Behind the Scenes - November 2013

Nobody

It can surpass max cash therefore I feel it's going to be a second currency. Then again junktrading was always at use for things that surpass max cash but now it's something with an established worth that everyone wants (and is getting)

I don't mind, i'd love having a load of these and just sell some of them from time to time.

That would make sense, but spirit shards are better for that purpose.

As spirit shards have a fixed value each =3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

As spirit shards have a fixed value each =3

I was just thinking that, but there are likely a few other items close to alch value that would still be split into pieces. Godsword Shards, perhaps? Dragon Meds? Nice for collecting if nothing else.

2dgucz6.png

Shards can be converted from and to gp at will, virtually instantly, any amount you want (up to max cash of course). So yeah, not a chance that anything will take over unless someone was holding over a max stack of spirit shards (~50b), and even then it's probably spirit shard packs (which are 5000 shards each, or about 250.000b gp in a max stack).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But what will happen to the twenty thousand divine sigils that are already on the GE?

When they push this out, everything that is on the GE from coinshare should be dropped down to 1gp to ensure it gets out of the GE and gets put into the market.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Wouldn't that create a massive crash in those items? Say there are 1000 'stuck' divine sigils in the GE, and 500 buy offers. Pushing those stuck sigils to 1gp each would fill all the pre-existing offers and then there would be 500 divine sigils just sitting at 1gp each waiting to be picked up for essentially free. This would only happen if stuck items > unfilled buy offers, but I see that happening for sigils.

Wouldn't that create a massive crash in those items? Say there are 1000 'stuck' divine sigils in the GE, and 500 buy offers. Pushing those stuck sigils to 1gp each would fill all the pre-existing offers and then there would be 500 divine sigils just sitting at 1gp each waiting to be picked up for essentially free. This would only happen if stuck items > unfilled buy offers, but I see that happening for sigils.

Well if they do it right those placed at 1gp will fill the highest value earliest offers first meaning they wouldn't be put out there for nothing. Besides they don't have to drop them all the way down they could right a simple script, run during the server downtime for update, that matches existing GE buy offers to the stuck stock of items and leave any remaining stock to be matched live as offers appear with priority given to them over new from player ones. Or they could even take stuck items and replace them entirely with shards using the same principle of filling offers first. Or they could just match what they can and delete the rest as a lost cause.

Equally if they are indeed stuck due to CS their prices crashing a bit isn't a bad thing, they get stuck because people aren't buying them (for example in sigils case because they cost more than the shield they produce) they really ought to drop to flow correctly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well if they do it right those placed at 1gp will fill the highest value earliest offers first meaning they wouldn't be put out there for nothing. Besides they don't have to drop them all the way down they could right a simple script, run during the server downtime for update, that matches existing GE buy offers to the stuck stock of items and leave any remaining stock to be matched live as offers appear with priority given to them over new from player ones. Or they could even take stuck items and replace them entirely with shards using the same principle of filling offers first. Or they could just match what they can and delete the rest as a lost cause.

Equally if they are indeed stuck due to CS their prices crashing a bit isn't a bad thing, they get stuck because people aren't buying them (for example in sigils case because they cost more than the shield they produce) they really ought to drop to flow correctly.

Personally I think they should just scrap whatever items are in the GE due to coinshare, certainly not give them away to the highest bidders.. it would cause items to crash even more if they were just injected into the market all of a sudden.

Dwaynee.png

Trimmed Completionist 8th October 2014 | Check out my blog Here.

Better to fill current buy offers then to scrap them imo as the money has already been put into the game and if one would scrap it the items, there would be no money taken out of the game as compensation at all!

So with filling current buy offers it would atleast compensate partially..

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I think I'm of the opinion that whilst the servers are down update being made stuck items should be matched to existing buy offers (within a reasonable price margin) and any left over should be scrapped.

Though I don't think this should be a huge issue afaik sigils are the only one with a huge issue of getting stuck and that is entirely because their prices were never anchored to their respective shields (an issue which ought to be fixed as well)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Depending on the amount, filling the offers can create a massive supply of sigils.

Have a charity shop, instead of the well, people can donate, the amount donated by a person then allows them to have a chance of recieving a certian item which has been stuck in the ge e.g. sigils.

This way money leaves the games and a large supply of items doesn't enter the game.

Robbstarkded.png

Depending on the amount, filling the offers can create a massive supply of sigils.

Have a charity shop, instead of the well, people can donate, the amount donated by a person then allows them to have a chance of recieving a certian item which has been stuck in the ge e.g. sigils.

This way money leaves the games and a large supply of items doesn't enter the game.

I fail to see how this is any different than completing buy offers.

The items still come in to the game and the money 'paid' still leaves the game.

I also fail to see peoples major aversion to the small supply surge causing a bit of a price dent - the reason they are stuck in the first place is because their ge values are too high compared to their related products. They NEED to come down in value in order for the market to move correctly.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I also fail to see peoples major aversion to the small supply surge causing a bit of a price dent - the reason they are stuck in the first place is because their ge values are too high compared to their related products. They NEED to come down in value in order for the market to move correctly.

The issue is that they're also going to affect the spirit shields they make. There's no way to steathily introduce them into the market without having some kind of effect on it because the CS wall is that big for sigils.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Or... why don't they do the logical route?

complete shield price = sigil price + (exlxir + unblessed shield)

Yes, you can still have a free market if you lock them in like that.

Do people think that unblessed spirit shields are the next big thing and start buying them up? the price if blessed shields and completed shields will go up accordingly.

I don't see why they should hit shield prices much. Sigils are stuck precisely because they are ge valued at considerably more than the shields in the first place.

Plus it's not like spirit shields can't survive a bit of a dent considering in terms of the meta-game now they are outclassed by both the dg shields and the rise of the 6 shields so they are kinda over-valued.

Plus it's not like sigils actually flowing around thanks to the shard cs aren't going to have the exact same effect in the long run, it's essentially a choice of a short sharp price denting from the releasing of the trapped sigils or a prolonged process of them slowly spiralling down.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Spirit shields are better because the only place you really need a shield is vorago bomb tanking, and that attack never misses, which makes any armour advantage the t90 shields have completely useless compared to the soak effect.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't get why anyone is worried about the price of shields crashing.

The price of shields have been going down for a while, and have more or less stabilized.

The only thing that is going to happen when they change coinshare is this:

1. sigils will start to come back into the game, thus more shields will start coming into the game

2. the price of sigils will crash, hard, until they are more in line with the shields

The ONLY bad thing about this is that money won't be coming into the game anymore from coinshared' sigils. Which... isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, every single sigil that is stuck on the GE should be sold to the highest offers that are currently there, so THAT money gets taken out of the game

It is different because money is going out but there is a chance of a sigil coming into supply, it's a money sink and doesn't cause a lot of sigils/shields to come into the game suddenly.

Robbstarkded.png

It is different because money is going out but there is a chance of a sigil coming into supply, it's a money sink and doesn't cause a lot of sigils/shields to come into the game suddenly.

The ones stuck on the ge are a money sink, the money paid for them vanishes in to the abyss never to be seen again and regardless of whether you stagger the items coming in or not they are still arriving in game buy either means.

Again I see no difference both methods will introduce the same total number of sigils and both methods will eat the gold paid for them. The charity shop concept is just likely to leave thing as stuck as they were before as people are not going to put more gp in than they get out, so they'll only go so far then call it quits leaving items stuck in limbo once more; unless of course the chance of getting the items for a small amount of gold is quite high; but then that is self defeating as it'd be a worse money sink than the ge sales and getting them so cheap will make people gladly sell them much cheaper creating a price crash anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Scrapping them is the safest way, but it would be nice if they could fill current ge buy offers..

Now this would be bad. Buying a wand for 600m(or less) is unfair indeed.

Are any wands actually stuck in g.e. through coinshare? I would think since their value is over the g.e. value that any that did get coinshared would be scooped up pretty quick.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

If there's an offer in GE for the item above CS price, it will just go for CS price to whoever has the highest offer in, and if it's been in the longest. (Badly worded, but meh)

Brings me back to the good old days of sniping coinshared sigils in the GE. :')

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]