11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Failing it often and I seem to be earning crap all. this is harder then I thought. That or the guide is SEVERELY shit on Jagex's behalf.

Everyone learns differently, but if reading is your strong point, it was more than adequate on explaining how different ratings affect your success rates. The only thing I think it failed on was explaining how even though your voyages depend on a certain trait/combination of traits, that morality/seafaring still affect your ability to return with your goal accomplished & treasure in-hand.

What aren't you understanding about PoP?

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Failing it often and I seem to be earning crap all. this is harder then I thought. That or the guide is SEVERELY shit on Jagex's behalf.

Everyone learns differently, but if reading is your strong point, it was more than adequate on explaining how different ratings affect your success rates. The only thing I think it failed on was explaining how even though your voyages depend on a certain trait/combination of traits, that morality/seafaring still affect your ability to return with your goal accomplished & treasure in-hand.

What aren't you understanding about PoP?

Wait, so if something requires 1k combat and nothing else, I'll get less rewards if I max combat but don't bother to raise my morale/seafaring?

77yLQy8.png

Wait, so if something requires 1k combat and nothing else, I'll get less rewards if I max combat but don't bother to raise my morale/seafaring?

Huh, what? No o_O If you go out with super high combat but your mutiny is piss poor, even if you're 100% you could still have a minor mutiny on your ship, is what I mean (as an example) That's why some people are still failing even though they have 100%

hzvjpwS.gif

Huh, what? No o_O If you go out with super high combat but your mutiny is piss poor, even if you're 100% you could still have a minor mutiny on your ship, is what I mean (as an example) That's why some people are still failing even though they have 100%

Are you serious???? Now I'm scared lol.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

has anyone done the Barmaid's mission yet?

and if so, does it take up a slot in the "Standard Voyages" tab or the "Special Voyages" tab?

cheers,

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I had an assassin mission, asking me to find a person in a blue top. Tried all the people in blue tops and it didn't work, so I tried literally everyone wandering around multiple times and it didn't work...do the Wandering Strangers hide somewhere, upstairs in the bar or something?

I had an assassin mission, asking me to find a person in a blue top. Tried all the people in blue tops and it didn't work, so I tried literally everyone wandering around multiple times and it didn't work...do the Wandering Strangers hide somewhere, upstairs in the bar or something?

i had that mission yesterday, all the "Wandering Strangers" were in the centre plaza...

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

has anyone done the Barmaid's mission yet?

and if so, does it take up a slot in the "Standard Voyages" tab or the "Special Voyages" tab?

cheers,

I've done that and it was in the standard voyages.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

N9wX8.jpg

Jagex knows that the QBD is solo only, right?

Maybe they'll rerelease her as a team based boss as well?

Edit: I feel that the ports mechanics are a bit antigrind which is fine with me, but one thing bothers me. I feel that this place should be/feel more bustling. I feel it should not be instanced and should be made a community hub. The fact that we will get a bank there later is great, but ports are big gathering places. I almost feel that they should have stalls to thieve from to pinch extra goods once in a while. How about fishing spots off of the dock? Maybe even bring the old certificate traders here and let them run resource trade (conversion) outposts. There is a lot I feel that could make this a lot less of an in-and-out DD. mind you I know this is what they are modeled to be, but a bit more depth in mechanics would be nice.

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So which is the best add-on to get for the ship?

I'd say aim for deck items first; at each 'level' (meaning bamboo level, gunpowder level etc.) there is 1 for seafaring, 1 for morale and 1 for combat that go a long way to helping.

After that hulls all help seafaring and are divided into cmb hulls and morale hulls, figurehead is pure cmb/morale and rudder is pure speed.

Best route seems to be trying to buy all of a given tier for deck items then hull/figurehead and finishing with rudder but not being afraid to skip a tier if you reach the next best one before u finish.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The ram handles morale or combat. Deck handles all three. The hull is balanced, but gives a moderate boost to either combat or seaworthy. Get the hull first as you cover all three. Get the deck next as it hits two spots at once meaning you cover two areas or double points on one area. The ram is last. Still, best to choose which gives you the percentage to pass the next mission(s).

So far, I've passed all 24 missions I've been given. Most have been 100% but a couple of 80% so I know it's luck. I'm in the skull island portion and getting the 350 point pirates. Going to be a while before I can upgrade the gunpowder based upgrades.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

thanks for the info kim about mutiny (morale) among crew members even if it says 100%.

Is their any factual evidence stating the chance for a scroll will be if you focus on a farther region? and yes i know scrolls only come on the special voyage list.

Someone mentioned about the whaler and couldnt find him. i had him in port, never spoke to him, did a mission that was for him, looked at my list of special guests in port and it said he was sailing or some wording to that effect.

Yeah the scrolls are from certain people like the whaler. The whaler will come to port and offer special voyages with a potential scroll reward. I'm willing to bet that once we've collected all scroll pieces the scroll reward gets replaced with chi globes, lacquer, plates, spice and ancient bones.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Buy the deck items first. Hull is nice but I'd aim for it after the deck items. Of course there are some crew members that are nice to buy once you get in second region that cost the same as a deck item. Definitely try to have a first mate (or overseer if you're in the second region) on each ship too.

I think once you get to the second region the Eastern Overseer is quite a step up, basically a First Mate with double the stats and bonus effect.

It also appears that the bonus effect from Solidarity is bugged at the moment, giving you the full value of it (+25 or +50 x 4) even on an empty vessel.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So things ramped up quickly. I currently have 5 special voyages and my 3 regular ones all with either 2 x 2000 or a total of 3600<. I can barely even come close to hitting 2k for a single stat let alone multiples of them I thought they would inter space some easier ones so I could at least work on something. As of right now anything I send out is in the <70% success range.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I think once you get to the second region the Eastern Overseer is quite a step up, basically a First Mate with double the stats and bonus effect.

It also appears that the bonus effect from Solidarity is bugged at the moment, giving you the full value of it (+25 or +50 x 4) even on an empty vessel.

Ya I forgot about the overseer. Didn't get lucky enough with crew rolls to get him yesterday but my friend told me about him.