11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Can anyone give me a rundown on what has been leaked about POP V2.0? Sources if possible.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Can anyone give me a rundown on what has been leaked about POP V2.0? Sources if possible.

Nothing other than potential crew images and the fact that previous area resources will be to some degree useful. Check runescape.wikia and search "leaks" to see the image. Also its bee about a week since that image was posted and I'm not sure if its been sourced yet so its not actually a legit leak I think.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did you check whether you had the same amount of crew members before and after hiring? If the crew number did increase, it may very well have just been hidden amongst your roster (sometimes, depending on where your crew was before the dismissal, your hired crew would not go into the last spot).

Also be careful with crews with similar portrait images (Tiger rider and Chimera share the exact same image, the Bowl crews look rather similar to each other, and they themselves look similar to dwarven engineer).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Lvl 90 Divination adventurer would be interesting, to say the least.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Interesting, sure, but they have already said in the BTS video that the skill cape would be on a stand because no NPC had mastered it. If they then gave us a 90 divination adventure I think it would be kind of odd, at least in the couple of months following the release of the skill. I'm not against it, per say, I just don't think it fits, lore wise.

Interesting, sure, but they have already said in the BTS video that the skill cape would be on a stand because no NPC had mastered it. If they then gave us a 90 divination adventure I think it would be kind of odd, at least in the couple of months following the release of the skill. I'm not against it, per say, I just don't think it fits, lore wise.

So in other words, what you're saying is that it makes perfect sense to Jagex to make a lvl 90 Divination adventurer.

• Like 3

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

So in other words, what you're saying is that it makes perfect sense to Jagex to make a lvl 90 Divination adventurer.

Darn, my own logic destroyed by the logical illogical of Jagex logic. I bow to your superior understanding of jagex's logical illogical. I toff my hat to you, good sir.

Besides, who said divination had to be an 'adventurer'

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Also the port adventurer level requirements are not anything to do with the adventurers skill all dialogues in the bar outright say that they came because they recognise your skill in the field.

A divination adventurer could easily be a utter noob chasing down new frontiers who came to us recognising our skills in divination.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also the port adventurer level requirements are not anything to do with the adventurers skill all dialogues in the bar outright say that they came because they recognise your skill in the field.

A divination adventurer could easily be a utter noob chasing down new frontiers who came to us recognising our skills in divination.

But... this logic bother me. The whaler is obviously an awesome fisherman, he catches whales. And the assassin is good at theiving/sneaking stuff... and the mage women is so magically awesome she's immortal... and the missionary is so devoted to sara... Nevermind, like said, logic is punted out of play, it's too late to try to bring it back anyway. It's Jagex.

Though why I'd want to send random Joe into the eastern lands simply because they admire my Divination and have no skills of their own boggles my mind.

I've always thought the person that needs to get on the boat to the eastern lands was me anyway. If 99 Div will let me go, it will be my fastest 99 ever.

True all the current adventurers are good at what they do, but nothing says they HAVE to be good at it since the reason they come to our ports is respect for our talents and heck little of what we do have even suggests they are that talented in the specific skill given for the most part.

Also do we even know they are all that good at the skills at large?

The Whaler is an awesome whaler but what about all the other forms of fishing? Have we ever been shown anything that says he's got any skill at all in that?

The Missionary is sent to spread the faith, but are we ever truly shown its because of his devotion? If anything it seems like they simply wanted the battle mad lunatic out of the way. Plus is prayer level even necessary to be devout?

The Assassin is good at being an assassin, but since when does slayer teach us that skill?

The Biologist is off to make a name for herself with research but little of what she does seems to have any bearing on the potion mixing talents of herblore.

The Occultist has magical prowess but have we ever seen or heard anything of her actually crafting runes?

The only one where we have been given a direct correlation of the skill as a whole is the Convict and even then he's been caught and convicted and is running away to start again, so is he really that good?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After swindling tons of people, including an incident in which he disguised himself as a horse, the Convict still wasn't caught. He's merely on the run to avoid a complication in which some woman he dumped took her own life, and her father happens to be an extraordinarily influential figure. For a "regular" adventurer, thieving skills couldn't get you out of that kind of pick.

The Biologist travelled to Hanto to get all kinds of ingredients for making explosives. Once her work is done, she declares Hyu-Ji as "the most flammable laboratory in the world". That's nothing short of a feat of herblore (before you say that herblore isn't about making explosives, super fishing explosives).

You could argue that the slayer skill is about being able to identify and exploit weaknesses in a creature's defences, as without a sufficiently high level you are unable to hurt certain monsters at all. By honing your craft, you become able to identify patterns and spot potential points to strike, while an untrained warrior wouldn't have a clue. In a sense the slayer skill is akin to the Assassin's craft.

Runecrafting also is not strictly related to the crafting of runes, though that forms the bulk of the skill. It also extends to infusing items with power obtained from a power source, such as staves in Daemonheim, the chaos wand in What Lies Below, the cosmic machine in Elemental Workshop IV, or using the rune glue to complete the device in The Prisoner of Glouphrie. We know that the Occultist used to practice her art by drawing occult power from sacrificed creatures, which would act as a power source in a similar manner to the rune altars.

The Missionary. Beats me.

What does the Whaler know about other forms of fishing? Well, when was the last time anyone mined a rock before getting 99 Mining from warbands?

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I could easily imagine that the Eastern Lands also noticed Guthix' death and have started practicing their own variety of Divination, and you could attract someone like that.

The PoP adventurers are more like levels 80-90 in the relevant skills, I think - good, but not masters. Though the Occultist must have crazy quest points to be able to get immortal :o.

Edit: Also what Gwyn said.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Note : Everything that I type below is potentially subject to change if/when they update ports.

Aiel mentioned a few pages back some ponderings about whether or not it would be worth saving a 5 bone and also a 30 spice standard voyage and only rerolling the remaining third voyage to force more plate/lacquer/chi voyages to surface. I'm about 200 data points in so far and it seems to be the case that you can shift the entire 9.35% chance at a trade good standard voyage into plate/chi/lacquer by saving the 5 bones/30 spice voyages.

Given that 5 plate and 5 lacquer are both triple stat 10 k voyages the problem I've run into is that I am either forced to wait 13 hours to send out the voyage (this has cost me 5 voyages in total over the course of the last few weeks due to not getting to reroll them all for the day) or send out the third one at less than 65%. What I'm wondering is if it may actually be worth recruitting 2 more oxheads in place of a tiger rider and a harem? That way you can get to 80% on both of those voyages as well as getting to ~88% on the 5 chi voyages and still have enough crew for your special voyages.

At 9.35% chance at a voyage per day averaging 83% chance at success (two at 80 and one at 88%) this brings the average daily profit from ports to ~500 k per day not including any special voyages that you send out. This is vs. the average that I calced of 350 k per day sending out your 5 bone and 30 spice voyages.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

@Tieszen: I find you can get ~84% and ~75% sending two 10k missions. That's with 4 oxheads. I don't think two more oxheads would be worth it (just for this), but one more could be.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So, over the past few weeks, has anyone noticed that you can now get captain and voyage rerolls?

Aside from the first few weeks when I played between now, I had only gotten ONE captain and one voyage reroll.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Lucky, over half my ports events rewards so far have been captain rerolls, that I don't even use because I'm happy with my captains the way they are.

It would be nice if a higher percentage would be stat boosters, they would be used more often.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Stat boosters are only gotten from random events

So are the voyage/captains rerolls...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Stat boosters are only gotten from random events

So are the voyage/captains rerolls...

I'd assume he was responding to Vork who's post implied he expected to find stat boosters in voyages akin to trade good missions he mentioned in the same context.

Plv6Dz6.jpg