Power to the Players - New Poll System.

Ambler

Then again divination is pretty useless without a partner skill :P Personally I don't mind which one wins, both look nice and interesting :)

I'm surprised the vote is as close as it is, only about 5% of the vote in it. Looks like the vote will end even closer to 50:50

inb4 both tie at 50:50 and are delayed longer due to intense discussion and consideration from the community and jagex staff.

Jagex already know which one they want to win.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The poll system doesn't feel like it's taking us seriously. There's a huge focus on looks and ease of voting, and no focus at all on making an informed choice. It's just a marketing stunt by Jagex, and a further excuse to do as little work as possible.

...You're criticizing the update because the interface is too well-designed?
Well to be honest they could have had a little more play added for voters. It wouldnt have been bad to have a discussion forum for current player polls. Then on that forum a topic pinned specifically for players to voice their opinion on update priorities. Jmods could then put up secondary poll options based on common player interests on the poll discussion topic. So for example if players picked elf city then they would be prompted to pick what style is most appealing (which is based on what's most discussed by players on the forum): receiving the elf city geared with guild like places or a more grandeure quest. What it boils down to is emphesis on the development (quest or the city) itself and not just the fork in the road choice of content development priority.

You do know there is a button on the polling system which takes you to the Power to the Player forum where the threads about every subject are? Also, we will get other polls on how we want to influence the update.

For the last eight years, every time they’ve made a half [bottomed] update to this game, every time they’ve tweaked another useless upgrade, my response has always been the same: 

“Gee, thanks for that [useless upgrade], but what about Elf City?”  <_<

No. Really. It’s been sitting there for EIGHT years.

So, hell yes, I am voting for Prifddinas.   :shades:

nyuseg.png

For the last eight years, every time they’ve made a half [bottomed] update to this game, every time they’ve tweaked another useless upgrade, my response has always been the same: 

Imagine your shock and terror when, nightmare of nightmares, the Elf City turns out to be a half [bottomed] update :P

pls no

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Then again divination is pretty useless without a partner skill :P Personally I don't mind which one wins, both look nice and interesting :)

I'm surprised the vote is as close as it is, only about 5% of the vote in it. Looks like the vote will end even closer to 50:50

inb4 both tie at 50:50 and are delayed longer due to intense discussion and consideration from the community and jagex staff.

Jagex already know which one they want to win.

The vote difference however remains stable at approx. 12k-13k votes more for Elf City.

Why do people continue looking at the percentages instead of the actual vote difference. The same is for the World Events. Bandos looks like catching up in % perspective, however the vote difference is climbing for Armadyl.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I know whats supposed to be coming with the player polls. Players want the option to vote on other parts of the update now instead of hoping jagex remembers later. I guess that's what's bugging people. They don't want jagex to use their "we dont promise" line.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I voted for Invention, primarily because I want the missing component for Divination. Plus I don't truly like any of the pocket slot items available, and am hoping that better options will arrive with Invention.

I wouldn't truly mind if the Elf City wins, because that's been a long time coming. My hope is that the Invention skill isn't put off until 2015.

Now, what I am unable to understand is this: Why are they only in the "planning stages" of invention? They promised us two skills at the beginning of last year, meaning they were planning on invention at that point. Then they pushed invention off to the "beginning of 2014 or (if lucky) December 2013" at this stage I had the impression they were working on it. Now they're saying they're only drafting ideas? I simply don't get it.

maraxussig4.png

Maybe they didn't have enough budget for Invention or simply misallocated it. Another possibility is that they kept drawing up and scrapping ideas, such as the ducttape/t90 2h ideas which have both been chucked out (though the processing machine thing still seems to have stuck around). I just they're just having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what Invention is going to be and how it's going to work.

Surprised that they left so little time for it compared to other skills which have enjoyed much longer development times, but then again this is Jagex 2k14 where budget on anything is tight as hell.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Like the elf city, Inventing was announced a tad early. Maybe in eight years, we'll be saying 'at least this update was done before Inventing' while standing at the elf city GE.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think all told Inventor suffered from the rs3 setbacks and poor budgeting of dev time.

First the 2 skills were going to be done simultaneously, then they decided to scrap that so they could focus more on each seperately.

Then html5 and rs3 obv had some issues that no doubt diverted dev budgetting.

Then the later half of 2013 got swamped with projects that were delayed due to waiting for staff to come off rs3 and divination which happened later then expected.

Then they start doing their end of year review stuff and looking ahead and come up with this system and think or that'll be a good way to see player interest in the skill.

I mean it's not like invention is the only thing to have slipped a little bit - the con rework was supposed to be 2013 and as far as we've been shown that was just concepts and some art at runefest. They heavily suggested a number of quests would be out in 2013 that have since dropped from our radar or now have eta of april and may.

The later half of 2013 just seems to be an entire balls up of promised content leaking into 2014 because the delays and failings of rs3/html5 chucked whatever plan they did have out the window and they were making it up as they went along resulting in promises and etas that just were nonsense and never gonna ahppen.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Their ETA and promises are usually bad but were more so for the 2nd half of 2013. I believe the RS3/HTML5 and EoC slipups have cost a lot of development time, and they weren't properly budgeted for failure. These slip-ups (EoC because of how much they kept re-working everything beginning of 2013, and then Rs3/HTML5 for so much delay and also requested changes after the fact

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Imagine your shock and terror when, nightmare of nightmares, the Elf City turns out to be a half [bottomed] update :P

pls no

Now THAT was uncalled for ...  :huh:

nyuseg.png

These polls are stupid and people's choices piss me off.

How the hell could you vote for the elf city when we have the most worthless skill since hunter sitting out there waiting for a new skill to use all these divine energies?

Did you train divination for that oh so special free dungeoneering skill door opener?

Jesus if you vote for elf land then it could be 2015 before Clownex even touches invention.

Face facts nobody really cares about elfs. This isn't WOW.

You see the elf city then what?

I'll tell you want, it transforms into there seren god thing when threatened and that's it.

Wow fantastic, you voted for another world event over a skill....

Tell us how you really feel. 

Christmas has finally come to Crap-ville, sweet turds for all.

Level 90 weapons no thank you.

Mr. Spock in a green Santa's Little Helper Outfit strolling around a village made of Christmas Tree ornaments, FANTASTIC!

Elf-town, Crap-ville, it doesn't really matter what you call it since it's obviously going to be the Mecca of creativity that makes or breaks Runescape.

All from the ass-end of Gielinor. Amazing...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I hightly doubt they are in "pre-planning" on either update. I think both inventing and Prifdinnas are nearly completed and the idea of the poll is "which do you want us to polish up faster and finish first?"

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

... it doesn't really help your case that Jagex confirmed to be in the concepting stage. They don't even know whether there will be a GE in the city.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Given the suggested release time frame of July/August they are *definitely* still in the creation/planning stages of the projects. Hopefully that means a lot of ground work already done but.. definitely a long way out..

They are not "ready to be polished" status by any means.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

speaking of which, why exactly do we need a second ge if it's going to be located way over in the corner like morytania

is it like, our back up ge in case the first ge gets invaded by bots again

Thinking about this I am not the first to think tat jagex might have more plans for the elf city and its region if we get a GE there. Right now they need to top a few thibgs or include several things that tge current GE can't do.

Right now the contending pro's of the varrock GE are:

- Multiple teleports directly to location.

- Water resource located close by.

- very close bank/furnace location

The elf GE would need comparable if not slightly better perks. Some interesting suggestions to tie into the elf culture would be:

- Closely located loom/bank combo (enhanced speed maybe?)

- Closely located farming patches to the bank. Even if they were hops, allotment or other specials it would be fine. Clearly a spirit tree patch would be a more than ideal piece of content. This would help cover the ease of access.

- Closely located magic and possibly an elder tree similarly to the yews in varrock.

- Access to a new death hub convenient for fast banking on death. A good perk mighy be giving the elf city a health increasing perk linked to the elves long lives. An idea might be allowing a 5% increase to your lp capacity. This could be used by PVM players post battle.

There will be obvious good suggestions pouring in from everyone.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A flat xp multiplier is a really bad idea... for one, it has nothing at all to do with elves. Second, it's boring in all sorts of ways.

A flat xp multiplier is a really bad idea... for one, it has nothing at all to do with elves. Second, it's boring in all sorts of ways.

I think it could perhaps work if say each of the 8 clans offered 'missions' or tasks and were associated with specific skills and doing these tasks awarded higher xp than normal and perhaps earned you multipliers for those skills for limited durations.

But certainly nothing as boring as in city x you get multiplied xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it could perhaps work if say each of the 8 clans offered 'missions' or tasks and were associated with specific skills and doing these tasks awarded higher xp than normal and perhaps earned you multipliers for those skills for limited durations.

But certainly nothing as boring as in city x you get multiplied xp.

That was a concept I was trying to get across in Q's blog. I thought having the elf city full of guild like places was great. I liked using skilling challenges to help unlock the city. Further challenges to train afterwards would be great too.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

According to Mod Osbourne on Twitter, based on player feedback they are thinking Prifddinas will require Within the Light and a new GM quest to be accessed. Interesting move.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

According to Mod Osbourne on Twitter, based on player feedback they are thinking Prifddinas will require Within the Light and a new GM quest to be accessed. Interesting move.

Is that not what they had said already though?

4/8 segments would open after within the light, the rest would open after the new GM quest?

Or did he literally say they entire city would need the gm quest?

@Urza betting on guild-like places is hardly a dangerous bet considering in almost everything they've said about the city thus far they've mentioned it having guild-like places.

Plv6Dz6.jpg