Behind the Scenes - November 2013

Nobody

You proved my point-- Jagex designed it like that, to encourage the market to make this item into a status symbol.

If the drop rates were something like 2x or 3x the nex drop rates (or, roughly 1:10 instead of 1:40) then the wand would be significantly more difficult to merch and thus far less expensive. I'd also like to know why Vorago's non-energy drops are significantly worse than Nex's.

Status symbol.  Well now I understand completely.  People want this because of the intrinsic value it brings. That's all this argument is about but no one is saying it straight up.  They want this item because it makes them feel good for some reason.  I just wish people would shake this.

Your arguments are getting tirelessly more annoying as you go. The fact of the matter is there are currently 156,900 people with 90 Magic, the required level to use this wand. The fact that there is maybe 1,000 in supply right now is whats causing the issue. This issue arises from the fact that the drop rate is far far far to rare. In a game where people have been playing for 10+ years you can't limit top end gear, which isn't at the top end of the spectrum so much because the demand will far surpass supply for the foreseeable future. Even at a drop rate of 1:10 it will take a long time for the wand to come down into a respectable range. I deem respectable in the 100's of millions. Due to the fact that we shouldn't have people who are over the billion mark, or even in the nth number of max cash stacks. That is a fundamental flaw in the game that there hasn't been a reason for this gold to leave and it creates an ever expanding gap for new players. Who wants to start playing RuneScape and get to 90 magic in a couple month and realize they need to spend the next several years to be able to afford the gear that matches that level? No one, you want to kill a game, make it impossible to compete with current players.

Which is one of the reasons why we're seeing a steady trend of newer players leaving the game and only veterans sticking around.

Exactly my point, Its close minded thinking by people like Thus that think having these absurdly high prices are a good thing and don't understand the fundamental flaw that accompanies it, you kill the game and guess what, your fancy status symbol item isn't going to be worth squat when there are only 5 people playing to trade with.

See my original post.  I never said it was a good thing.  But what I did say before, pages ago, was that it is something that nearly every game has, and it is very difficult to change.  And complaining about it won't solve anything.  Everyone seems to think that if you are not with them, you are against them.  If you don't think that complaining is the best way, you must think that it's good that the prices are stupid high. 

And someone said we shouldn't have people over the 1 billion mark.  Jagex used to ban people with max cash gotten from staking, no idea how that is fair.  And how is that any pvmer's fault?  The first people to buy wand(and any other item really)  didn't even PvM or use it.

Whats going on is people are arguing in circles over this same issue that has been there for years. Instead of realizing this can't be changed by arguing and working towards something, no matter how slowly, they will name call and ignore that they are just wasting their own time.  I said this in my original post, I used to complain about this.  Hell, I was in a clan where people only complained about this and bankstanded and complained about this.  They never tried anything to help themselves, only complained.  I left that clan, came back to look and the same people were in the same position, complaining over the same things. 

I look around TIF and it's the same exact problem every time.  People complaining over the same problems that plague most games.  Someone challenging this and getting yelled at by a group of people all high fiving and thumbs upping each other, amongst other things that they are probably doing to each other in a circle, all while assuming who knows what about the poster who thinks it's silly to complain and not at least try and take charge. Then years pass and they do the same thing again all throughout.  Guess what? You complaing is getting you nowhere closer to anything you want.

Jagex used to ban people with max cash gotten from staking, no idea how that is fair.

Just figured I'd put this out there...

Jagex has NEVER banned people with max cash from staking outside of them bug abusing, or using mules to hold their wealth. I have been a staker for a very long time, and I know alot of the rich stakers who got banned, they got banned for legitimate reasons, not just because they gained max cash.

Also, complaining, while annoying as it may be, is the only way that change COULD happen in the game. People complained about prestige. What happened? Jagex made a poll and stopped the release based on complaints. This is not even near the only time this has happened. Jagex may be off base with alot of content, but they DO (however occasionally) listen to people's complaints.

• Like 1

Forget it, not even going to bother writing responses.  People respond to one thing, the original message gets lost, people assume, I have to go explain myself, people ignore that. Actually, people are probably going to ignore that last sentence and not even look at what was posted merely 2 posts ago.  You guys "won".  No idea what you won, seeing that you still are in the same place you started.

it just seems like we're mistaking the means for the end

i'd rather there be a reason to have level 90 weapons, and make that the crazy thing that few people can obtain with a lot of work, rather than have a ton of level 90+ people, and make the weapon the actual reason for having a weapon, when it should just be the entrypoint into the endgame itself

• Like 3

8f14270694.jpg

Forget it, not even going to bother writing responses.  People respond to one thing, the original message gets lost, people assume, I have to go explain myself, people ignore that. Actually, people are probably going to ignore that last sentence and not even look at what was posted merely 2 posts ago.  You guys "won".  No idea what you won, seeing that you still are in the same place you started.

No, actually, the only one who is in the same place as they started is you. And that's because you are too stubborn, arrogant, and shortsighted to acknowledge anything that other people have said to you and insist on just repeating the same tired old stuff to everyone, arrogantly strawmaning or caricaturing them ('if you don't want to spend the same amount of time as me, you're just lazy!'). You refuse to look past your own little world.

The rest of us have been making our points rather logically and straightforwardly, fleshing our ideas and responding to any replies that might actually come our way and defending our position. 

• Like 1

No, actually, the only one who is in the same place as they started is you. And that's because you are too stubborn, arrogant, and shortsighted to acknowledge anything that other people have said to you and insist on just repeating the same tired old stuff to everyone, arrogantly strawmaning or caricaturing them ('if you don't want to spend the same amount of time as me, you're just lazy!'). You refuse to look past your own little world.

The rest of us have been making our points rather logically and straightforwardly, fleshing our ideas and responding to any replies that might actually come our way and defending our position. 

Except I never said that.  Ever.  Tell me when I called anyone lazy.  You can't because I never did.  I just said people would rather yell about it than do something about it.

You're right, you haven't explicitly used that word. You have only implied it at every step of the way. If only you people would 'stop complaining' and 'do something about it', you could have these items too, no matter how ridiculous they are to obtain!

You're right, you haven't explicitly used that word. You have only implied it at every step of the way. If only you people would 'stop complaining' and 'do something about it', you could have these items too, no matter how ridiculous they are to obtain!

Look, I can tell you are just taking this out on me.  If you read anything I said before, I'm telling you I did exactly what a lot of people have been doing.  But I realized none of that is actually doing anything to help.  Just read what I said before.  This isn't to attack anyone.

Here's a thought.. Why don't you just go kill Vorago for the weapons? If you don't have the stats/gear to do that, maybe you dont deserve the weapon in the first place?

And the winner of the 'I didn't read a single post in this thread!' Award goes to this guy!

• Like 6
Sylpheed.png

Here's a thought.. Why don't you just go kill Vorago for the weapons? If you don't have the stats/gear to do that, maybe you dont deserve the weapon in the first place?

If I'm getting ripped apart just for saying people should use the same energy used complaining over years to work towards a goal over that same time, you are going to give someone a heart attack for saying what you said.

EDIT: Oh it already happened

• Like 1

Here's a thought, the system is broken. Bosses and merching shouldn't be the only system in game capable of making that level of cash. People can work harder than those at vorago and still have much less to show for it due to the current system. Why should bossers get the major items. They could have hand the t90 wand made from multiple items using different skills. A core drop from vorago that was more common, a specific rare log that you randomly get when wc'ing elder logs, a rare pearl found from fishing rocktails, a case made from smithing, etc. There's no reason to concentrate an item around just bossing.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

If I'm getting ripped apart just for saying people should use the same energy used complaining over years to work towards a goal over that same time, you are going to give someone a heart attack for saying what you said.

Don't worry Thus, you can't reason with Yoko. He may have some good points, but he's slightly too extreme for my tastes.
Sylpheed.png

You're assuming we aren't complaining while playing runescape at the same time. Its not an either/or proposition. I'd rather continue trying to make the game better than give up.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

i'd rather there be a reason to have level 90 weapons, and make that the crazy thing that few people can obtain with a lot of work, rather than have a ton of level 90+ people, and make the weapon the actual reason for having a weapon, when it should just be the entrypoint into the endgame itself

Exactly my point that RS has become Cookie Clicker. You work for upgrades for the sake of having upgrades. You don't need them to kill the uber hard superboss 4000 because HE is the one who drops the item. They are far too expensive to use in PvP, and they cost too much through degradation to use in ordinary PvM. So...

4NIrZ.png

Here's a thought... Make a new thread and carry on this "discussion" there. Or just drop it. It seems to have turned into insults, anyway. I read this for November discussion, not how broken people's ego/idea of what rs should be.

• Like 3

Exactly my point that RS has become Cookie Clicker. You work for upgrades for the sake of having upgrades. You don't need them to kill the uber hard superboss 4000 because HE is the one who drops the item. They are far too expensive to use in PvP, and they cost too much through degradation to use in ordinary PvM. So...

WTF is a cookie clicker?

Runescape is just a rudder less ship.

Progression is fun.

Pprogression is the core mechanic.

How much progression is in Runescape updates this year?

Well we got what 3 quests of merit this year.

We got level 90 weapons, 2/3 of which have accessibility issues, and 1/3 will go the way of the spirit shields and be fodder for RWT and 1%ers for the next 5 years.

We got 1 new skill that would be useful if you are leveling all the other skills from say level 1.

We got level 90 gear which turns to dust in a short amount of time and has accessibility issues for what it is. (BTW, what it is is garbage)

That's it.

The rest is fluff, sideways action, and shit stuffed in-between shit we already know.

That's not cutting it for a progression game.

Runescape is going to continue to hemorrhage customers. 

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Hi, lets get back to discussing elite barrows brothers, non-degrade-to-dust t90 shields and the malevolent melee armour, please.

Thanks, this has been a public service announcement.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So malevolent energy and I am guessing it has to be used on necromium armour pieces?

Necronium won't be out until if/when they release the smithing rework. I'm guessing it'll be like scales and tectonic energy in that you don't need a base armour. Then again who knows, maybe instead of the thread and stones of binding it'll require barrows armour. 

Yes the bobbles (pets) require 500 energy and a barrows set to create. The 500 energy should be worth 500-600mil.... GL getting the little guys.

At the very minimum. They could be worth as much as 1.2B each or even max cash, depending on how much each energy is.

Jagex is so out of touch that even supposedly the 'fun and cute' thing that they just put is hundreds of mils. I love the part where in the stream the two Mods were all like "you're going to want to get these, they're so fun and cute, and if you and 5 of your friends get together and you all have a different barrows pet, then something cool's going to happen!". Yeah because everyone wants to spend 600M on a Pet.