Daemonheim Task Set- 10/9/13

Ambler

Sagas aren't that bad the fourth time. Good thing I now know it's "repeatable content", right!?

For that reason, I'm saving that task for after I get 86 divination. I'm not in any hurry to receive the aura and it doesn't hurt me to wait. I'd be surprised if they don't change it to, "Speak with Skaldrun after completing all Sagas" or some other BS.

I will end you.

Anyways, boosted the Div task. Longest part of the challenges was finding a door to portant through (got lucky with Frost Dragon though). In summary:-

Loldg.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

These hard mode floors. I'm going to be so fabulous with all these blood necklace binds.

Got 2 just from 1-11 floors. Like 10+ Edimuu and saw 4 Soulgazers without 99 slayer on the off path rooms.

Shame the dungeoneering exp isn't boosted.

Wait, what?

As in hard mode is 1:1 with a normal floor. Which offers no real purpose for playing at it.

Unless you want to do it purely for combat exp and/or drops in which case it's actually very good for both.

Wait, what?

As in hard mode is 1:1 with a normal floor. Which offers no real purpose for playing at it.

Unless you want to do it purely for combat exp and/or drops in which case it's actually very good for both.

WHAT

Well, maybe the increased difficulty is already factored into the base floor XP scores. Maybe.

On the plus side, at least hard mode offers the title, which is pretty much the only useful thing I'll be getting out of it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The amount of people surprised that the xp doesn't increase for hard mode amazes me. Hard mode is for players seeking a higher challenge than just speed floors. The xp you get after 60 prestige is already loaded and makes 200m fairly easy to obtain. The xp increase to the skill would be a degrading slap in the face.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The amount of people surprised that the xp doesn't increase for hard mode amazes me. Hard mode is for players seeking a higher challenge than just speed floors. The xp you get after 60 prestige is already loaded and makes 200m fairly easy to obtain. The xp increase to the skill would be a degrading slap in the face.

They could of atleast tried to make the xp rate comparable to normal mode. Now the hard mode will just turn into dead content.

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

They could of atleast tried to make the xp rate comparable to normal mode. Now the hard mode will just turn into dead content.

Only if you care about xp. The design concept clearly favors the more challenging aspects in a novelty setting rather than a traditional setting.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Only if you care about xp. The design concept clearly favors the more challenging aspects in a novelty setting rather than a traditional setting.

But the community cares about xp. And that's who, you know, the content was designed for. We have enough dead content, and it's hard enough to find a decent 5:5 team without requiring they've all completed the elite tasks AND don't care about xp/hr.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

In any other genre, you'd be right, but MMOs are more about the rewards than the challenges and Runescape's challenge gamers do things a bit differently.

Not saying the move doesn't make sense, just that it doesn't make sense for this game.

But the community cares about xp. And that's who, you know, the content was designed for. We have enough dead content, and it's hard enough to find a decent 5:5 team without requiring they've all completed the elite tasks AND don't care about xp/hr.

I have to agree I can understand not making hard mode better xp:hr on the basis that it is meant to be an extra challenge for fun, but in order to give it life as usable content it does NEED to have better xp:floor to compensate the added difficulty and thus added time to maintain the xp:hr normal dg offers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you magic me up 233k tokens I can tell you if the top 2 lamps exceed lvl 97 req.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

105 DG and you don't have a t10 ring? Tsk tsk. :P.

Question(s): How long does it take to do 1-60 on hard mode? Are there more resources like fishing spots and logs?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

You should be ashamed!

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

My rings are a mess.

I got like t8 Beserker t9 Desperado and t6 blazer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have t10 Blitzer (among others). #1 most useless ring.

Does the aura have cooldown, or is it more like the gaze auras where you can activate/deactivate at will?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Finally got a hexhunter drop on floor 22.

Somethings on how different floors are:

:All rooms tend to have monsters in them.

:Every room is considered a Guardian Door room even your entrance is blocked off until everything is dead. You can teleport out though. The boss room can't be teleported out of even after the boss is dead.

:Puzzle rooms are rare, might not even appear if they can't spawn monsters in them, high chance of floors without "any".

:Pretty sure off path rooms can still come up low but typically everything spawns high level even resources.

:Getting upwards of 9k combat exp per room. I've been getting around 30k Attack Exp from the floor mobs using guide mode and avoiding off path rooms with times around 6-12 minutes each but I'd imagine you could do much better. Been using dual celestial for bosses though so I have no idea on their exp.

I have t10 Blitzer (among others). #1 most useless ring.

Does the aura have cooldown, or is it more like the gaze auras where you can activate/deactivate at will?

The aura has no cooldown for the easy,med, and hard rewards. As long as its equipped you get the bonus.

For the elite one it has a cooldown 1hr + 4hr cooldown and all rewards are active while equipped (activated or not) except for the bonus prayer one. It makes you regain prayer whenever you bury a bone or use it on an altar. Everything else is active whenever the aura is equipped.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014