Behind the Scenes - November 2013

Nobody

I guess I'm the only one that sees a problem with this.

Just ignore the last few pages of posts then.

I think we all remember how corp/nex teams used to require divine or ely to get in or hell they probably still do.

No they don't. Corp is weak to spears and always has been...?? Nex does not need spirit shields. You can do it in T70 comfortably. The only people using shields at Nex should be the tanks, for which Chaotics are a far better (and attainable) option.

They don't anymore, that's true. However when Nex was released and pre-EoC, spirit shields (Ely and Divine certainly) were elite, very useful, and very expensive hard-to-get items that all the elite teams demanded you have. They remained unobtainable and inacessible to the majority of the target demographic for years and really only crashed because of EoC.

It does have a decent drop rate and is not hard at all, it is people like you who are constantly saying its too difficult which puts people off trying.

No, it doesn't. Not for the amount of time each kills requires.

And it is by far the most complex -- and therefore difficult -- boss in the game. That isn't to say it is impossible by any means, but given the average intelligence and headstrong attitudes of the RS community, getting a group of 7-9 people to cooperate with finesse is not an easy feat. The clan I am in has learned Vorago through a large time investment of watching videos and attempting to replicate strategies in them. And even then, knowing what to do and actually doing it are two completely different things, especially becase there are that many moving parts. In phases 3-5, you need people to Provoke as soon as he slams. If one person is slow it causes major problems. If someone derps and attacks during a reflect, it can cause a wipe, particularly in Phase 5.

4NIrZ.png

It's getting to the point where the sheer tankieness of shields is enough to make them better than spirit shields. Spirit blocks 30% of damage, and kills your prayer? Why not just use a t80(/90) shield, and block 100% of damage for most attacks.

The ONE situation where a spirit shield is always better is when bomb tanking Vorago, as his bombs have 100% accuracy.

Don't all of his attacks have 100% accuracy because he is so high leveled?

*shrug* Spirit Shields are relatively cheap anyway. 25m for Arcane, 40m for Ely, what like 60m for Divine?

4NIrZ.png

T90 power armor, probably degrades to nothing

Fairly sure it will be non-degradable armour said in the live stream

It follows the same mechanic as sereinic and tectonic. I believe the shields however do not degrade to dust. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It follows the same mechanic as sereinic and tectonic. I believe the shields however do not degrade to dust.

Yeah in the BTS it was stated the shields will be like t90 chaotic shields. The armour is speculated to still degrade to dust.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Probably not going to bother with this armour. Mage is better dps, and if you're in melee distance you're generally taking more hits, so the armour will degrade more quickly. That and it's going to cost a ton more because pets. I might DIY a set to sell though.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I posted that before the live stream based on the other T90 armor. :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

It's getting to the point where the sheer tankieness of shields is enough to make them better than spirit shields. Spirit blocks 30% of damage, and kills your prayer? Why not just use a t80(/90) shield, and block 100% of damage for most attacks.

The ONE situation where a spirit shield is always better is when bomb tanking Vorago, as his bombs have 100% accuracy.

Don't all of his attacks have 100% accuracy because he is so high leveled?

*shrug* Spirit Shields are relatively cheap anyway. 25m for Arcane, 40m for Ely, what like 60m for Divine?

Yeah about that, its not like 60m is unaffordable though really? Just boss as much as you can, even doing bandos every night for a few hours would get you roughly 50-100m probably depending on your luck. i made 23m at bandos in 1 trip, its fairly simple.

Runescape is a haven..

Yeah about that, its not like 60m is unaffordable though really? Just boss as much as you can, even doing bandos every night for a few hours would get you roughly 50-100m probably depending on your luck. i made 23m at bandos in 1 trip, its fairly simple.

...Unless you're like me, in which case you'll get nothing but warshields and end up taking a loss. :twss:

[Obligatory joke tag]

...Unless you're like me, in which case you'll get nothing but warshields and end up taking a loss. :twss:

[Obligatory joke tag]

I know them troll drops. >.< 

Runescape is a haven..

I think I'm still down like 150m pvming L

Where'd you lose 150m? like which boss at.

when i started pvming i made 32m the first night, so i bought a [bleep]load of better gear and whatnot and now i think i got bout 23m to make back seeming as i had to repair drygores and boughtn 17m worth of pouches and sharks. >.< plan to pvm tonight hopefully.

Runescape is a haven..

The closest you get to gambling in PvM is FFA Keep teams. I've been in a few Nex teams like that, and the competition/tryharding is insane. 3 minute trio kills are nice too, even if there are a fair number of people who are a lot better than me and get drops most of the time.

The most worrying thing is when the "tank" somehow manages to get the drop, because (s)/he has just completely ignored the tank-and-wear-a-shield aspect of their role, but still tanked all the hits and duel wielded the whole kill. :lol:

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I think I'm still down like 150m pvming L

Where'd you lose 150m? like which boss at.

when i started pvming i made 32m the first night, so i bought a [bleep]load of better gear and whatnot and now i think i got bout 23m to make back seeming as i had to repair drygores and boughtn 17m worth of pouches and sharks. >.< plan to pvm tonight hopefully.

I died a lot at arma in like 2010-2011. I also lost like 30m when Vorago was released.

Some more info given out about CoinShare:

Hello again everyone!

I wanted to let you know with as much information as possible about an upcoming change to the Coinshare system.

Following on from the success of Bonds we're still doing as much as we can to combat inflation in game and Coinshare is actually a major source of what we call "gold injection".

Inflation is caused when the total amount of money (actual coins, not items) in the economy goes up. Due to a process of complicated economics, this then gradually makes the price of everything rise so that your money is worth less.

Gold injection is when a game mechanic creates coins directly rather than either creating items or moving coins around between players. Coinshare does this by giving the players who use it money immediately, even if the item doesn't sell or isn't worth what the GE thinks it's worth.

We have an upcoming change, which was supposed to be in next week's update but looks likely to slip to the week after, which is going to address this. With the new system, Coinshare will work a little differently.

When you kill a boss in a group which has chosen to use Coinshare, the drop will be split up into 120 identical shards. These shards will be distributed equally to everyone in the group. Shards can be combined together into the item if you have any 120 of them. This means each member of the group is free to sell their shards (for an expected value of 1/120th of the market price of the item) or hold on to them and try to collect enough from future drops to finish the object.

(Shards will be put directly in your bank rather than sitting in your inventory so you don't need to worry about running out of room on a long bossing session.)

I won't lie, this will be an inconvenience for some bossers. Rather than getting the money directly, you'll now have to sell the items yourself. However, that convenience was coming at the expense of the long-term health of the economy and ultimately reducing the value of everyone's gold.

There is one direct benefit though, which is that items which have a street value higher than max cash (like Vorago's drops on launch) can now actually get that value from Coinshare because the total of 120 shards of that item can exceed max cash.

Mod Jack
  • Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I like the sound of that. If the team does want to, they can just combine the shards and you have the item to sell. If not? Just sell them anyway.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

I lolled at 'like voragos drops on launch' since they still are in excess of max cash.

It sounds like a system that will work for the coinshare issue but I think it is BS to claim CS was injecting gold.

All the items that get CS'ed do sell (to my knowledge) so it was perfectly neutral other than the small window between the item dropping and the ge sale occuring.

Plus, unless my memory is failing me, did it not kind of act as a gp drain since items went to ge value but you only got -5% value in coins? Meaning each drop that 5% value was removed from the game.

I'm curious how robustly the 120 divided evenly is programmed eg 11 people for drop works out to 10.909090...

Afterall (depending on the drop value) giving people 1 shard more/less at random could be quite a large sum compared to giving people 1gp more or less on a coin split.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue