11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

We should have attack/strength bonus (i dont like the crit system tbh) on gwd/nex

That'd completely defeat the purpose of the EoC armor rebalancing. Have nex drop top-tier rings and amulets? Sure. But drop the only armor in the game w/ offensive boosts (excluding void and TzHaar)? Absolutely not.

77yLQy8.png

frankly, i think introducing crit onto armour would be a step in the right direction, like the old str bonus. The majority of it was ALWAYS from the weapon, you could add onto that with rings/some armours ect....

also, on the subject of heresy...... any idea why in bejesus jagex introduced gear switch cooldowns? most annoying (bleep) for anything which requires gear switching(tds, dks, shield switching for healing...) with 1handed weapons so underpowered, it doesnt seem fair we should have timecaps on gear switching, which has killed me more than once...

meamzed.png

I don't see what was so unbalancing about strength bonuses on gear, really.

Since Bandos/Torva gave Strength Bonus, they could just have given Ranged strength bonuses to Arma/Pernix and given Magic Damage bonuses to Virtus (Subjugation already has Magic damage bonuses)

No need to revert to old armour stats, though.

Just use the current Crit. % feature, will do the same thing.

Making something rare only because you can't play is really lame.

You can play the minigame. You just have to wait a bit for all the content to be available.

You're acting like multi-staged release of new content is somehow weird in the video games industry, and I'm not sure why.

Except you can't. I can't play this for another ~3 hours because I ran out of missions. I know I can't play all the content, but I can't even play the content that is unlocked.

Stop putting words in my mouth and getting people to like you for doing it. I really don't appreciate it.

Making something rare only because you can't play is really lame.

You can play the minigame. You just have to wait a bit for all the content to be available.

You're acting like multi-staged release of new content is somehow weird in the video games industry, and I'm not sure why.

Except you can't. I can't play this for another ~3 hours because I ran out of missions. I know I can't play all the content, but I can't even play the content that is unlocked.

Stop putting words in my mouth and getting people to like you for doing it. I really don't appreciate it.

Right. It's not like dungeoneering which was released in stages, but at least people could still play as much as they wanted.

There's literally nothing to do in POPs once you finish all your missions, except for wait till the next day's missions... which technically makes POPs a D&D, rather than a minigame >_>

77yLQy8.png

We should have attack/strength bonus (i dont like the crit system tbh) on gwd/nex

That'd completely defeat the purpose of the EoC armor rebalancing. Have nex drop top-tier rings and amulets? Sure. But drop the only armor in the game w/ offensive boosts (excluding void and TzHaar)? Absolutely not.

I don't see what's wrong with making the (now second) best armour in the game desirable. A bit of str/crit isn't that overpowered.

I don't see what's wrong with making the (now second) best armour in the game desirable. A bit of str/crit isn't that overpowered.

Am I the only one that likes the way the crit system currently works? With my shitty gear I can get around 9%, which is a better rate than most other games I've played.

• Like 1

muggi, bruno mentioned both gwd and nex gear :)

--

In my opinion being limited to missions is alright, because it slows possible progress down. I like that it will take time. It seems the voyage lengths will also increase making it more difficult to do all 12 voyages in 1 day.

I got about 3 hours of time from one day. I feel like that is more than plenty for PoP, and yet still enables keeping the items and gear rare enough so that we won't see them for a while.

It is nice to have fun content that is almost like a skill in length (that you can't just have 99 instantly)

I do understand complains about being done.. I wish there were some minigames or other activities one could do in the ports to spice this up.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

muggi, bruno mentioned both gwd and nex gear :)

GWD already drops the best amulets in game :P But I don't think crit bonuses should be added to ANY armor. Unless maybe they gave every armor a crit bonus. But like I said, never underestimate the lengths people will go to in order to maximize their DPS and experience.

I still believe that Jagex created MA and made it the most awful minigame ever just to see how many people would actually waste 20-30 hours of their lives there for a tiny DPS boost :P

77yLQy8.png

Simply adding crit bonus doesn't make it better armor, it makes it a better weapon. If we want a reason to buy high level armor we need high level monsters or bosses. The problem with most bosses right now is that they take a very short time to get back to or you don't even need to bank at all so you can just get a few kills then grab your ancient ceremonial set or whatever and jump right back in. If say QBD took 5 minutes to get to for a 5 minute fight, using nex gear might be a good idea as you're more likely to last for two kills which means every hour you're potentially making money for 40 minutes instead of 30, and with level 99 armor you could be getting three or four kills.

I haven't failed a mission or anything yet, so could someone tell me how/what happens when you fail? How does crew die? How does your ship get damaged? Can you lose a ship?

I've failed a few missions and only had a crewman die once. Right after you click the "check results" button it will tell you that you failed in place of what items you received.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I haven't failed a mission or anything yet, so could someone tell me how/what happens when you fail? How does crew die? How does your ship get damaged? Can you lose a ship?

Crew dies if fail, don't know how many, shit damaged if fail but you can pay the black market guy to fix it instead of waiting. You can lose a captain.

I'm glad there is a mission limit simply because I don't want to compete with people who play very much. The limit levels the playing field.

Anyway, info:

I used an Adventurer Reroll and got five new (extra) special missions.

Two were new adventurers, 1200 Seafaring to get them (easy) @ 21 minutes each.

One is a 4000 Seafaring mission for gunpowder, about 1h 10 minutes.

One is a 2400 Combat & Morale mission for resources.

One is a 3000 Combat & Morale mission for a scroll. 2h 20 minutes approx.

I only got 44% on the last one, so here's hoping it works.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

so first I'm going for one that looks nice (and i think virtus looks the worst of all nex, so looking into replacing that asap)

Fashionscape :thumbup:

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I'm looking into getting the vampirism item (scrimshaw?) for the pocket slot, free hp boost for damage dealt will be useful :) then possibly mage armour, seeing as I haven't got the reqs. to make melee/tetsu armour.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Pvp armour and weapons got kind of screwed over. All the armour is terrible and so are all the weapons but spear, and spears stats look like a glitch(although are fitting for cost), 1% crit on vls lol? Would need to be more like a 20% crit to be anywhere near as useful as before, and all Pvp armor should give damage boosts.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Sea singer headband I think :P

I don't particularly care for the stats (I have nex sets and don't enjoy combat anymore), so first I'm going for one that looks nice (and i think virtus looks the worst of all nex, so looking into replacing that asap)

We may not have much choice over what scrolls we go for. I know that we can have them focus efforts but we really don't know what that means.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014