Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

Gonna see if my 2600 and GTI 570 will stand up to this

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Some emails seem to be getting routed through bluehornet.com, others through cheetahmail.net and chtah.net. These have both been used in the past (the free 30 days emails and the surveys) and there is somewhere on the rswiki that lists some of this IIRC.

Riqualyn.png

I like four threads. It's been bugging me for a while that RuneScape uses only one. It's a nice leapfrog too, most of the games I own wont support more than two, and the ones that do have to be manually configured for it (Skyrim can do at least 6, not sure how high it can go). I am certainly interested to see what the computer load looks like on Wedensday, since unless the new client is considerably more work, at 4 cores I would expect any quadcore and up to have a fairly easy go at this, GPU permitting.

Still, I expect the minimum requirements to be a lot lower. There wouldn't seem to be much point going out of your way to make this compatible with mobile devices if the client can't lighten itself enough for them to handle it.

quite a few phones are far more powerful than some of the PCs that people are worried about not working...

And they can gain a lot by being able to re-write client using modern tech...

Plus the fact that browsers focus more on making HTML5 work than java work. I've had issues using the java applet due to mouse switching contenxt between browser and app, that should be less of an issue now

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Seems like I've missed the selection process for early beta access...again...ahh the disappointment of EoC and TU all over again...how bittersweet.

On a positive note congratulations to all selected, post lots of screenshots! :P

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I think the biggest reason behind the HTML5 move is that it can be used on tablets and phones. Which is a pretty stupid reason to sacrifice a ton of performance.

Maybe it performs better on ARM processors better than on Intel which is why it requires an i5. Or maybe during the beta stage they don't want people complaining about poor performance on older/lower spec computers while they are still tweaking and developing. By saying at this stage you need an i5 etc they arent offering false promises until the engine is closer to completion.

However that's a bit moot right now because Jagex have no plans to make a RuneScape app for iOS limitations with WebGL means that it will only work on Android in the Chrome Beta app (not stock browser or even the standard Chrome app).

Tomorrow when beta launches it won't work on an iPad, it wont work on an iPhone (well... nothing iOS really) or WinPho8 or Blackberry10... in fact it won't work on anything less than Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) with the caveat you must also install a beta Chrome app.

Android's global market share is about 40%. Of that 40% just under half of Android devices are running a sufficiently high enough version of the OS to be able to run Chrome Beta (which is not installed by default).

It's a pretty big fail for mobile compatibility... for now.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I really hope that my laptop will be able to run the game well. I am sure Jagex said the game would run more easily, and even though they put out these recommendations in the email, I mostly think that it is a recommendation to run on "max". I don't think not meeting these requirements will mean that you're doomed. Well, we will all know tomorrow.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

My new laptop has an i5 processor (I couldn't afford the i7 version) but it has 2GB of dedicated vram so I hopefully will be ok.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My new laptop has an i5 processor (I couldn't afford the i7 version) but it has 2GB of dedicated vram so I hopefully will be ok.

The price jump from i5 to i7 isn't worth it ;)

I think the biggest reason behind the HTML5 move is that it can be used on tablets and phones. Which is a pretty stupid reason to sacrifice a ton of performance.

It appears that you can still use the java client.

I'm personally not worried about performance loss - I recently bought a new toaster and it uses under 10% cpu running rs on max settings. They say you can choose the settings such that even the most powerful pcs will have trouble. I'm curious to see what that'll look like.

• Like 1

Some of the RSOF stuff does make me lol - How many people are getting all raged up that their system won't be able to run it in spite of the fact their system specs are built from like 10+ old parts and have specs that most budget laptops can beat.

But hardly surprising whenever anything new pc based comes out (sims etc. etc. etc.) you get some getting all butthurt over the reqs being too high for their archaic machine because they just don't grasp the fact technology moves forward and developers are not going to water down their product to run on systems so old that you can easily replace them with a budget build because they want to show off what is possible and make it all sparkly and amazing for the average machine and super awesome for high spec machines.

Personally I hope it can run on my mac at least at mid-low settings since I got 2.4Ghz process and 8gb ram, and I'm fairly sure my super desktop can run it (though since my desktop is dated by like 2-3 years now it's not as cutting edge as it once was; but I can easily bolster it with a bigger GPU and a bit more ram if I so desire.)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As soon as the beta servers are live, you'll be able to log in using your regular RuneScape account. This means you can continue to make game progress while you try out the new client, but remember items can still be lost! Make sure your valuables are banked and you're in a safe area before logging out of the Java client and into the HTML5 client. As this is a beta there is the distinct possibility of glitches.

From the mail!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

http://services.rune...s E&lookup=view

It'll cap at 120 fps if your monitor supports it, and it supports up to four threads at the same time.

We'll see what I can get with oced 2500k and GTX 660 Ti :P

I challenge you to a d-d-d...d-d-d-d-duel!

Really excited for this. :).

1366112763.png

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

As soon as the beta servers are live, you'll be able to log in using your regular RuneScape account. This means you can continue to make game progress while you try out the new client, but remember items can still be lost! Make sure your valuables are banked and you're in a safe area before logging out of the Java client and into the HTML5 client. As this is a beta there is the distinct possibility of glitches.

From the mail!

Tbf like Mod Chris said - since this is basically a beta for the rendering engine and all the game data and account data are handle by an entirely different unaltered system losing items in the beta due to glitches is next to impossible. That bit of the mail is just a cover yo ass kinda statement though. Firstly because many will assume its like eoc beta and go charging in, lose all their gear then whine and secondly because of the unlikely event some glitch-tastic explosion happens and you do lose items to it. Both cases Jagex got the ass covered on giving items back or doing rollbacks as they upfront warned you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From the mail!

Tbf like Mod Chris said - since this is basically a beta for the rendering engine and all the game data and account data are handle by an entirely different unaltered system losing items in the beta due to glitches is next to impossible. That bit of the mail is just a cover yo ass kinda statement though. Firstly because many will assume its like eoc beta and go charging in, lose all their gear then whine and secondly because of the unlikely event some glitch-tastic explosion happens and you do lose items to it. Both cases Jagex got the ass covered on giving items back or doing rollbacks as they upfront warned you.

Only item loss I can see happening would be because the client crashed during combat in which case you still have the benefits of the gravestones.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The scary part is that some phones are considerably more powerful than some of the computers people are talking about. I think I still have trouble wrapping my head around that sometimes.

Setting the bar high does make sense. They haven't optimized the client yet, though it looks like they have been making pretty quick progress on that front, and I doubt they are interested in finishing that process before we get a chance to have our say and demand whatever changes will be demanded, or incorporate new ideas. I suppose there is also something to be said for suture proofing, even if much of the portable hardware might not ultimately be ready, but html being around in the future is a pretty solid bet, so this seems like a decent place to invest in for the foreseeable future given their apparent goals.

Also, I now want a new cell phone, because never has "computers depreciate in value at roughly the same rate as bananas" been more true than my cell phone. Apparently (it actually does just fine, though a bigger processor would allow it to play more of my video library by being able to deal with better bit rates).

The price jump from i5 to i7 isn't worth it ;)

It appears that you can still use the java client.

I'm personally not worried about performance loss - I recently bought a new toaster and it uses under 10% cpu running rs on max settings. They say you can choose the settings such that even the most powerful pcs will have trouble. I'm curious to see what that'll look like.

I don't care if I can still use the java client. Those who can't run an HTML5 client should still be able to experience the benefits of a rewrite. If they just did it in C++, all computers could run it well and it would outperform HTML5 on all machines. As Mercifull said, the only reason to use HTML5 is pretty much moot.

Wait, will this actually have a linux client? Or will I have to play online? Because chrome seems to kill the fps of anything else I have open; 50 fps in max graphics (bloom+aax4 too), open chrome and it drops to 15, firefox is fine. :wall:

(This is with a 3.4ghz i5 (quad core iirc) and 8gb ram...)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Wait, will this actually have a linux client? Or will I have to play online? Because chrome seems to kill the fps of anything else I have open; 50 fps in max graphics (bloom+aax4 too), open chrome and it drops to 15, firefox is fine. :wall:

(This is with a 3.4ghz i5 (quad core iirc) and 8gb ram...)

I read on the rsof that there won't be a client so you will have to stick with Chrome or Firefox when it becomes compatible

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Yeah download client is unlikely for the beta since it'd take a fair bit of work to make and based on prior betas they don't bother.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't care if I can still use the java client. Those who can't run an HTML5 client should still be able to experience the benefits of a rewrite. If they just did it in C++, all computers could run it well and it would outperform HTML5 on all machines. As Mercifull said, the only reason to use HTML5 is pretty much moot.

And C++ can be compiled into a HTML5 (JavaScript) application. See BananaBread for an example (https://developer.mo...ail/bananabread).