11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I'll be happy if we get t85 mage weapons and nothing else. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Same with me, as a current user of T77 staff, with no access to either Virtus (not spending that much money for a t80 when a pair of T90 cost much less than that) or Chaotic staff (the effort vs reward simply is not worth it for me), I'll definitely find a use for T85 staff.

Regardless of whether I keep my T90 weapons or not, the T85 weapoms are still worthwhile investments for me as those are the weapons i'll definitely keep in my bank permanently regardless of how the economy crashes/rises. If anything, they're the next best thing.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I really do feel that the next rewards will require us to create disposable items. Maybe something to the effect of a polypore-like magic wand. The difference being we might need to collect things to charge it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I am fine with that as long as it doesn't require me recharging after every hour or so combat.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I doubt we'll see 5 hour degrade times, 10 or 12 hours is kinda the standard for 'normal' gear (eg not the pvp gears or dom tower stuff etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm inclined that it will fit between 4 hours for superior scrimshaws and 10 hours for superior ports. 6 or 8? Sounds about decent.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Same with me, as a current user of T77 staff, with no access to either Virtus (not spending that much money for a t80 when a pair of T90 cost much less than that) or Chaotic staff (the effort vs reward simply is not worth it for me), I'll definitely find a use for T85 staff.

Regardless of whether I keep my T90 weapons or not, the T85 weapoms are still worthwhile investments for me as those are the weapons i'll definitely keep in my bank permanently regardless of how the economy crashes/rises. If anything, they're the next best thing.

Do we have it confirmed that the t85 mage weapon will be a staff and not a wand/book?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Do we have it confirmed that the t85 mage weapon will be a staff and not a wand/book?

We know nothing other than there will be t85 weapons from ports.

Given the nature of ports thus far it is a relatively safe bet this means there will be something for each class (melee, mage, range) but where these fall in terms of dual wield vs 2h and what niches (crush, slash, stab, arrow, bolt etc.) they fill we do not know.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really hope it is T85 2h weapons.

I'm torn

On one hand, I'd like to have a useful level 85 weapon.

On the other hand, I don't want useful equipment to be so easily obtainable.

Chaotics are very useful, and they do take a fair amount of time to get. Yes, once you are 95+ you can get a chaotic an hour, or even less, but going from 1 to 80 for your initial 2m xp is HORRIBLY painful.

I really hope it is T85 2h weapons.

I'm torn

On one hand, I'd like to have a useful level 85 weapon.

On the other hand, I don't want useful equipment to be so easily obtainable.

Chaotics are very useful, and they do take a fair amount of time to get. Yes, once you are 95+ you can get a chaotic an hour, or even less, but going from 1 to 80 for your initial 2m xp is HORRIBLY painful.

I was getting at that a level 85 staff would be completely useless because a virtus wand and book would outclass it basically everywhere. The price of virtus would even go down because of illogical people (and you know we have a lot of those) would use the staff, which would make virtus even easier to get.

I really don't see the logic there at all.

Surely t90 weapons have had a far greater impact on the ease of getting nex items than t85 from ports could hope to achieve. I mean Nex is perfectly doable with t80 chaotic weaponry and that is much easier to obtain than port rewards are really once you consider the combined time investment for the skills for the necessary adventurers, getting through all the ports content plus the skills to make the stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I really don't see the logic there at all.

Surely t90 weapons have had a far greater impact on the ease of getting nex items than t85 from ports could hope to achieve. I mean Nex is perfectly doable with t80 chaotic weaponry and that is much easier to obtain than port rewards are really once you consider the combined time investment for the skills for the necessary adventurers, getting through all the ports content plus the skills to make the stuff.

What I said in no way contradicts that.

Look at the armadyl battlestaff

T78, slightly worse than chaotic/virtus, but it costs a lot more than chaotic staff... Because it can be bought

When t85 ports weapons come out, people would have an option to skill for weapons rather than to pay large amounts of money for them. If you're crying about how T85 staff or wand would devalue a T80 staff/wand.. Well.. that is kind of how it is supposed to work. Just like how drygores devalued chaotics.

I'm saying that it would only devalue virtus because people are illogical. It'd be useless in the metagame, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't think good weaponry should be that easy to obtain, but I'd like the new content to have a purpose.

I'm saying that it would only devalue virtus because people are illogical. It'd be useless in the metagame, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't think good weaponry should be that easy to obtain, but I'd like the new content to have a purpose.

Virtus weaponry has an illogical value anyway. It's horrifically over priced.

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015