Moderation Reorganization & Three Promotions

Today I am pleased to announce some changes to the structure of our moderation team here at tip.it, changes intended to more clearly define roles and expectations, as well as working to increase the speed at which the moderation team can respond to particular issues.

Perhaps the largest change for us, publicly and internally, is the addition of a Moderator Leader. The Moderator Leader will take on a more active leadership role within the team, as well as participating in some of the administration duties, and acting as a sort of relief supervisor when the administration is not available. Supporting this change are the Senior Moderators, the former Super Moderators who are also now being officially tasked with a leadership role within the team, including assisting the Moderator Leader and Administration with running any public projects the moderation team takes on. This also includes responsibilities for training new moderators.

The Board and Global moderator positions are being merged into the Moderator position. We train our moderators to be able to function in any part of our forums, and having moderators with more limited areas of power was serving only to create delays. The Board Moderator type role, limited areas of power, is being retained for use in the training of new moderators, as a transition between a trainee and full moderator until people become comfortable with the moderator role.

As part of this reorganization, I also have three promotions to announce.

First and Second, it gives me great pleasure to promote both @Stev and to the position of Moderator. They have been doing a fantastic job as Board Moderators, and I'm sure will continue to do excellent work now that they can moderate anywhere.

Third, I am pleased to announce that @Kimberly will be our first ever Moderator Leader, and has been of great assistance working out what kind of changes the moderation team needs.

Congratulations to Stev, Jeremy, and Kim on their new positions, and a big thankyou to the entire moderation team for all their great work.

• Like 6

Congratulations everyone!

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Congratulations to everyone on their promotions, all well deserved. Hopefully this change will help everyone on the moderator team to deal with any issues that may arise. :)

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Hmm... <*reads*> ...Okay... We'll see what happens, I guess... :huh:

~D. V. "I'll sit back in the shadows and watch..." Devnull

[Ultra-late edit by author due to falling afoul of a rare bug in the forum software...]

Edited by D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Congratulations everyone, it's well deserved. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Huzzah.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

i'm glad to see they found someone to fill my shoes

as my final act tho i replaced my shoes w/crocs so you're gonna look pretty unstylish kimberly. bad luck

You're just jelly I get to wear crocs and shout BANGARAAAAAANG every time I lock a topic.

Thanks guys and congrats to Jer and Stev :wub:

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Congrats Kim, you were always awesome :thumbup:

• Like 1

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

(and some new team icons which don't refer to the naming under the old system will be needed)

The original team icons are conveniently on my hard drive that I won't have access to until September 14th (fail). But I'll get those sorted as soon as I can. :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

We're all noobs. Kim's just the head noob now. :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

"WERE"? She still is! :angry:

Congrats!

Kimberly you're still a noob.

We're all noobs. Kim's just the head noob now. :P

This made me LOL. :XD:

~D. V. "Just my 2¢..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

"WERE"? She still is! angry.gif

She used to be cooler

• Like 1

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

What's cooler than being cool? Ice Cold!

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)