11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Endgame: 4x jade dragon for extra trade goods.

If the expansion adds more scrolls, which seems likely, replace at least one with a telescope, up to three.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

pretty sure that 2x jade stats 2x parrots should be better (unless endgame is maxed/200m and xp not valued)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I've been trying to unlock the Oxhead and horseface for a while now. When I first reached the pincers, I've got the voyage to unlock it 3 times, and unfortunately failed all 3.

Now, I haven't got that voyage again for 3 weeks which is weird since I got the first few ones consecutively.

Help me!

Fab.png

max.png

If the expansion adds more scrolls, which seems likely, replace at least one with a telescope, up to three.

pretty sure that 2x jade stats 2x parrots should be better (unless endgame is maxed/200m and xp not valued)

I'd agree with Quyneax.

End game, by definition, means the final setup. If you are using parrots because you have some stats to max its not your final setup and thus not the endgame.

Equally I dunno if parrots/xp voyages are even worth it; they are fine to do if your not maxed and there is nothing else you can send out of course but as an actual purposefully sought source of xp they are a bit meh. You can get much more xp much faster by actually training the skills and in terms of gp:hr the money you save by using xp voyages for some (eg prayer) is outweighed by the profits to be made from using resource voyages to make port armours and scrimshaws to flog.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd agree with Quyneax.

End game, by definition, means the final setup. If you are using parrots because you have some stats to max its not your final setup and thus not the endgame.

Equally I dunno if parrots/xp voyages are even worth it; they are fine to do if your not maxed and there is nothing else you can send out of course but as an actual purposefully sought source of xp they are a bit meh. You can get much more xp much faster by actually training the skills and in terms of gp:hr the money you save by using xp voyages for some (eg prayer) is outweighed by the profits to be made from using resource voyages to make port armours and scrimshaws to flog.

Sending out xp voyages is definitely worth it as long as the adventurer isn't offering any trade goods. You would have to be obscenely lucky to send 8 trade good voyages in a 24 hour period between adventurers and standard voyage (you get an average of 1.4 trade good voyages per day for standard, and you'll get max of 2 from adventurers).

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'd agree with Quyneax.

25k rc/slayer/fish xp is ~15 minutes, 6 plates is 650k based on the tetsu plate prices posted on the last page+a negligible amount of smithing xp. so unless you value your time at <2.6m/hr, xp voyages are more valuable in terms of time. Not to mention it's much easier to 100% xp voyages, and 2 of each statue is a bigger overall increase then 4 in one.

By the same logic that endgame=maxed, endgame=all item goals achieved, so TGs and xp would be equally useless. When we're discussing endgame, it's in relation to ports, as in all stories/scrolls/armor completed.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

tlcAvPR.jpg

Yesssss. Now just to make full Sea Singers. (Top + Bottom scrolls obtained, along with 122 already obtained Chi. Have yet to do the Chi trio voyage).

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'd agree with Quyneax.

25k rc/slayer/fish xp is ~15 minutes, 6 plates is 650k based on the tetsu plate prices posted on the last page+a negligible amount of smithing xp. so unless you value your time at <2.6m/hr, xp voyages are more valuable in terms of time. Not to mention it's much easier to 100% xp voyages, and 2 of each statue is a bigger overall increase then 4 in one.

By the same logic that endgame=maxed, endgame=all item goals achieved, so TGs and xp would be equally useless. When we're discussing endgame, it's in relation to ports, as in all stories/scrolls/armor completed.

Yes I know what endgame means, my point was no matter what your goals are inside or outside of ports xp statues are not going to the be final thing you leave there for ever; they have a finite usage so the endgame of ports is the only indefinitely useful setup: 4 jade statues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I thought it was impossible to get 2 voyages for the same trade good simultaneously.

qwsh.png

Probably means you can't get 2 voyages of the same amount of the same trade good, but it does complicate the math slightly.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

You just can't get the same voyage twice, such as two copies of "To The Rescue" for 5 plate each, but you could get To The Rescue and The White Snake Lady for 5 and 3 plate respectively.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You just can't get the same voyage twice, such as two copies of "To The Rescue" for 5 plate each, but you could get To The Rescue and The White Snake Lady for 5 and 3 plate respectively.

This is correct. You can have more than trade good voyage but they will all be different amounts. Also for those interested I've finished collecting data on holding on to 5 bone and 30 spice standard voyages to see if it shifts they chance of rolling over to plate/chi/lac and it most definitely does. The only issue I've run into is that Lacquer and Plate are both triple stat 10 k's so I've fired a tiger and a harem for 2 more oxheads. That way I can get to 80% on both Lacquer and Plate as well as 88% on any chi voyages (with no random 10% boosts).

Maths

You have a 9.35% chance at rolling any trade good voyage. ~0.1% of that will roll you a sub 5 chi/lacquer/plate/bones or a sub 30 spice voyage. the other 9.25% will get you 5 plate/chi/lacquer.

This means that on average you will roll 1.3875 chi/plate/lacquer per day on standard voyages alone worth ~8.325 of those respective goods with perfectly distributed frequency over the long haul. Between the 3 (using my 6 oxhead set up) your success rate will average ~82.67% meaning you'll net an average of 6.882 trade goods per day. At the price floor of 65 k per trade good you'll be making 447330 gp per day off of standard voyages alone. I'm not going to be doing and collecting data on special voyages.

Assuming you can get all your ships out in 5 minutes flat (not difficult) your cut off would be if you can make more than 5.35 mil per hour it is not worth it to do ports. I personally timed myself at getting all my ships out in about 2.5 minutes which makes it 10.7 mil per hour.

Many thanks to weathermatt for helping me out with gathering data for this.

• Like 2

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I got to pincers last night. I got the missionary's 25 steel voyage. Is fortune of the seas stackable? I only have two at the moment. If it is, should i save three for the 50-50 final voyage? Or should I just use one now if it isn't?

Two convict. I don't know how you intend to place four icons, but you should probably report that bug :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd probably go with 3 Convicts, because the assassin only generates Lacquer if convict is also in the port with her, which is less likely to happen than convict on his own.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ok, opinion question for everyone. I lost membership for quite a while and just got it back until the end of October. Should I save up to unlock the 4th ship slot or should I just save up smaller amounts and give myself as many other upgrades around the port that I can? I'm not sure what I should do. If need be I can provide more information on my port, current resources, current upgrades, etc.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

extra ships always take precedence over any other upgrades, especially crew and ship parts, because the benefit of the extra ship will continue throughout your port career, while the crew and ship part will eventually become redundant as you reach your next zone, where the upgrade is simply better.

An exception to this rule is the Seafaring hull from Bowl, since there are no SF hulls in Pincers (meaning after getting the 4th ship, this hull should be obtained first).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

41j3ZW8.png
anyone else see the face or am I just crazy?

• Like 2

DM0Yq2c.png