11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

It shouldn't be made into power armor. There needs to be high lvl tank armor and power armor..

Nex is T80 power armor..

There is literally no place in the game where nex "power" armor isn't sufficient in defense to matter in comparison to ports "tank" armor. Battosai is right. Unless they make it so amazing in a new way like passive damage reduction it's not going to be useful and that would require an overhaul of all tank gear, which is far less likely than getting an option to make ports power armor in the next update so I'm hoping for that.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Would be nice to see some defensive weapons based on parrying affects... Maybe something to the effect of broadswords that operate as 2hers, but a chance to parry an attack (I know 2hers are pretty much the same).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It shouldn't be made into power armor. There needs to be high lvl tank armor and power armor..

Nex is T80 power armor..

There is literally no place in the game where nex "power" armor isn't sufficient in defense to matter in comparison to ports "tank" armor. Battosai is right. Unless they make it so amazing in a new way like passive damage reduction it's not going to be useful and that would require an overhaul of all tank gear, which is far less likely than getting an option to make ports power armor in the next update so I'm hoping for that.

Cannoning black demons lol

Wouldn't it be possible to make power armour so that for increasing tiers, the defence stays the same, or even diminishes, while the power boost increases. That would make power the obvious choice for slayer and lesser bosses, but the higher ones would be too hard. That way power and tank armour would be entirely different, and make the choices between them more important at higher levels.

TBH I'd be more in favor of them adding 1h weapons that can do more powerful abilities. There is really only one offensive ult with a 1h melee and it is just a damage bomb

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think we'll get something like t85 tank weapons, weapons with t80 damage and t90 accuracy - super useful!

I had no idea how much I wanted this until I read this post.

wand would make vorago even more dead

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I think we'll get something like t85 tank weapons, weapons with t80 damage and t90 accuracy - super useful!

I had no idea how much I wanted this until I read this post.

People rarely need to tank in Eoc. T80 wand damage is the same as T1 wand damage and T90 accuracy is not much better than T80 unless bossing. I think Q was being sarcastic. Your post reminds me of people being happy with their iPhone 4 until the iPhone 5 is out.

People rarely need to tank in Eoc. T80 wand damage is the same as T1 wand damage and T90 accuracy is not much better than T80 unless bossing. I think Q was being sarcastic. Your post reminds me of people being happy with their iPhone 4 until the iPhone 5 is out.

Considering that I'm probably never going to be able to afford a true T90 weapon, having a weaker item that's still high-tier (to a point) and comes from skills rather than bossing sounds very appealing.

Considering that I'm probably never going to be able to afford a true T90 weapon, having a weaker item that's still high-tier (to a point) and comes from skills rather than bossing sounds very appealing.

Well if they don't come with the ports update you can rest assured that ahrims is just as good for non bossing reasons unless you're attacking something weak to melee.

TBH I'd be more in favor of them adding 1h weapons that can do more powerful abilities. There is really only one offensive ult with a 1h melee and it is just a damage bomb

Yes.

I've been wanting to buy an ely/divine for a while now just to give some free LP with the shield abilities at GWD bosses. However, unlike 'back in the day', one hand weapons absolutely suck. Part of that is lack of any good abilities.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Mainhand+Shield should never come close to 2h or Dual-wield dps, which is a pity imo, but balanced. The idea of a shield is to survive for longer/allow others to focus on dpsing.

Though... you can use Reflect and Revenge to increase your dps, aswell as Berserk. Shields are not that bad, it's just best to not use them, stuff doesn't deal enough damage. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yes.

I've been wanting to buy an ely/divine for a while now just to give some free LP with the shield abilities at GWD bosses. However, unlike 'back in the day', one hand weapons absolutely suck. Part of that is lack of any good abilities.

To be fair, if you're using a single one handed weapon, you probably have a shield in your offhand for which there are many powerful abilities. Unfortunately, while Jagex added tank abilities, we are still lacking tank gear and situations where tanking (tank armor and shield using defensive abilities) actually helps.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

?? NEX ??

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Having defensive combat limited to one or two bosses is ridiculous.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Having defensive combat limited to one or two bosses is ridiculous.

Yep and I agree! I still feel we should have bulkier defensive and offensive attributes. Actually it would probably be better worded as a larger gap between the two.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe not replace the tank pop armor outright, but perhaps give an option to be able to convert such pop armor into power armor.

~Tim "Speaking of power armor, anyone seen my T-51B...?" ChenW2

I think the legendary deathclaw ate it.

• Like 3

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I suppose it might be relevant to mention this here, considering the discussion about power/tank armour and one-handed weapons: a little spreadsheet here that allows you to figure out a balance for a 2h > shield > dw > 2h triangle system.

And yes, I was being sarcastic about t85 'tank' weapons, referring to the great success of chaotic longswords. Sure, cls had some pvp uses and some record-attempting Bandos soloes, but maul was universally higher dps and ever since Torva you could just ss flash Graar with maul, making cls worse for staying power/convenience as well.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We need dual weild shields.

That way we could have 80% damage reduction from the front, and 200% damage taken from the back.

That way, kalphite king and nex can really have their fun on our rears!

even though i have cls and maul, i'll still always prefer cls. i have an offhand rapier but im planning on getting offhand cls, b/c it looks freaking badass :P

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I've tried to do the trio lacquer mission, but with a merchant I can't get higher than 60% or so.

Should I forgo the merchant and just use a FOTS?

Use the 10% boosts to up your chances (i used 3 of all 3). Never let your merchant off that voyage.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

You're 87 Slayer, go kill Rorarii for keystones for a few days and you'll have enough money for a Drygore weapon.

After all these months I FINALLY got a 10k captain that beats my pre-existing captains in terms of preset traits and even he is a seafarer with a tactician trait.

They reallllllllllly need to give us a means to remove traits from captains -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue