11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I'm wondering if maybe a person should focus on the main set of islands first as a way to level up people? Because the missions for the Skulls are significantly harder in terms of totals needed.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So change your focus when your rolling for crews? Then pick the easier one to run missions? Or just run with a high possibility to fail?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm wondering if maybe a person should focus on the main set of islands first as a way to level up people? Because the missions for the Skulls are significantly harder in terms of totals needed.

No the standard voyages for the skull region are fairly easy after you have a few easterner crew members and you need gunpowder to unlock the better deck items.

Upgrades that require gunpowder > leveled up arc region crew members. My level 0 easterners replace two of my level 3 stowaways.

thanks for the info kim about mutiny (morale) among crew members even if it says 100%.

Why can we fail 100% voyages?

Mod Moltare: Speaking from the perspective of the success/failure determining algorithm, I can assure you that you cannot.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

thanks for the info kim about mutiny (morale) among crew members even if it says 100%.

Mod Moltare: Speaking from the perspective of the success/failure determining algorithm, I can assure you that you cannot.

I think the misconception is stemming from:

IF you do fail stats OTHER than the ones for mission can be referenced in the blurb of the cause.

eg I had a combat mission sent off about 80 something % when it came back failed the blurb said due to low morale there was a minor mutiny that caused the failure.

I dunno if this actually means low morale caused the fail or if it's just a shippy/piratey reasoning.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think the misconception is stemming from:

IF you do fail stats OTHER than the ones for mission can be referenced in the blurb of the cause.

eg I had a combat mission sent off about 80 something % when it came back failed the blurb said due to low morale there was a minor mutiny that caused the failure.

I dunno if this actually means low morale caused the fail or if it's just a shippy/piratey reasoning.

the low morale/minor mutiny was just a reason given for the voyages failure due to your combat being under 100% I'm guessing. They can't say you failed because you didn't meet the combat requirement we set because that doesn't sound as piratey/nautical

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Just a warning to all:

If you have 2 or more special voyages that all require a specific skill-based visitor (e.g. The Missionary), then you can only choose to go on one of the special voyages before the visitor disappears. I decided I would go on an easier special voyage and ended up missing a chance to give my scroll mission a go.

• Like 6

Yeah the scrolls are from certain people like the whaler. The whaler will come to port and offer special voyages with a potential scroll reward. I'm willing to bet that once we've collected all scroll pieces the scroll reward gets replaced with chi globes, lacquer, plates, spice and ancient bones.

Worth noting though that specific scrolls do not appear to be tied to specific characters; though I'd hedge my bets that each adventurer can only offer 12 scroll missions enforcing all 6 90s to get all the rewards. (12*6=72. 72=4+12+12+12+32 4=soup 12=armour set (3*4) 32=scrimshaw (8*4))

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wait, so if something requires 1k combat and nothing else, I'll get less rewards if I max combat but don't bother to raise my morale/seafaring?

Huh, what? No o_O If you go out with super high combat but your mutiny is piss poor, even if you're 100% you could still have a minor mutiny on your ship, is what I mean (as an example) That's why some people are still failing even though they have 100%

Are you serious???? Now I'm scared lol.

It's the only explanation I can think of. I'm not 100% sure yet because...well, the stuff's only been out for 2 days lol. But I think this might be the reasons for it, otherwise we shouldn't be able to fail at 100%.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just a warning to all:

If you have 2 or more special voyages that all require a specific skill-based visitor (e.g. The Missionary), then you can only choose to go on one of the special voyages before the visitor disappears. I decided I would go on an easier special voyage and ended up missing a chance to give my scroll mission a go.

Realized this yesterday while working on missions, I started with 5 special voyages but could only end up doing 3.

Sc.png

Wait, so if something requires 1k combat and nothing else, I'll get less rewards if I max combat but don't bother to raise my morale/seafaring?

Huh, what? No o_O If you go out with super high combat but your mutiny is piss poor, even if you're 100% you could still have a minor mutiny on your ship, is what I mean (as an example) That's why some people are still failing even though they have 100%

Are you serious???? Now I'm scared lol.

It's the only explanation I can think of. I'm not 100% sure yet because...well, the stuff's only been out for 2 days lol. But I think this might be the reasons for it, otherwise we shouldn't be able to fail at 100%.

We can't Mod confirmation was posted further up the page. No fails at 100%

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Its about damn luck. I mean, in this stage we got low ressources along with bad/unexperianced crew rolls and filed missions which could potentialy give us lots of mats for example special ones but req 5000 stat.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

I've never failed a 100% success mission. I've failed a 89% mission, and I've heard a fail at 98% but no one I know has evidence of a failed mission at 100%. Plus we have Mod confirmation that you cannot fail at 100% (meaning that if you do it is a bug)

I think the other stats might help if you are below 100% in the required ones, then higher seafaring or morale might make it less likely to die etc. But that would be very difficult to prove.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Slate is the next region as far as I know, meaning that no one will get it for at least a few days (because as you noticed each day only gets us a little bit into the region)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Barmaid voyage required about 2k in each stat...

My success rate was 60%

I succeeded.

Got 1442 Chimes and 700 Gunpoweder.

Eoe is mad.

Haha, same here! Had a 60% chance and got the same amount of charms and gunpowder. 8-)

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

If you have the 2nd islands unlocked but go back to the first island set for more bamboo does that not count towards the third island chain?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Anyone know of a formula I could use in excel or google docs that could pull the best stats based on the totals needed for a mission? Let's say in this example I need 1000 Morale and 1000 Seafaring. It would search each combo of crew, ship upgrades, building bonuses, etc. and provide me with which set of those could yield the highest percentage for that mission.

Crew Morale Combat Seafaring Speed
Fisher 1 10 210
Fisher 2 190
Cook 1 180
Pirate 1 190
Pirate 2 20 175 20

Rams
Polishede Figure 100
Sturdy Ram 100

Deck 1
Sturdy Rigging 200
Large Crate 200
Single Cannon 200

Deck 2
Sturdy Rigging 200
Large Crate 200
Single Cannon 200

Hull
Reinforced 100 150 100 50
Sleek 100 100 150 50

Mission 1000 1000

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::