Behind the Scenes - November 2013

Nobody

IMO you should have to pay ~ 200m for one set of tier 90 weapons. I think 200m is a reasonable amount of money to make for someone with level 90 stats. After all, level 90 is only really still mid to borderline high levelled content. The problem lies in that level 90 is currently the best gear in the game. Which means that even though level 90 gear shouldn't really be that prestigious or difficult to obtain, the fact that it is the best we have means it is.

This is really a problem people don't seem to realize, too. If you have to pay max cash for some of this t90 stuff, what happens when t95 comes out? First of all, what kind of utter madness will you have to subject yourself to in order to obtain the item? I mean, Barrows looks like it has extremely high KO potential, and Vorago kills take 15-20 minutes each. Are we soon to have legitimate raid bosses, that actually take an hour or longer per kill?

Then, how much will it cost? Eventually, things will start being traded solely in terms of spirit shards because the values are so far over max cash that it's simply easier to just represent it all in spirit shards. 

If you have paid any attention to how things have always been, by the time new stuff comes out the price of those items has greatly depreciated.

see virtus wand. see torva. Need I continue? 

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

IMO you should have to pay ~ 200m for one set of tier 90 weapons. I think 200m is a reasonable amount of money to make for someone with level 90 stats. After all, level 90 is only really still mid to borderline high levelled content. The problem lies in that level 90 is currently the best gear in the game. Which means that even though level 90 gear shouldn't really be that prestigious or difficult to obtain, the fact that it is the best we have means it is.

This is really a problem people don't seem to realize, too. If you have to pay max cash for some of this t90 stuff, what happens when t95 comes out? First of all, what kind of utter madness will you have to subject yourself to in order to obtain the item? I mean, Barrows looks like it has extremely high KO potential, and Vorago kills take 15-20 minutes each. Are we soon to have legitimate raid bosses, that actually take an hour or longer per kill?

Then, how much will it cost? Eventually, things will start being traded solely in terms of spirit shards because the values are so far over max cash that it's simply easier to just represent it all in spirit shards. 

If you have paid any attention to how things have always been, by the time new stuff comes out the price of those items has greatly depreciated.

You just agreed with me.  You have no idea what the prices were, do you.

eh I was wrong about torva, haven't been following prices but

virtus wand: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Nov_19_2012,Nov_05_2013#i=Virtus_wand

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

virtus wand: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Nov_19_2012,Nov_05_2013#i=Virtus_wand

So that's the only exception, and not only has it been released recently but it has also decreased in price from what it was being traded for on release.  My point still stands, they have decreased in price.

So that's the only exception, and not only has it been released recently but it has also decreased in price from what it was being traded for on release.  My point still stands, they have decreased in price.

Zbow has held steady with it's post-release-spike cost, despite sharing a tier with a 1m weapon, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jan_09_2011,Nov_05_2013#i=Zaryte_bow

Drygores are holidng steady: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jan_13_2013,Nov_05_2013#i=Drygore_mace

Ascensions are holding steady: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jun_03_2013,Nov_05_2013#i=Ascension_crossbow

Armadyl battlestaff is consistent with it's post-release-spike price: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Sep_13_2011,Nov_05_2013#i=Armadyl_battlestaff

Armor largely suffered from being made worthless by EoC, and low tier weapons from being made obsolete when they lost their special attacks, so they suffered from large drops in price following EoC, but high tier weapons have been holding steady.

DM0Yq2c.png

Zbow has held steady with it's post-release-spike cost, despite sharing a tier with a 1m weapon, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jan_09_2011,Nov_05_2013#i=Zaryte_bow

Drygores are holidng steady: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jan_13_2013,Nov_05_2013#i=Drygore_mace

Ascensions are holding steady: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Jun_03_2013,Nov_05_2013#i=Ascension_crossbow

Armadyl battlestaff is consistent with it's post-release-spike price: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Sep_13_2011,Nov_05_2013#i=Armadyl_battlestaff

Armor largely suffered from being made worthless by EoC, and low tier weapons from being made obsolete when they lost their special attacks, so they suffered from large drops in price following EoC, but high tier weapons have been holding steady.

1. Zbow has been out for a long time, it is decreasing in price consistently now.

2. Drygores used to be 150m+ for the mainhands, but as people began to get better at KK, the prices dropped a lot.

3. Asc have been released recently and have peaked at their top price (unless there's another combat [bleep] up) and have fluctuated around the 250m mark for a while now, but they are gradually falling themselves.

4. Holds a high value because it's the best buyable 2h magic weapon. You can clearly see on the graph here the areas where magic was considered OP enough for it to be preferential nearly everywhere.

All these items hold such value because they are the best buyable ones in the class, but they are all dropping in value. This is as you would expect - as more of these items come into the game, as the bosses are consistently killed, their prices are naturally going to decline (bar some combat rework). You basically just agreed with Thus by posting the evidence to back him up.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

With equipment becoming the primary goal in rs, they essentially turned RS into Cookie Clicker.

You grind for upgrades simply in the name of getting more upgrades. As you get those upgrades, you become more efficient at getting future upgrades while the next upgrades (higher tiers of equipment) scale exponentially in price.

Thus, the only winning move is not to play. Get cheap-but-adequate gear to do lower-level but still-profitable tasks like QBD or Frost Dragons and call it a day. It will still provide what's needed for skills and you don't have to worry about having the best shit because you don't hunt bosses where that kind of stuff is necessary. Or alternatively, just spend 50 bucks on Bonds here and there when you need to and forgo PVM altogether. Granted, you would be missing out on a large part of the game, but meh.

4NIrZ.png

See I used to be like you guys, complaining about prices of items.  Then I took all the energy wasted in complaining and did something about it.  Now bring on the people saying I cheated or merched or staked or bought gp or whatever.  I did none of that.  Also bring on the people saying I'm lucky or whatever. 

Are prices insane? Yes.  But unlike real life you can do something about it.

And this kinda of response is where people are as dense as a brick wall and do not get the point:

The point is not we are 'whining' or could just be doing it or people 'cheating,' its not even whether or not we are or are not making the money.

The point is we SHOULDN'T have to spend hours doing something we don't enjoy, we SHOULD be able to earn equally regardless of what avenue of the game we enjoy the most.

If we all just accept the unbalanced status quo and make do and say nothing how do we expect it to get fixed?

Except that doesn't work for any game.  There will always have to be something in the way, whether or not you enjoy it, to get the best items in any game.  Also, you forget that the point of this game is to get people playing as long as possible.  Even without you getting the best items, and even though you are mad, you still are playing right?  If you had all the best items, there is less of a chance of you playing.  It's just how it works.

And it's funny how I didn't include in my original statement that I barely play and when I do it's not even a crazy amount, so everyone assumes I play runescape like it's a full time job.  Meanwhile if I log in, many of the people I see complaining will be on at that given moment.  Now how about that?

It took time yes, but I still got what I wanted.  No one has patience, it's all about instant gratification.

And the brick walls gets thicker.

Your argument only has any point if we are asking for instant gratification and things to be easy.

That is N O T what is being asked for.

We are quite happy that you have to work for top end gear, thats fine. Thats great. Thats how the game should be.

The point we are addressing in Runescape is a game where you pick how you play. Do you quest? Skill? Pvm? Pvp? etc.

However money making to afford top end things is entirely railroaded into pvm. The point is this is wrong, we should have money making options of equal merit across all the avenues of play. Be you a fisher, a smither, a skill pure, a pvper or a pvmer.

All your arguments are based on the assumption we just want to be handed things with zero work this is just flat out not true. Its almost the exact opposite of our point. We WANT to work for it we just don't believe it is right that money making should be entirely railroaded in to 1 specific play style so that if you happen to utterly hate that or are no good at it you are at a distinct disadvantage regardless of how you enjoy and perform in other aspects of the game.

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thus, the only winning move is not to play. Get cheap-but-adequate gear to do lower-level but still-profitable tasks like QBD or Frost Dragons and call it a day. It will still provide what's needed for skills and you don't have to worry about having the best shit because you don't hunt bosses where that kind of stuff is necessary. Or alternatively, just spend 50 bucks on Bonds here and there when you need to and forgo PVM altogether. Granted, you would be missing out on a large part of the game, but meh.

Which is why the other half of my "make high-end armor more accessible" crusade is "and then make enemies where you actually need it". If bossing is going to be the only endgame, add in some skill sets that you can use freely, but their best use is for fighting whatever drops (the materials for) the better version (Give the skill version a damage boost/reduction effect against that boss, give the superior version the same effect against everything?). There you go: bossing is still the best, but going from skills to bosses isn't a matter of "drop everything you enjoy doing and spend the next five months grinding for money". And now that everyone has a shot at some kind of high-end gear, make higher-end monsters strong enough so that you need it. Now the difficulty is more centered around gameplay, rather than whether or not you can grind for longer than anyone else.

Good idea? Bad idea? Lay-off-the-drugs-Alg idea? I'm shit with numbers so you're going to have to settle for a concept that I had to rush through a few minutes before class.

They stated ports will give t85 weapons. My speculation is a nice gap filler for melee between chaotics and drygores. We'll probably see another consumable item like scrimshaws in the form of a ranged item. These might be quite fun since we have been rolling with crossbows and to a lesser extent shieldbows for quite a while. The last bit of real fun we had was with jadinko javelines. I am hoping for a wand to break virtus wand to put it in its place.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

See I used to be like you guys, complaining about prices of items.  Then I took all the energy wasted in complaining and did something about it.  Now bring on the people saying I cheated or merched or staked or bought gp or whatever.  I did none of that.  Also bring on the people saying I'm lucky or whatever. 

Are prices insane? Yes.  But unlike real life you can do something about it.

And this kinda of response is where people are as dense as a brick wall and do not get the point:

The point is not we are 'whining' or could just be doing it or people 'cheating,' its not even whether or not we are or are not making the money.

The point is we SHOULDN'T have to spend hours doing something we don't enjoy, we SHOULD be able to earn equally regardless of what avenue of the game we enjoy the most.

If we all just accept the unbalanced status quo and make do and say nothing how do we expect it to get fixed?

Except that doesn't work for any game.  There will always have to be something in the way, whether or not you enjoy it, to get the best items in any game.  Also, you forget that the point of this game is to get people playing as long as possible.  Even without you getting the best items, and even though you are mad, you still are playing right?  If you had all the best items, there is less of a chance of you playing.  It's just how it works.

And it's funny how I didn't include in my original statement that I barely play and when I do it's not even a crazy amount, so everyone assumes I play runescape like it's a full time job.  Meanwhile if I log in, many of the people I see complaining will be on at that given moment.  Now how about that?

It took time yes, but I still got what I wanted.  No one has patience, it's all about instant gratification.

And the brick walls gets thicker.

Your argument only has any point if we are asking for instant gratification and things to be easy.

That is N O T what is being asked for.

We are quite happy that you have to work for top end gear, thats fine. Thats great. Thats how the game should be.

The point we are addressing in Runescape is a game where you pick how you play. Do you quest? Skill? Pvm? Pvp? etc.

However money making to afford top end things is entirely railroaded into pvm. The point is this is wrong, we should have money making options of equal merit across all the avenues of play. Be you a fisher, a smither, a skill pure, a pvper or a pvmer.

All your arguments are based on the assumption we just want to be handed things with zero work this is just flat out not true. Its almost the exact opposite of our point. We WANT to work for it we just don't believe it is right that money making should be entirely railroaded in to 1 specific play style so that if you happen to utterly hate that or are no good at it you are at a distinct disadvantage regardless of how you enjoy and perform in other aspects of the game.

What you don't understand is that the PLAYERS determine the usefulness of skills and fish and etc.  Some skills lead into PvM.  Fishing is how you get Rocktails, herblore how you get herbs, farming for getting herbs, etc.  Every skill plays some sort of tiny part in its own way, whether it be early money making or for quests to get facilitation of training another way, etc.  The "problem" is that the reason why those items are so expensive is that the act of getting them is the ultimate end to all those means.  You say things like being a fisher, a smither, etc.  The harsh reality is a lot of PvMers are many of those.  The people highest on the PvM totem poll are/were everything you said wrapped into one account, except maybe not pvper because jagex killed it. 

Now, the Pvmers don't make the most money because Jagex just willed it that way.  It happens because of supply and demand.  Pvmers don't get gold, they get items.  They sell those items or they get sold thru CS to someone willing to buy them.  The reality is that as long as people are wiling to buy and sell for that price, it will be bought and sold for that price.  Why don't fishers make the most money? Supply and demand.  The supply is higher than the demand unless someone buys out fish.

You are asking for a utopia type of game.  It simply does not exist.  Because as long as a way to make an equivalent item/money is easier or more fun, people will ONLY do that.  That created dead content elsewhere.  Everything must take equally as long, everything must be equally as difficult.  And in the end, everyone will complain because that's what is already happening.  People spend literally days pvming, hours a day, and don't get anything and actually just break even this way depending on what they are doing.  You want to take this system and spread it to EVERYTHING? People would still complain.

And I don't appreciate you calling me things.  In all my arguments I have never singled out someone and called them anything.  I have taken their opinions.  Telling someone they are wrong is one thing, calling them something is another.

You're saying that the market is so unpredictable that when you release super-rare very useful items, you can't tell that they are going to be very expensive? That's ridiculous. No, Jagex is in full control over both supply and usefulness, which is the major motivation for demand. There is no excusing the imbalance amongst t90 weapons, PvM versus skilling and others.

• Like 5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You're saying that the market is so unpredictable that when you release super-rare very useful items, you can't tell that they are going to be very expensive? That's ridiculous. No, Jagex is in full control over both supply and usefulness, which is the major motivation for demand. There is no excusing the imbalance amongst t90 weapons, PvM versus skilling and others.

The drop rate of Wands and Orbs is not unlike the drop rate of Nex items.  What people want is a massive influx of these items or some other way which I detailed if you keep reading.  Also love how people criticize one point in 2 lines and ignore the rest, seems typical of these forums really.

And another thing that I don't get.  If you are a fisher, why do you need a t90 wand? If you don't enjoy PvM, why do you need any weapons or armor? Hell, i don't even have one, not because I can't afford it but because I don't NEED it.  In comes the answer about completing the game, wanting it for looks, wanting it because they want it, wanting it because they do slayer and apparently nothing lower is good enough, etc.

Going to state this again because people forget.  I don't stake, merch, cheat, buy gold, beg, get stuff from friends, do underhanded things, attend drop parties, play long hours.  I did not horde a rare from a long time ago, was not gifted one.  I am not lucky.  Finally, anything that I did not write or failed to mention that implies that I got what I have in some way, I did not.  But what I did do was work at it, not in one way but in many ways, some I enjoyed and some I did not enjoy.  And I don't sit around complaining about how things should or should not be, as that hasn't worked ever.

The drop rate of Wands and Orbs is not unlike the drop rate of Nex items.  What people want is a massive influx of these items or some other way which I detailed if you keep reading.  Also love how people criticize one point in 2 lines and ignore the rest, seems typical of these forums really.

And another thing that I don't get.  If you are a fisher, why do you need a t90 wand? If you don't enjoy PvM, why do you need any weapons or armor? Hell, i don't even have one, not because I can't afford it but because I don't NEED it.  In comes the answer about completing the game, wanting it for looks, wanting it because they want it, wanting it because they do slayer and apparently nothing lower is good enough, etc.

If you release a fish that requires 99 fishing to catch and make it take a while to catch them, but make it heal the most, it gives fishers a way to make lots of money. That is part of what we are asking for-- to close the gap between PvM and skilling for money-making.

And Wands/Orbs need to be at least twice as common drops as Nex items because it takes 4x as long to kill Vorago and requires 3x as many people to do it. Have you ever been to Vorago? I have. It takes a minimum of around 20-30 rocktails per kill and because several phases are time-based, it takes between 15-20 minutes per kill. Nex takes approx 3-4 minutes in a good trio.

4NIrZ.png

If you release a fish that requires 99 fishing to catch and make it take a while to catch them, but make it heal the most, it gives fishers a way to make lots of money. That is part of what we are asking for-- to close the gap between PvM and skilling for money-making.

And Wands/Orbs need to be at least twice as common drops as Nex items because it takes 4x as long to kill Vorago and requires 3x as many people to do it. Have you ever been to Vorago? I have. It takes a minimum of around 20-30 rocktails per kill and because several phases are time-based, it takes between 15-20 minutes per kill. Nex takes approx 3-4 minutes in a good trio.

And you wonder why they cost that much.  It is precisely BECAUSE it takes that many resources and time and effort that wand costs that much.  Even if you had a fish that took that long to catch, you can't make millions of of fishing in any foreseeable way without imbalancing something.  For fishing to be equivalent, you would need a fish that would cost 100k.  And since what we have is enough, the chance of someone buying it for that much is tough.

And you wonder why they cost that much.  It is precisely BECAUSE it takes that many resources and time and effort that wand costs that much. 

You proved my point-- Jagex designed it like that, to encourage the market to make this item into a status symbol.

If the drop rates were something like 2x or 3x the nex drop rates (or, roughly 1:10 instead of 1:40) then the wand would be significantly more difficult to merch and thus far less expensive. I'd also like to know why Vorago's non-energy drops are significantly worse than Nex's.

4NIrZ.png

You proved my point-- Jagex designed it like that, to encourage the market to make this item into a status symbol.

If the drop rates were something like 2x or 3x the nex drop rates (or, roughly 1:10 instead of 1:40) then the wand would be significantly more difficult to merch and thus far less expensive. I'd also like to know why Vorago's non-energy drops are significantly worse than Nex's.

Status symbol.  Well now I understand completely.  People want this because of the intrinsic value it brings. That's all this argument is about but no one is saying it straight up.  They want this item because it makes them feel good for some reason.  I just wish people would shake this.

Status symbol.  Well now I understand completely.  People want this because of the intrinsic value it brings. That's all this argument is about but no one is saying it straight up.  They want this item because it makes them feel good for some reason.  I just wish people would shake this.

Usefulness is not mutually exclusive with something being a status symbol. It is the best magic weapon in the game, thus demand is extremely high. Unfortunately, Jagex saw fit to make the supply extremely low thus the item is so valuable that it is a symbol of status.

4NIrZ.png

That is true... jagex is in control over the release of items from bosses. They could tweak numbers very easily, but they are very reluctant to do so for some reason. I will never understand except for maybe it being a big fear of making contend dead or unappreciated way too soon.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Your arguments are getting tirelessly more annoying as you go. The fact of the matter is there are currently 156,900 people with 90 Magic, the required level to use this wand. The fact that there is maybe 1,000 in supply right now is whats causing the issue. This issue arises from the fact that the drop rate is far far far to rare. In a game where people have been playing for 10+ years you can't limit top end gear, which isn't at the top end of the spectrum so much because the demand will far surpass supply for the foreseeable future. Even at a drop rate of 1:10 it will take a long time for the wand to come down into a respectable range. I deem respectable in the 100's of millions. Due to the fact that we shouldn't have people who are over the billion mark, or even in the nth number of max cash stacks. That is a fundamental flaw in the game that there hasn't been a reason for this gold to leave and it creates an ever expanding gap for new players. Who wants to start playing RuneScape and get to 90 magic in a couple month and realize they need to spend the next several years to be able to afford the gear that matches that level? No one, you want to kill a game, make it impossible to compete with current players.

• Like 6

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Are we even reading the same thread anymore?

Your arguments are getting tirelessly more annoying as you go. The fact of the matter is there are currently 156,900 people with 90 Magic, the required level to use this wand. The fact that there is maybe 1,000 in supply right now is whats causing the issue. This issue arises from the fact that the drop rate is far far far to rare. In a game where people have been playing for 10+ years you can't limit top end gear, which isn't at the top end of the spectrum so much because the demand will far surpass supply for the foreseeable future. Even at a drop rate of 1:10 it will take a long time for the wand to come down into a respectable range. I deem respectable in the 100's of millions. Due to the fact that we shouldn't have people who are over the billion mark, or even in the nth number of max cash stacks. That is a fundamental flaw in the game that there hasn't been a reason for this gold to leave and it creates an ever expanding gap for new players. Who wants to start playing RuneScape and get to 90 magic in a couple month and realize they need to spend the next several years to be able to afford the gear that matches that level? No one, you want to kill a game, make it impossible to compete with current players.

Which is one of the reasons why we're seeing a steady trend of newer players leaving the game and only veterans sticking around.

• Like 4

4NIrZ.png

Which is one of the reasons why we're seeing a steady trend of newer players leaving the game and only veterans sticking around.

Exactly my point, Its close minded thinking by people like Thus that think having these absurdly high prices are a good thing and don't understand the fundamental flaw that accompanies it, you kill the game and guess what, your fancy status symbol item isn't going to be worth squat when there are only 5 people playing to trade with.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items