D&D Tracker

helring

D&D Tracker

Today's update brings one of your most-requested features - the D&D Tracker - so you can stay up-to-date with your favourite activities in one handy interface.

Distractions & Diversions (or D&Ds) - just in case you're new to them - are bite-sized bits of content which take a short time to play, but give hearty rewards on completion. Some of the most popular are the Circus, Troll Invasion, Tears of Guthix and Wilderness Warbands, and Gielinor's teeming with other D&Ds to enjoy. Most are limited to a certain number of attempts within a set time period, and it can be tricky to remember when it's time to go back for more. That's where the D&D Tracker comes in.

In the Adventures interface, click the Minigames tab and select 'D&Ds' from the drop-down menu. There you'll find a list of every D&D in the game, including timers to show when you can next attempt each piece of content. Click on any entry and a description of the D&D will be displayed in the right-hand pane, including how often it can be attempted, any entry requirements and its rewards. There, you'll also find buttons to do the following:

Set the selected D&D as a favourite, which adds it to a list found by selecting 'Favourites' in the Minigames tab's drop-down menu.

Set the D&D as your current active task, displaying a breadcrumb trail to its start point.

Home Teleport to the lodestone closest to the D&D's start point. Note that you must have unlocked the lodestone in question to do this.

The tracker's the perfect way to keep up with your favourite D&Ds so you can complete them and enjoy their rewards as soon as possible. It's also a great way to find new D&Ds that you might not have tried. For example, fight your way through the Phoenix's Lair to earn summoning materials, XP in several skills, and a chance to adopt two phoenix hatchling pets; or brave the Pit to complete madcap agility challenges for extra XP.

To celebrate the D&D Tracker's launch, Captain Haskell - the Imperial Guard Quartermaster for Challenges in Burthorpe - is offering complimentary D&D tokens every day for a week after its release. When used, these items allow extra attempts at D&Ds that you'd otherwise have to wait for. Each day for the next week, he'll give you a token for a daily D&D of your choice and a token for a randomly chosen D&D. Be sure to log in every day and visit him to pick up your free tokens!

As always, thanks so much for your feedback. Keep it coming and we'll keep making the updates that you want to see. Enjoy some extra swings at an evil tree on us!

Mod Hammers and the RuneScape Team

How to find the D&D Tracker:

Access the Adventures interface, click the Minigames tab and select 'D&Ds' from the drop-down menu.

How to claim your free D&D tokens:

Speak to the Imperial Guard Quartermaster for Challenges in Burthorpe. He's just south-east of the enclosure containing the bank chest.

Behind the Scenes Video

Take a look at Mod Mark's round-up of November's content in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News

Solomon's stocking some spooky new music boxes and a macabre mummy outfit in his General Store.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Wewt now I can finally keep track of them all without having to revert to Wiki all the time, good update!

Shame no interesting patch notes.

The tracker kind of was the interesting patch note =)

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Would've been suitable as an "in other news" with a 'major' update but whatever, a nice addition. Only real point I'm not a fan of is not being able to generate a tab for it, rather it being stuck under Fwhatever. Sadface.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Still prefer my gamebar. >.< Lol..

I checked this ingame. Its more long winded than just sticking to the gamebar instead. Even if my browser isnt open its funny because its still quicker and less confusing to open the browser than to navigate to the screen ingame.

There are some minor improvements..But I could equally argue that its lacking some features compared to the gamebar in regards to the minigame/distraction stuff. For example - I already know how to teleport to any of those things after I been atleast twice. (And I done them hundreds of times.) As good a feature that is it is for the new or forgetful player its ultimately not that useful for me anymore.

Still no harm done putting it ingame..Just less convenient imo. Which is purely due to their implementation of this feature ingame. (You would think that /ingame/ it would be more convenient but in this case it really doesnt seem to be.)

I would of maybe liked to discard my use of the gamebar for this feature but not due to this update.

Given that Div isn't my lowest skill anymore I'm probably going to be using my weekly tokens on circus (160 k mage & range exp, 80 k agility, 320 k fm, and 110 k thieving exp vs 270 agility OR 246 k divination exp). What daily DnD's are even worth doing? 

I'm 99 hunt so big chinchompa is out. Shooting stars stink. Fish Flingers I'm not interested in having gotten my outfit and not needing to level fishing for anything anymore. The Pit (lol). 

So pheonix lair, sinkholes, and evil tree which is the most useful?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Patch Notes:

Graphical:

• Prismatic and Prayer falling stars – both bright and normal versions – no longer look the same.
  • A white texture used on the crystal tree in minimum detail mode has been corrected.
  • Ferd and Thorodin's mining animations have been fixed.
  • Royal sceptres now count as maces instead of staves for customisation weapon overrides.
  • The player's grapple is now visible when grappling from the ledge to the throne in the Bandos Throne room Agility course.
  • Some camera-related issues in the God Wars Dungeon have been fixed.
  • The player will now consistently hold magic logs when fletching.
  • The ogre shaman's animation now works correctly during the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest.
  • The barbarian champion's defend animation has been fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
  • Players' Divination levels are now correctly restored at the end of Dominion Tower fights.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
  • The chat window is now hidden during one of the combat sections of Missing, Presumed Death to prevent NPCs from "hiding" beneath it.
  • A typo in Ali the Wise's post-quest chat for Missing, Presumed Death has been rectified.
  • The Defence requirement for The Void Stares Back has been increased from 10 to 25 to match the wear requirements of black armour.
  • An issue that prevented players from answering the mathematical questions in Dealing with Scabaras has been fixed.

Other:
  • The "Touch" option has been removed from the Wilderness wall and fence.
  • The sunbeam crown no longer mentions the icicle crown when trying to teleport.
  • Salamander tar no longer has Magic or Attack level requirements to wield.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Given that Div isn't my lowest skill anymore I'm probably going to be using my weekly tokens on circus (160 k mage & range exp, 80 k agility, 320 k fm, and 110 k thieving exp vs 270 agility OR 246 k divination exp). What daily DnD's are even worth doing? 

I'm 99 hunt so big chinchompa is out. Shooting stars stink. Fish Flingers I'm not interested in having gotten my outfit and not needing to level fishing for anything anymore. The Pit (lol). 

Sinkholes!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Sinkholes!

Or if it's an option, Troll Invasion?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Sinkholes!

Or if it's an option, Troll Invasion?

it's not they're daily tokens 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Maybe I'm just confused here, but I got a daily and a weekly token just now. What was supposed to be random about them?

dyknd4.png

Ohh yess.

Too bad we can't just use every day's token on the same weekly D&D... -.-

Solomon's of the week, bringing people together :D

Walk Like an Egyptian

f1be4i.png

Thriller

167jsjp.png

Both wonderfully amusing!!

2dgucz6.png

Maybe I'm just confused here, but I got a daily and a weekly token just now. What was supposed to be random about them?

dyknd4.png

Ohh yess.

Too bad we can't just use every day's token on the same weekly D&D... -.-

Solomon's of the week, bringing people together :D

Walk Like an Egyptian

f1be4i.png

Thriller

167jsjp.png

Both wonderfully amusing!!

Nothing was supposed to be random about them. You get a daily and a weekly token from the challenges guy every day this week for a total of 7 daily and 7 weekly tokens to be redeemed whenever you want.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I don't seem to be getting any D&D tokens from the daily challenge. Do they appear in your inventory or bank?

Maybe it's because I have some left over from the last SOF promotion...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ah, thanks. Missed out yesterday's because I thought they were supposed to automatically be awarded :P

I thought the same and missed yesterday's. Then again today I got a familiarisation token so I needn't have bothered anyway.

Seems like a decent enough update, my only gripe with it is that I still have to check the quest guide to find out when I can do ToG as it just says "Locked" at the moment...

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."