Daemonheim Task Set- 10/9/13

Ambler

1:1 larges would be very easy (unless hard mode) because you get soooo much food from drops... the one time I did solo a 5:5 large, the hardest part was the lack of gates, so there was a lot of running. That floor was definitely under an hour (and that's still bad, mind you, and before p2h/5th bind). With a second gatestone as rewarded by the task set, soloing larges would be perfectly easy.

That said, why would it have to be worthwhile to be possible? We can do 5:3 c4 dungeons, which has no use at all. Stupid things should not be limited. If you aren't able to do stupid things, it doesn't matter that you choose the smart thing to do.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I mean solo meds are only worthwhile if you are pretty fast at them, solo large are gonna be next to impossible to do fast enough to be worthwhile.

Why is most people's measure of 'worthwhile' dependent on how much XP an hour something nets you?

I'd love to solo a large floor every now and again, just for fun. Fun is a pretty important measure of how worthwhile something is to me.

I can't see any real reason why we don't have that option, unless there were concerns there would be too many people generating large dungeons and causing strain on some servers.

• Like 3

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

You know what would be a nice reward?

Being able to unlock the ability to do LARGE floors solo

Wait, no, you should be able to do that regardless!

I dunno I can see why they don't allow that.

I mean solo meds are only worthwhile if you are pretty fast at them, solo large are gonna be next to impossible to do fast enough to be worthwhile. I mean when you consider 20-40mins ball park (subject on how good ur team is and slightly ignoring uber times msot cant hit) is taken for a 5 man team to clear everything, you are talking 3-5 times that for someone to do it alone and a 60-200min floor...

Being worthwhile shouldn't be a marker, given how DG is hardly worthwhile as it is

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

yeah, in terms of ingame time the fastest way to train dg is to do 1 solo guidemode small per day. By that logic having larges/team dgs at all isn't worthwhile.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I finished the task set the other day. Now we have to wait for Monday (hopefully they don't push it to Tuesday).

Yesss, I can't wait for this moment and I should be 91 by then. I plan to completely blow through the experience to 93.

On another note dg can be made useful if they tied it to other areas of the game. The wonderful thing about fantasy MMOs is that most lore and objects therein can be dreamt up. They could easy have Marmaros use energy to create warped portents and signs for turning in energy that would augment things in dungeoneering or even outside. However you will it the lore is much like the concept of divination that you can bend it to your will. You just need to be witty and clever enough to create something interesting.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So apparently one of the lamps (the 60K one) requires level 98 for it to be used. More nonsense meant clearly to troll Divination people. They really are determined to drag this out as long as possible and make it as torturous as possible. No other diary has had such a ridiculous requirement for its rewards to be claimed. Completely ridiculous.

So.. assuming that you don't have lvl 98 in any skills, and you claim the lamp, you are stuck with it in your inventory until you get lvl 98 in something?

Bad design

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So.. assuming that you don't have lvl 98 in any skills, and you claim the lamp, you are stuck with it in your inventory until you get lvl 98 in something?

Bad design

Well, I am sure you could destroy it or something. You probably can't reclaim it if it is destroyed, but I am not sure on that.

Complete stab in the dark here and I'm probably talking gibberish, but do you think its possible they made it have a lvl 98 requirement because they intended it more for to be used on Dungeoneering than other skills? Its a retarded way of doing it, and such a insignificant amount of xp for dungeoneering, but I wouldnt put it past them to do something daft like that.

Complete stab in the dark here and I'm probably talking gibberish, but do you think its possible they made it have a lvl 98 requirement because they intended it more for to be used on Dungeoneering than other skills? Its a retarded way of doing it, and such a insignificant amount of xp for dungeoneering, but I wouldnt put it past them to do something daft like that.

Well, if they had wanted to do that, then they should have made it an exclusively Dungeoneering lamp. Also, this is not how Diaries typically work. Usually, it's supposed to be an experience reward of around 40K-50k (at the higher end) in a skill of your choice. And it usually has requirements of around the 80 mark.

Bad design

Well, I am sure you could destroy it or something. You probably can't reclaim it if it is destroyed, but I am not sure on that.

98 crafting is one of the diary's requirements, though it is possible to boost for it.

Bad design

98 crafting is one of the diary's requirements, though it is possible to boost for it.

Also given the need for one of the 34k+ tool items, rapid renewal and a full ring, plus 93(95?) for warped gulega I'd imagine most folks realistically are unlikely to get the lamp before 99 dg.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bad design

I don't think that's really the problem. It's fairly plausible to say that the vast majority of people who completed this diary will have at least (typically more) one skill that has 98 or more. The point is though that we would have liked to use it on a skill that we aren't already maxed in (i.e., Divination).

Also given the need for one of the 34k+ tool items, rapid renewal and a full ring, plus 93(95?) for warped gulega I'd imagine most folks realistically are unlikely to get the lamp before 99 dg.

Have I mentioned how bitter I am about this? Because I am quite bitter about it. :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I'm thinking that the 98+ req lamp is a gentle (albeit misled) nudge from jagex to use that lamp on DG. Most people wont have skills hanging out at lvl 98 and will therefor be forced to use it on DG seeing how it is the only skill that truly has a reason to gain XP past level 99 since it actually goes up to level 120. So if you dont care about gaining more xp in a skill after lvl 99 and don't happen to have a skill close to maxing you're essentially earning an xp lamp that grants 60k xp in DG.

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

This is the sort of stupid incentives that are brought up. I would like to do Hard mode, and some Dungeoneering with the neat new aura, but I can't do that because Jagex keeps giving incentives for me to hold off on claiming the rewards.

So Jagex is stupid for putting a kinda reasonable 98 req lamp in for a task set devoted to a skill that runs to 120 and requires at least 1 lvl 98 because of the choice YOU personally have made to limit your play style and await the turning on of bonuses for div?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is the sort of stupid incentives that are brought up. I would like to do Hard mode, and some Dungeoneering with the neat new aura, but I can't do that because Jagex keeps giving incentives for me to hold off on claiming the rewards.

So Jagex is stupid for putting a kinda reasonable 98 req lamp in for a task set devoted to a skill that runs to 120 and requires at least 1 lvl 98 because of the choice YOU personally have made to limit your play style and await the turning on of bonuses for div?

They're dumb for making the elite rewards for a task set about Daemonheim essentially only useful for gaining DG xp. Amplified by the fact that they could've just as easily made it a 99+ req lamp (or make it usable on DG only) and cement the point they're trying to make, but no, they make it 98+, helping a few people out and flipping the bird to everyone else. As if no one would see it and think, " Oh, I get it. I don't really get to choose where to drop this xp because only a few options make sense. Clever".

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

As has been already pointed out, the lamp rewards are supposed to be for a skill of your choice, not a particular skill of their choice. If they wanted for it to be used on Dungeoneering, then they should have made it an exclusively Dungeoneering lamp. Also, this is a Daemonheim task set, not a Dungeoneering task set. It has to do with a particular area and location, and there are other skills involved aside from Dungeoneering.

In any case, I will just bite the bullet and use it on something else (and use the level 90 lamps on Divination), so I can claim the rewards. Still stupid though, I shouldn't have to do this.

They're dumb for making the elite rewards for a task set about Daemonheim essentially only useful for gaining DG xp. Amplified by the fact that they could've just as easily made it a 99+ req lamp (or make it usable on DG only) and cement the point they're trying to make, but no, they make it 98+, helping a few people out and flipping the bird to everyone else. As if no one would see it and think, " Oh, I get it. I don't really get to choose where to drop this xp because only a few options make sense. Clever".

That is the stupidest argument against the lamp being 98+ req I've seen. There are 26 skills to level, are you saying that no one has any sitting at 98 that they may want to use a lamp on? Or what about the amount of players who are holding off claiming any of the rewards from the diary to boost div? No one is going to think to do the same for the 98 lamp in any skill they choose to wait for?

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

That is the stupidest argument against the lamp being 98+ req I've seen. There are 26 skills to level, are you saying that no one has any sitting at 98 that they may want to use a lamp on? Or what about the amount of players who are holding off claiming any of the rewards from the diary to boost div? No one is going to think to do the same for the 98 lamp in any skill they choose to wait for?

Assuming that a player doesn't:

1. Have any desire to gain xp in a skill beyond 99 (including but not necessarily excluding DG)

2. Don't have any skills at exactly or close to 98 (this will be a majority of people)

3. Even have at least 98 DG. Correct me if i'm wrong here but I believe the highest DG lvl necessary to complete all tasks is 95 for Gulega.

a 98+ req lamp makes no sense. It forces you to either use that xp lamp where you don't want to because it's the only place to use it or wait off on collecting your tier 4 DG task reward for when you have a decent place to use that reward, if not to be able to used it all.

95+ would be acceptable..

90+ is really what should be expected given task reward precedent.

Vintage_Phil.png

Important part bold.

He addressed those people with skill levels at 98. What is is also saying, it that Jagex is punishing the population who

A) Skill level is too low to use the lamp except on, and players who do not realize that Jagex wants you to use it on dungeoneering

B) Max players who can not use the lamp until they lift the ban on divination

He is also saying making the lamp level 98 was more of a tongue and cheek joke and that they should have made their intention know that if was a "use on dungeoneering" reward by making it 99 instead of teasing players with a 98 level lamp.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Yeah, but they've never locked an xp lamp to a particular skill for an Achievement Diary.. Granted, they've never had a level 98 requirement either..

• Like 2

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

If they wanted you to use the lamp on dungeoneering, wouldn't it have been easier to lock it to dungeoneering experience?

But what about all the people who go for 200m in a skill?!

Really, they are just trying to skate around it instead of being upfront with it, in an effort to avoid "pissing players off". As if we can't tell that you really are just being bullies at this point with holding out on using exp lamps on divination... <.<

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]