from development time for the current RS.

... Why?

Why would the wants of those who prefer EoC be more important than the wants of those who prefer the 2007 version of the game?

Because we're a majority, and they're not. Furthermore, the whole thing is just ill-conceived. It will not last, namely because most of the people here are in Disney-land where they've convinced themselves that if only we could have 2007 back, it'd just be so wonderful, that community and all that. But it won't. It's delusional thinking. When they're faced with how 2007 actually was, most of them will abandon it. Also, this project undermines all the progress that RS had made over the past 6 years.

LOL!!! You EoC nut huggers are a majority? We're almost at 100k and were still in the 12th hour. 12 more hours @ at least 3k votes will get us to 136k in one day. By Monday we should be closing in on 250k and within 2 weeks we should have at least 500k.

Once we do get to 500k votes that's 75% of the current subscribers. 75% is greater than 25% right?

That's it, I'm broken, I cannot possibly believe that there is someone in this world this stupid, this ignorant to actually believe what this poster is claiming here. I think I am done here folks, see you in a few days after i wash the dumb out of my head.

Remember, these are the people in charge of building the new community on the 2007 servers. Makes me sick thinking about it, that no one who supports the 2007 has posted a convincing reason why this will not affect the rest of the game or the company (quoting Jagex is really not convincing evidence anymore, with the constant contradictions).

... Why?

Remember, these are the people in charge of building the new community on the 2007 servers. Makes me sick thinking about it, that no one who supports the 2007 has posted a convincing reason why this will not affect the rest of the game or the company (quoting Jagex is really not convincing evidence anymore, with the constant contradictions).

Why are you worried about 2007scape? You won't be playing it?

Noctturne.png

If teknofield represents the player base that will be moving to these new servers I will go and vote right now to make it happen. Hell, I'll personally pack their bags.

And some people say the community wasn't better before. I remember a time when TIFers were nice.

These forums certainly have changed. Wanna know why? Ever since Jagex certified them as a Platinum fansite they HAD to go a long with Jagex's agenda (EoC, bad updates, etc etc).

The majority of tif has always been pro jagex...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

A reminder to everyone that insults, explicit or implied, are not allowed, especially during arguments about controversial subjects where tempers are prone to flaring. Likewise, discussion of and admitting to the use of private servers is not allowed. While the administration recognizes how such discussion is relevant, it's not working out. Admidding to using a private server is as against the rules as ever.

The petty insults need to stop. Arguments such as "the community would be better off without x" or implying a user is trying to win the douche bag grand prize, and fanboy arguments are included.

Again, we recognize that this is an issue which is going to bring a lot of strong emotions to the table, and we will make efforts to be reasonable people in this regard. However things are starting to get out of hand, and it would be great if people could take a few deep breaths, maybe go watch an episode of your favorite TV show (a comedy would be fantastic), and just chill out and come back to the table with a clear head before more warnings and bans need to be issued.

• Like 2

http://www.wolframal...,e^(7109/1909))

current trend line and estimate (140,133 votes) R-value of 0.945.

obviously the graph should be asymptotic rather then crossing the axis and it doesn't account for changes due to human behavior (weekend, etc) but seeing as how we haven't seen any significant changes due to time zones etc. yet shouldn't be to big of a deal and I didn't really feel like messing with it.

edit: fixed because I don't remember what timezone I live in....

• Like 4

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

http://www.wolframal...,e^(7109/1909))

current trend line and estimate (158,169 votes) R-value of 0.945.

obviously the graph should be asymptotic rather then crossing the axis and it doesn't account for changes due to human behavior (weekend, it's not 5 on the west coast yet) but seeing as how we haven't seen any significant changes due to time zones etc. yet shouldn't be to big of a deal and I didn't really feel like messing with it.

It's almost 6 on the west coast (assuming you mean US).

There is no "Us vs. Them". There is a WE. And as it looks now, WE will, for the first time, have a choice whether to play the same way we usually do, or play the way we used to. Neither choice is wrong. Neither opinion is wrong.

What I DO find amusing though, is how all of a sudden people care how Jagex spends its money and uses its employees.

nautica.png

nautica.png

I just don't understand why we should completely ignore the minority just because they're the minority.

Because if the minority got their way, we would still be playing like we were in 2003. You look forward to future possibilities, not the past at an era that looks good when things get tough. We have been doing this for years now, and for years people cried for old Runescape back, be it RSC or 2004 or 2006 or whatever.

Fun fact: The city of Volgograd, Russia, was voted to be renamed back to its former name: Stalingrad. Stalin, a man who killed more people than even Hitler over the course of decades. To compromise, it is now called Stalingrad for a few days every year. What do you think fueled people to vote for remembrance of an era that was far worse than today? Nostalgia. And how many of those people who petitioned were not even alive during that time?

Funny thing is, i'll bet even if runescape were reverted back to 03 the majority of tiffers would just play the new(old) game anyways, with a few quits here and there.

They'll be back, they always come back....

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Hour 1 - 14k

Hour 2 - 27k (+13k -1k)

Hour 3 - 36k (+9k -4k)

Hour 4 - 44k (+8k -1k)

Hour 5 - 52k (+8k =)

Hour 6 - 59.4k (+7.4k -0.6k)

Hour 7 - 66.2k (+6.8k - 0.6k)

Hour 8 - 73k (+6.8k =)

Hour 9 - 79.5k (+6.5k -0.3k)

Hour 10 - 85.2k (+5.7k -0.8k)

Hour 11 - 90.3k (+5.1k -0.6k)

Hour 12 - 94.3k (+4k -1.1k)

Hour 13 - 97.2k (+2.9k -1.1k)

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Funny thing is, i'll bet even if runescape were reverted back to 03 the majority of tiffers would just play the new(old) game anyways, with a few quits here and there.

Do you mean the new old game or the new old game?

What I DO find amusing though, is how all of a sudden people care how Jagex spends its money and uses its employees.

People have been discussing this matter since they mentioned mechscape years ago. It also comes up with every holiday event when people complain that the developer's time is spent on something only in the game for 2 weeks.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm saying if the main gaine reverted back to 03, tiffers would still play and get over it. There is no black and white, both worlds will have advantages and disadvantages, seen and unseen.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I'm saying if the main gaine reverted back to 03, tiffers would still play and get over it. There is no black and white, both worlds will have advantages and disadvantages, seen and unseen.

I don't know where you get that idea from. No way I would play a game that has gameplay somewhere between Superman 64 and watching paint dry...

ozXHe7P.png

Jagex gave them the chance to show their support for an update they want, something I was sure would not happen. Far from ignoring them, they are giving this minority the recognition it has fought months for.

Yes, I know. I know that Jagex have showed some kind of support for them.

But what I was wondering was why some people would not want everyone to be treated equally.

It is indeed safe to assume that not all those who voted will actually be playing it (That would just be delusional.)

But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Willing to believe that at least a decent amount will actually be playing it and supplying Jagex with a decent income monthly.

And if it doesn't work out in the end, then Jagex could decide to remove the servers (kinda unlikely IMO, considering they did spend some time setting this all up) and get all the new staff to start working on the current (EoC game), as suggested by Polarbearblue, or theiy could raise the fees to 'match' the actual size of the player base (That is, raising it so that it would still provide an income.)

(These are the two options I could think of at the moment, but if anyone has other ideas, I wouldn't hate to read them.)

Where's that MJ popcorn Gif when you need it?

I posted it a few pages back :P

Edited by Randox
Removed quotes and replies in line with in-thread warning
  • Like 1

I don't know where you get that idea from. No way I would play a game that has gameplay somewhere between Superman 64 and watching paint dry...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

<video>

I understand your statement was more rhetorical than it was literal. However, 2003scape is honestly horrible gameplay. Rogue, despite being made something like 20 years prior, has so much more depth than that.

ozXHe7P.png

Jagex gave them the chance to show their support for an update they want, something I was sure would not happen. Far from ignoring them, they are giving this minority the recognition it has fought months for.

Yes, I know. I know that Jagex have showed some kind of support for them.

But what I was wondering was why some people would not want everyone to be treated equally.

They don't want a relatively large amount of effort to be put towards a relatively small population. If Jagex had an infinite budget then I'm sure nobody would be against this, but they don't, so players merely have to look to rsc servers and see it dead to make up their mind that legacy servers don't work for Runescape. Until someone can show me actual data (not made up numbers that 2006scape had signed up) I will not vote yes. It has nothing to do with equality, I just want Jagex to make money and so make the game I play better.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Is there any legitimate reason to not vote for this? It seems like there's no downside.

Only vote if you're going to want to play it, because otherwise, Jagex may end up allocating too much of their resources into it for no legitimate reason.

• Like 1