11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Tip: upgrade your ship as fast as possible. There are a few missions where you can send your ship + captain and have 100% without any crew. This then saves your crew for the harder missions when you need to stack them up

I wanted the SS Anne but it's not available. A thousand curses Jagex.

It's probably for the best. When that ship leaves port it never comes back.

SS Anne, Titanic, Lusitania, HMAS Sydney

Man, one helluvan arsenal.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Still, send your extra crew on those missions so they level up. Especially with a cyclops, for the 10% bonus

Cyclops give 10% bonus? Good thing I got 2 of em!

I'm...lukewarm to this at the moment. I did enjoy sending out my ships, and I will admit that a lot of my negative feelings were just me making mistakes and getting used to the interface, it's just too bad that I only started after the day changed so I wasn't able to do as many runs. Guess the one thing I'm not so happy with is that it kinda prevents me from powertraining, especially rc in runespan since by the time I have all the runes I need and traverse I don't have much grind time before the ship comes. I'm sure a routine will come about, and it works pretty well in intervals with the daily tasks I get.

I've heard this complaint in the past. Wonder if Jagex would be willing to allow us to get more starting runes and essence based upon our level. Right now it's 10 runes each when you ask the mage. What if instead you can get up to your RC level in runes when asking the mage for runes and 2.5x your RC level in essence? People would be more willing to leave the place to do D&Ds and other activities.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I can't shake the feeling that PoP looks like a facebook game (farmville for example) and still ... I was more happy to find a 160/200/140/100 captain than having a good drop ingame xD

when i first started it felt the exact same thing.

for the time being it is fun and exciting. i expect int he future i will get bored.

I have to say this though

GOOD JOB JAGEX.

wow never thought id say that.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I've managed to still not try this. Wondering what the user interface is like. My experience has been that all interfaces in RuneScape are really clunky since they tend to be very button oriented, which is absolutely horrid when combined with server ticks that are more than half a second long). I mean, I'll find out for myself obviously, I'd just like to now how much I need to brace myself for potential buttons covered parchment a la MTK (which might have the single worst clunky and cobbled together UI in the game).

I've managed to still not try this. Wondering what the user interface is like. My experience has been that all interfaces in RuneScape are really clunky since they tend to be very button oriented, which is absolutely horrid when combined with server ticks that are more than half a second long). I mean, I'll find out for myself obviously, I'd just like to now how much I need to brace myself for potential buttons covered parchment a la MTK (which might have the single worst clunky and cobbled together UI in the game).

I have to say that I agree with you here. Less buttons to click on at times would certainly be nice. But then, what would you use instead? It's kind of hard to replace all those buttons :/

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

To be honest their panning and viewpoint technology makes up for the buttons. The only real clunky part is their not making the loadout popups for the ships exit out after selection. The again they could have solved this by making a better interface to display stats and potential outfittings. I think though their use of camera panning was there biggest pride and joy here within the update.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

what? upgrade ships? how??

i am struggling with crew noobs ffs

The ones you can buy for your ram, hull, rudder and two ship supplies.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

what? upgrade ships? how??

i am struggling with crew noobs ffs

The ones you can buy for your ram, hull, rudder and two ship supplies.

Where is this? I missed it :P

Accessed from clicking your shipyard button and then clicking either one of the buttons on your ship.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They're all locked! Is that the deck objects?

Yeah... Good lord this is why they make tutorials. Not for a welcoming committee!

• Like 6

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

First things first: did you do the tutorial? That'll get you some starting items and explain about selecting ship fittings.

Second, when you click on a ship fitting, if it's locked, it'll list a cost. The early items will be about 140 bamboo and 100 charms. These are great as they apply to both ships at the beginning. You can modify your stats much more with these. For example, unlocking the single cannon means you can put a cannon on both decks of ships adding 400 combat to it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Yeah... Good lord this is why they make tutorials. Not for a welcoming committee!

I don't like tutorials :P

Read it through but english is not my main language.. thanks for the help.

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.