Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

Not that everyone hasn't already figured it out, but tip.it officially recognizes that the NDA has been lifted and yadda yadda.

I was in it, and it wasn't running very well, and the anti-aliasing was like 'what anti-aliasing? 2x?' so I left the game to set it to something better manually, and grab a better gpu monitoring program because the one I had was of pretty questionably use. Now the servers wont let me log back in. So yeah, going well.

NDA is lifted, can share whatever you like.

It's lifted but as the j mod said in the thread on rsof, they ask that you hold your images and videos for a little bit so they can get some optimization done.

In other words. You're free to post, but they prefered if you didn't for a bit.

Pic a friend sent me

[hide= spoiler if you havent done TWW]2BPTu.jpg[/hide]

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Can't get it to work, beta loads for a bit then redirects itself to the Java client after a few minutes.

Same shit as with the Bestiary.

*sigh*

Couldn't you make a downloadable client instead of forcing me to use shitty Chrome, Jagex?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

2BQDY.png

Buying about 50% more draw distance than we get @ max.

Also: attempting to customise max/comp cape = game crash, as does staying on the bank interface for more than a few seconds for me. Just a little warning for anyone else.

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

I remember I had to do something to make the bestiary work. Not the faintest idea what it was, just that there was a problem with the local storage. Downloadable client is not really an option here, it would just be Jagex recreating chrome, because the interface has to be run inside a web browser (a program that can handle HTML5 and javascript).

The game runs poorly, though I'm not entirely sure why. Best guess is that I am running out of VRAM, since my graphics card runs pretty steady around 50%, and my CPU is putting out significantly less effort. As a means of testing, I set my GPU to the highest AA and AS settings it could handle, and it murdered the frame rate (from 7-11 to about 1-3), without increasing the GPU load at all. So until I can get the card to give up RAM usage, that's bets guess.

The game is quite pretty, bugs not withstanding. The player avatar does not look good, refusing to smooth out at x8 anti-aliasing, and displaying what I would call pixel crawl. I am going to look into getting a newer graphical driver later, since I am a version or two back, mostly because every time I try to update it, my wireless card breaks the next time the computer starts (I suspect the catalyst control center, which my computer runs a custom version of that for some reason also ties into the wireless adapter).

I climbed white wolf mountain, and I agree with the above. A bit more draw distance would go a long way in certain areas, and the water draw distances are clearly broken. The ocean to the south just sort of ends, while the land next to it goes a bit further before it fogs out (the water has no fog). I also noticed a lot of buildings missing parts outright, mostly on the upper floors.

Still, this is pretty promissing. Once they sort out the rampant bugs and optomize it, it should be a pretty sweet deal. Unfortunately, I don't think it's really far enough along for me to use as my main client. I can have a bigger world space, or I can have the better looking one confined to the immediate area.

2BR8H.png

Morytania

Good god, and I thought my allergies were bad here in NC.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

1-4 FPS on BETA. HTML5 will have to wait until I reach at least double to triple that. It looks awesome though. I might just upload a picture myself. Just for fun.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

vFl9PHj.jpg

Will wait until it stops randomly crippling me by holding down all my ability hotkeys.

Overall thoughts:

Would like more draw distance

Would like the fading out at the edges of what you can see to be smoothed a little

Our characters now look bad, definitely need some TLC.

Items now look completely stupid in the bank (surrounded by a thick black outline for some reason). Revert.

Assuming that random crashes, lag and slowed down camera rotation are just because it's a beta and Jagex will fix.

Also chrome is annoying and I want to use it on Firefox. No idea if this is already planned for the future or...

Asmodean <3

Overall thoughts:

Would like more draw distance

Would like the fading out at the edges of what you can see to be smoothed a little

Our characters now look bad, definitely need some TLC.

Items now look completely stupid in the bank (surrounded by a thick black outline for some reason). Revert.

Assuming that random crashes, lag and slowed down camera rotation are just because it's a beta and Jagex will fix.

Also chrome is annoying and I want to use it on Firefox. No idea if this is already planned for the future or...

I figured the shadows on bank items was from dynamic shadows, didn't check though.

I'm getting it too, and others as well.

Other things:

Chat overlaps the quickchat symbol.

Login/logouts do not appear split in chat, and they appear in white.

Couldn't walk through the Yanille gate, had to use grapple. Once the gate graphic loaded, it appeared open with a 'close' option, but neither walking nor closing it actually worked.

There was a staircase hotspot in my POH carpet. It didn't actually work though.

Also I was able to see the ballistas on Khazard battlefield from the ogre hill south of the gnome maze. Woot :D.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted