Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

They mentioned there was some HTML5 related bug in Firefox, and until that was fixed, they'd only use Chrome for HTML5 content.

Do you know the Bugzilla id of the bug?

I thought Firefox was blocked because Google paid Jagex.

After working on DGSweeper Online with HTML5, FireFox and Safari are both retarded.

09144a99bb.png

Jagex split RuneScape Classic into its own game and stopped updating it after RS2 was released. I wonder if the same will happen to RS2 once RS3 is out?

I think what they'll do is have a dedicated RS2 (07 team) even though the voting didn't reach what it meant, I also think it will stay permanently free to current members, however, new members would have to pay an additional price.

I also see basically there been RS3, renamed to "RuneScape" such as RS2 was, thus, RS2.5 (which imo is the current RS2 with EoC) completely forgotten and not used. However, given that imo RS3 is basically RS2.75 (confusing I know) I think what we'll see (if I'm completely honest) the best form of RuneScape Jagex has ever produced.

The only thing about EoC I don't like, is the fact that it's similar to Classic, you get Xp per Kill, not per Hit/Damage, I think this needs to be changed due to the fact that it's super fast xp for low levels (and medium imo) to kill lower monsters rather than high ones.

Better then high levels killing lower monsters and getting huge xp rates. (eg. bandits)

Good to see you back, hope to see you in action ; )

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Except it doesn't

http://www.misplaced.../2007online.php

Online user data scrapes for both games clearly shows they have been running around 50:50 (with 07 mostly slightly behind) until the past day or so where 07scape has gone much lower.

So how about you face real numerical facts rather than making up BS 'fact' claims.

Uh that counts the FTP players as well for EOC scape where as OSR are all paid members.

I just did a quick count of the FTP players currently online as well and here's my break down:

Average PTP OSR members: 50000

Average FTP EOC members based on my count: 17500

Average PTP EOC members: 47000

So you have 47k "members" on EOCscape right? Well don't forget that number is severly inflated due to free trial accounts which are made up of spam bots and botters.

I would put that number @ 35k-40k and I believe I'm being generous. So in reality you have maybe 40k true members playing EOC scape and around 50k true members playing OSR (as of right now).

So? An online player is an online player.

Plus as time goes by the point just becomes more apparent as even with a dent being made recently in main game bots in some areas and bots emerging more in 07scape the gap between the two is growing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There is 1 oversight, at the moment there are more Botters in 07scape then in EoC.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Also I'd point out - No such thing as trial accounts now so your rounding figures are rubbish.

Plus like I said before why does it matter? An online player is an online player. Main game has more players therefore is more popular, simple as; if 07scape was more popular it'd have more players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Plus as time goes by the point just becomes more apparent as even with a dent being made recently in main game bots in some areas and bots emerging more in 07scape the gap between the two is growing.

No its not. How are bots considered an online player if the player is not playing because an automated robot is doing his tasks? How does a robot count as a real player?

No its not. How are bots considered an online player if the player is not playing because an automated robot is doing his tasks? How does a robot count as a real player?

The issue here is we cannot accurately say who is and is not a bot.

Plus, as previously mentioned bots in main game have DROPPED recently whilst bots in 07scape have INCREASED - therefore if you do want to exclude bots in rough rounding it'd push 07scape further away from main game.

Plus I'd argue even bots show popularity to an extent:

If the game is popular then lazy folks will bot to be 'good' at it or buy produce from bots. Their existence marks an inherent popularity necessary for people to bother coding and using them.

But this is getting wildly off-topic. This is not a debate of whose game is better, this is a thread to discuss RS3.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also I'd point out - No such thing as trial accounts now so your rounding figures are rubbish.

Plus like I said before why does it matter? An online player is an online player. Main game has more players therefore is more popular, simple as; if 07scape was more popular it'd have more players.

So with your logic, if 100k bots are on OSR then it's MUCH more popular than EOC scape that has 40k REAL members?

Plus, as previously mentioned bots in main game have DROPPED recently whilst bots in 07scape have INCREASED - therefore if you do want to exclude bots in rough rounding it'd push 07scape further away from main game.

Can you prove to me that bots have dropped on EOC scape? I won't argue that bots on 07scape have increased as it IS evident.

If the game is popular then lazy folks will bot to be 'good' at it or buy produce from bots. Their existence marks an inherent popularity necessary for people to bother coding and using them.

But this is getting wildly off-topic. This is not a debate of whose game is better, this is a thread to discuss RS3.

My point is: The online players count is really skewed for EOC. And let's just say we are in a perfect world and there are not bots. It still doesn't erase the fact that the player count for EOCscape will ALWAYS be greater due to the fact that they include FTP players. As of right now, members to members, OSR has more players.

Back on topic. I think it's pretty pre-mature to get into RS3 since a lot of people are still hooked on RS2... I think the difference between RSC and RS2 were overwhelming and that caused people to move on. I don't consider the updates we will see in RS3 that major. You could easily incorporate all that into RS2 as they did with EOC.

One thing I'm looking forward to is HTML5 hopefully destroying botting for good.

My point is: The online players count is really skewed for EOC. And let's just say we are in a perfect world and there are not bots. It still doesn't erase the fact that the player count for EOCscape will ALWAYS be greater due to the fact that they include FTP players. As of right now, members to members, OSR has more players.

Back on topic. I think it's pretty pre-mature to get into RS3 since a lot of people are still hooked on RS2... I think the difference between RSC and RS2 were overwhelming and that caused people to move on. I don't consider the updates we will see in RS3 that major. You could easily incorporate all that into RS2 as they did with EOC.

One thing I'm looking forward to is HTML5 hopefully destroying botting for good.

Only due it having way more bots then we currently have in EoC

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

This is the bug that blocks HTML5 RS on Firefox: https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=504553 (WebSocket in Workers).

It is possible to workaround that issue. It would not even be that hard. It could introduce some latency though.

"The more persistence a game tries to have; the longer it is set up to last; the greater number (and broader variety) of people it tries to attract; and in general the more immersive a game/world it set out to be--then the more breadth and depth of human experience it needs to support to be successful for more than say, 12-24 months. If you try to create a deeply immersive, broadly appealing, long-lasting world that does not adequately provide for human tendencies such as violence, acquisition, justice, family, community, exploration, etc (and I would contend we are nowhere close to doing this), you will see two results: first, individuals in the population will begin to display a wide range of fairly predictable socially pathological behaviors (including general malaise, complaining, excessive bullying and/or PKing, harassment, territoriality, inappropriate aggression, and open rebellion against those who run the game); and second, people will eventually vote with their feet--but only after having passionately cast 'a pox on both your houses.' In essence, if you set people up for an experience they deeply crave (and mostly cannot find in real life) and then don't deliver, they will become like spurned lovers--somebecome sullen and aggressive or neurotic, and eventually almost all leave."

Mike Sellers' Hypothesis

It's pretty clear that jagex wants to progress in every aspect of the game. They won't sit back to wait for the majority of the player base to get their full on rs2 content. I am all for the full steam ahead. Honestly if I somehow fell back a year or more I would love it and slightly bank y return on the epic amount of content delivered over a year. Other games such as WoW can be caught up in within a months time when expansions come out.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I find the argument of it being premature to get into RS3 as people are still hooked on RS2 to be total nonsense.

They are the SAME game.

It's not like Fable, Halo, Assassin's Creed, The Sims or w/e else where you put 2 aside and pick up 3 as a brand new fresh start at the very beginning game.

Yes it's a 'new' game in the sense they recode the back end from the ground up but the entirety of the game content, users, progress etc is taken across from one game to the other with just a bit of a polish on interfaces, back end and graphical stuff. Transitioning from RS2 to RS3 has basically 0 impact on how or what you are playing. You'll still have all your stats quests etc and all the same content will be there and waiting so what does it matter if you are playing in an engine known as RS2 or RS3?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's because of the massive change in visuals, but that screenshot looks so...fake. It looks like something you'd see in a fake "get ur rs3 beta here" phishing email. If I had no idea about RS3 and got that in my inbox, I'd delete it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png