Daemonheim Task Set- 10/9/13

Ambler

Didn't work with buying the bouldabass or using one as a drop. And yes, I ate it during a boss fight.

Portent of restoration IX also didn't work the first time. (didn't heal me)

i hate to eat three mushroom boudabass potatoes for mine to work and i got the pop up thing for my resotration but it didnt heal me

i have ring reset, door portent (cant for the life of me find a door i cant do), and the 100% on the sagas (what i will be doing tonight).

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Didn't work with buying the bouldabass or using one as a drop. And yes, I ate it during a boss fight.

Portent of restoration IX also didn't work the first time. (didn't heal me)

Did you make a boulda potato or did you make it with Mushroom and Potato tthat youve grown (need to make the correct mushroom). You CAN buy the relevant seed from the trader.

If that doesnt work, another toplel/10

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Yeah. That's what happened to me too.

Also.. 12 warps and no Gulega yet. Gahhhhhh!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Whatever the deal is with the Sinkholes, I managed to finish it (deposited 20 only at the same time, more after). Others have still reported not being able to complete them. Had to hop off the theme world due to the timer stalling and noone being thrown into sinkholes (shock horror hey). Guess it now comes down to willing myself to finish the last 4 GOD DAMN "REPEATABLE CONTENT" ITEMS ARGHHHHHH

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Fun Fact: It seems like the dung tasks don't give coins right away, but if you then complete another task from a different set it will give you all the coins you should have gotten. At least, I think that's what happened when I transmuted something, finished a divination task, and got 40k+ coins at once.

Flyingjj.png

i noticed the same thing, i have yet to get coins for the dg tasks, however my first thought was this was due to the different versions of coins in dungeons versus in the over world. maybe there is something preventing them from giving us real coins when in a dungeon, so that people cannot duplicate it or something (im thinking a bandaid from when the two sets of coins were the same). however i am not sure if this is the case. i am also very glad i have yet to do those div tasks. just the sagas left for me, i am hoping they make it so i dont have to do them again but i do not expect it.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

For the 20 items sinkhole task I deposited exactly 20 totems at the same time (both combat & exploration totems). Non-totem items didn't work for me when I tried earlier. It doesn't matter where you deposit them.

I'm not sure if it works when you deposit them separately or if you deposit more than 20 totems at the same time. The task name hints at totems. Most people probably already finished that task, but I know some people are still strugling with it so I hope this helps.

E: you get the task completed message when you deposit the totems, not at the end. You CAN get both tasks done in one game.

Frost dragon is annoying me now.

Slogging through c6 med solo frozen floors is a pita, they need to rig it to force one to turn up because they have purposefully avoided luck based occurrences in other task sets, especially ones with a degree of rarity (eg stryke tasks let you kill without slayer assign, portent of passage even seems to work on any door too cause mine got used on a crit path door so musta been 99 or less req and it was in a skill I have maxed)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Slogging through c6 med solo frozen floors is a pita, they need to rig it to force one to turn up because they have purposefully avoided luck based occurrences in other task sets, especially ones with a degree of rarity (eg stryke tasks let you kill without slayer assign, portent of passage even seems to work on any door too cause mine got used on a crit path door so musta been 99 or less req and it was in a skill I have maxed)

Passage only works on skill doors you can't do. Had a portent, carried it through 6 doors in a dungeon without it triggering at all.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

For anyone wanting to claim the auras but not the xp lamps for now, it isn't possible. Destroy option on the lamps just destroys rather than being held by an npc

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Passage only works on skill doors you can't do. Had a portent, carried it through 6 doors in a dungeon without it triggering at all.

Well I dunno what to say as far as I was aware crit path doors could not exceed 99, the door mine activated on was a crafting door and the room behind it had the key that opened the boss door.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well I dunno what to say as far as I was aware crit path doors could not exceed 99, the door mine activated on was a crafting door and the room behind it had the key that opened the boss door.

Could have been a strength door and your stats could have been reduced. The portent definitely doesn't just randomly trigger on any door.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Sagas aren't that bad the fourth time.

Good thing I now know it's "repeatable content", right!?

For the portent stuff, took 3 hours of DGing on 117 or 77 or whatever the themeworld to find a skill door to boost. Racking up tokens not too bad though I suppose.

Could have been a strength door and your stats could have been reduced. The portent definitely doesn't just randomly trigger on any door.

It was a crafting door, broken pulley 100% certain.

I remember cause at the time I thought it was odd and was just like guess Jagex rigged it so it does that for task completion.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I encountered a 105 mining door. Made a portent and failed the door (rocks falling) yet the portent got used and protected me from the rocks. Since it disappears after one use, i had to made another one to get past the door.

Deaddutch.png

I'll be damned. I actually got a frost dragon my first try attempting it. Had to make an altar because the floor didn't have one, but that just let me do one or two other tasks at the same time.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Sagas aren't that bad the fourth time. Good thing I now know it's "repeatable content", right!?

For that reason, I'm saving that task for after I get 86 divination. I'm not in any hurry to receive the aura and it doesn't hurt me to wait. I'd be surprised if they don't change it to, "Speak with Skaldrun after completing all Sagas" or some other BS.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Sagas aren't that bad the fourth time. Good thing I now know it's "repeatable content", right!?

For that reason, I'm saving that task for after I get 86 divination. I'm not in any hurry to receive the aura and it doesn't hurt me to wait. I'd be surprised if they don't change it to, "Speak with Skaldrun after completing all Sagas" or some other BS.

The saving grace of the saga thing is the two that were a pita (vengeance and nadir) are much easier to 100% since eoc.

Vengeance because the poison doesn't kill you as quickly and vs food/the noble healing effect is really nothing. Plus the guys you fight (other than hellhounds you can ignore) aren't really that troublesome.

Nadir is easier because the final stage magic bar thing is much more straight forward, now it's adrenaline and you just attack and have to stay above 0%. Since you can use basic melee abilities during the fighting AND have portals to drain you barely drop below 100%.

Also you only strictly need 76 divination. At that level a tier 3 gatherer's potion will get you to 86 to make the necessary portents and that potion or 1 lower will get you the level to harvest brilliant wisps.

As of middle of today I am on exactly 1 task remaining - the maxed ring which I intend to do as/when I train dg.

What I'm wondering is does anyone have any thoughts yet on what the best potion bind is and/or the best 2ndary ring track to have active.

I'm thinking dragonfire for lower levels (since gd drags can be a pita) but more so the best combat pot you can for your chosen class to aid in the boss in particular. Though arguable an organised long term team could organised 1 bind of each of the skill pots for doors.

For 2ndary ring track I'm guessing the basic desperado/berserker pairing would make sense or have gatherer 2ndary track leaving the others on quickswap for the slight benefit of reduced skill dmg.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What I'm wondering is does anyone have any thoughts yet on what the best potion bind is and/or the best 2ndary ring track to have active.

I'm thinking dragonfire for lower levels (since gd drags can be a pita) but more so the best combat pot you can for your chosen class to aid in the boss in particular. Though arguable an organised long term team could organised 1 bind of each of the skill pots for doors.

For 2ndary ring track I'm guessing the basic desperado/berserker pairing would make sense or have gatherer 2ndary track leaving the others on quickswap for the slight benefit of reduced skill dmg.

I think one of the main skill boosting potions, to use in puzzle rooms. Ideally your team has one of each (art, gath, surv, nat) though I'm sure some are more common than others. Combat boost potions aren't great because of overloads, antifire/poison isn't useful because you rarely take any damage from them, and prayer potions are less useful too because they don't restore enough, I think.
  • Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Naturalist isn't a very common one in my memory.. Keep in mind for the actual doors we do have the portent of passage things we can use too...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014