20-Aug-2013 - Divination

Saradomin_Mage

I'm already beyond sick of this skill. It was fun at first, since it was new and yay levels. But now that the novelty has worn off, I just want to shoot myself. Going to try to push myself to get the highest level I possibly can before pendants and Avatars and such is unlocked.

This is basically Runespan + Jadinko FM lair. Really poor excuse for a skill.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I hated the skill at first, but it has become quite relaxing, and dare say I, fun. Might be because I'm not being hectic about it now and just going at it casually.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Well I dont know why we are complaining about a skill when it's mechanics are not the worst out of all the skills and Jagex have already stated that it is not a fully-updated/implemented skill yet. Divination looks basic because that's how it was intended on release, so that Jagex can see how players react to it and then go from there for future updates.

Plus the fact that it's attached skill hasn't been released yet.

[bleep]ing about a skill isn't going to change it, and even if it did, this is the wrong place to do it.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Well I dont know why we are complaining about a skill when it's mechanics are not the worst out of all the skills and Jagex have already stated that it is not a fully-updated/implemented skill yet. Divination looks basic because that's how it was intended on release, so that Jagex can see how players react to it and then go from there for future updates.

Plus the fact that it's attached skill hasn't been released yet.

[bleep]ing about a skill isn't going to change it, and even if it did, this is the wrong place to do it.

Burn.gif

I'm hoping that skill 2 sends us back to each node not just for energy, but memories too.

Something like:

- Enhanced pickaxe VII

Effect: 15% increase in mining speed with adamantite and below.

200 energy

20 memories

5 Adamantite ore

- Enhanced pickaxe VII

Effect: 20% increase in mining speed with adamantite and below.

225 energy

20 enriched memories

5 Adamantite ore

These examples based off of the discussion of "level my item" and the concept of summoning pouch creation.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Requiring memories to level up the other skill? That's an interesting concept but I think a lot of people would be displeased by the fact that the other skill would end up being even slower than Div itself, which is not the case with the production skills we have

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I'm hoping that skill 2 sends us back to each node not just for energy, but memories too.

-snip-

These examples based off of the discussion of "level my item" and the concept of summoning pouch creation.

Enchantment!

It'd be quite cool if there were enchantments that could also be upgraded, and in keeping with the level-my-items theme, one of the higher-end (for the tier) enchantments permanently upgrades that item, kind of like the permanent experience boost Divination has. Temporary enchantments could be tradeable, kind of like how ports works.

I'm not sure how to balance such a thing, but that's why I'm not in game design.

I don't think something as big as a weapon/armor enchantment should be allowed to be tradeable, even if its only termporary.

Also it would require a lot of tweaks with the combat in order for these enchantments to not be way too OP, or way too bad.

It could go all around the place too, like add magic attack to melee/ranged weapons, change the weapons 'style' (Like, using a crossbow would count for arrow)

It could go to a bunch of places, and don't get me started on how it could change armor

And considering how much of an issue we had when EoC first came out, I think this would be disastrous

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I hated the skill at first, but it has become quite relaxing, and dare say I, fun. Might be because I'm not being hectic about it now and just going at it casually.

I didnt hate it at first I was a bit annoyed. But I like you am somewhat enjoying it. Can relax, browse forums, watch a movie chat in FC gain some ok exp. The added bonus of the hunter exp is great as well :)

• Like 1
peever142.png

Have they confirmed when we will be allowed to use bonus xp things on it?

1 Month after release. They have mentioned that multiple times and are sticking to it.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The production skill is going to be slower than the gathering skill. Remember that the skills you see now weren't what they were in the beginning.

On that note I think if skill 2 followed my scheme it would be much like divination where charges are used up. I would imagine each having 20-50 charges each would be suitable for use and also initial training. Maye even offering a chunk of skill 2 xp for fully using it much like completing laps in agility.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• XP Lamps and other XP-boosting things will be allowed to be used on DIvination two weeks after release.

That statement has been corrected afterwards!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Really? Source would be nice. If it's going to be a month, then I'd like to actually hit 99 before then (but not before they fix the level up music).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• XP Lamps and other XP-boosting things will be allowed to be used on DIvination two weeks after release.

That statement has been corrected afterwards!

"You will not be able to gain bonus or lamp XP in the Divination skill until several weeks have passed since its release. When this changes, we'll let you know via the news."

Yeah, but that was most likely as a buffer to help prevent people in the community from getting into the horder mentality for bxp items.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Really? Source would be nice. If it's going to be a month, then I'd like to actually hit 99 before then (but not before they fix the level up music).

'Two weeks' has been mentioned a couple of times, but I don't think that's a final decision. I'd expect more like a month.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ktc10/we_are_the_runescape_developers_for_the_new_skill/cbsexmx

Account Help

'Two weeks' has been mentioned a couple of times, but I don't think that's a final decision. I'd expect more like a month.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ktc10/we_are_the_runescape_developers_for_the_new_skill/cbsexmx

"A month" isn't the final decision either.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

has anyone else noticed thew sounds in Runescape in general going out of sync? combat being the big one. I'll initiate a fight etc, then about a minute later, all the sound effects from weapons hit at once. I dunno if it's 'scape's engine derping or an internet thing. Happens with distance voices too.

Popoto.~<3

has anyone else noticed thew sounds in Runescape in general going out of sync? combat being the big one. I'll initiate a fight etc, then about a minute later, all the sound effects from weapons hit at once. I dunno if it's 'scape's engine derping or an internet thing. Happens with distance voices too.

id been getting that for a while, deleted everything runescape stored on my computer, started again and now it's fine

baileydafrog.png

Is there divination word where ppl train div and wisps stay longer?

It doesn't matter. They last the same amount of time whether there are 1 or 100 people on each wisp. Population only matters for enriched springs, and having more than 4 people doesn't make a difference.

Is there divination word where ppl train div and wisps stay longer?

It doesn't matter. They last the same amount of time whether there are 1 or 100 people on each wisp. Population only matters for enriched springs, and having more than 4 people doesn't make a difference.

It's not what you asked, but population does matter for chronicle fragment spawns.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png