24 March 2014 - Fate of the Gods

Miss Lioness

Has anyone been noting down locations of Memoriam crystals?

I'm missing number 4 - Departure. I've ran around several times, couldn't find it anywhere :c

Any pointers?

TY!

Right after the first healing section, cross the stepping stones, go up the cliffside. From there head to the eastern bend and there's a little red line on your minimap. That's a climb down drop section, which will land you on a little round island. The crystal is on the eastern side. The exit is to the south, another climb-down drop.

Pretty sure that's the 4th crystal.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I am not sure about you guys but this quest didnt feel like a grand master title worthy quest to me :s. Apart from the lore, its not where near a gm title quest. I guess i had an abnormally high expectation for this. Alas the sadness :(

• Like 1

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I am not sure about you guys but this quest didnt feel like a grand master title worthy quest to me :s. Apart from the lore, its not where near a gm title quest. I guess i had an abnormally high expectation for this. Alas the sadness :(

After WGS, which added a ton of new dungeons, areas, monsters, high value gamechanging drops, lore, etc., I feel like every GM quest since then has had a difficult time meeting that standard.
  • Like 3

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

considering all the stuff that happened in this quest, i'm sort of okay with not having to do more

btw, the message you get when attempting to destroy the stick to get it out of your inventory, priceless

8f14270694.jpg

To be honest it was alot of lore nothing else with cup of combat mixed together. Looking at thr requirements i was like "umm no! This is ridiculous to be the requirements for a gm quest." but then again its jagex, prerequisite for updates coming in not meeting the standards of the community.

• Like 2

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

To be honest it was alot of lore nothing else with cup of combat mixed together. Looking at thr requirements i was like "umm no! This is ridiculous to be the requirements for a gm quest." but then again its jagex, prerequisite for updates coming in not meeting the standards of the community.

To me, that's about just how a quest should be - a bit of a puzzle, a bit of exploring, a few medium/hard combat encounters, all bound together by lore.

• Like 4

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

I didn't really like the way lore was introduced by presenting a massive interactive history book all at once (select topic...get lore answer...repeat), I would've preferred cutscenes extended overtime, or passive discovery, but I can't have it all :P

I'm fine with not having to do a lot of crazy shit to get straight answers for once.

Like, seriously.

Granted, I would prefer to be able to get it over the course of several quests instead of those quests being total jerks and not being useful at all, but far be it from me to look this gift horse in the mouth or anything.

8f14270694.jpg

I enjoyed the quest, but as usual it was certainly not up to the GM standard, and probably a bit worse than TWW (which also arguably wasn't up to standard). A pity, considering how much hyped this was. There were a few details they could have fleshed out a bit more, the rewards were some of the worst for a GM quest to date particularly of this standard, some aspects were rushed and so on.

As I predicted, the god awful and annoying miniquest was longer than the GM quest - how sad.

Also, every time they hype up a GM quest, I keep thinking they will finally deliver us something like While Guthix Sleeps, but I am slowly coming to the realization that they don't have the ability to make something that epic again - a pity.

Also some of the lore felt less interesting than before. Whereas previously Zaros was a grey character, it's now been established that he's basically a very good and noble guy.  No plot twists. I always liked the dynamic between the younger gods (Guthix/Zammy/Sara) more than where this Elder God stuff seems to be heading. 

Sliske and Azzanadra have been reduced to cameos. If Sliske is so powerful, why wouldn't he just fight you? It seems silly. Did he want Zaros to return or not? He seemed to want to sabotage him, but then it turns out he's infuriated that Zaros excommunicated him. Also, my sense of Sliske as someone who is rash and reckless was confirmed when Zaros also assessed him as such. 

I'd give this quest a grade of 'B'. Good, and lots of lore, but nothing excellent or outstanding, and a lot of lackluster stuff.

• Like 1

With Sliske's gift after the quest, I question if there is a hidden update in an area you cannot bring the Ring of Visibility.

I had someone check Glariel's Tomb earlier, he didn't find anything.

I'll be checking myself because I don't trust he actually checked (he did so a little too quickly...)

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

the rewards were some of the worst for a GM quest to date particularly of this standard

RuneTrack is telling me I walked away from that quest almost one million experience richer... Maybe it's just because I'm like the only non-maxed person left on the forum, but I'd say that puts it pretty far above most other GM quests in terms of rewards.

I do agree that it could have been a lot better in a number of ways (because even I'm getting tired of my rants), just that the rewards weren't one of the things that needed improvement.

the rewards were some of the worst for a GM quest to date particularly of this standard

RuneTrack is telling me I walked away from that quest almost one million experience richer... Maybe it's just because I'm like the only non-maxed person left on the forum, but I'd say that puts it pretty far above most other GM quests in terms of rewards.

I do agree that it could have been a lot better in a number of ways (because even I'm getting tired of my rants), just that the rewards weren't one of the things that needed improvement.

Experience rewards no longer impress me. I understand I am a Comp'ed player and thus have somewhat of a bias, but with the Treasure Hunter, experience rewards from quests just aren't as impressive. Most GM quests in the past have mixed good experience rewards with good tangible rewards. The experience rewards for this quest were nice, but the tangible rewards were pretty bad. 

I think he means more diversity and uniqueness, like Tormented Demons, interesting equipment, access to areas with good incentives to keep coming back, etc. rather than batches of XP and a now basically useless realm area. I am not maxed and I find getting a bunch of XP actually not all that satisfying. XP feels like a cop-out reward.

e: ninja'd

• Like 1

Even TWW released Automatons, the Sixth Age Circuit, and a few other things. Ritual of the Mahjarrat released Glacors and a few other things. While Guthix Sleeps released Tormented Demons.

This one had the Muspah, the Nihils (killing which after you get the title is fairly pointless), the Shard (a nice perk), and the two hideous cosmetic overrides, and the title. Meh.

The Muspah will have a use in the coming months according to a post on Twitter. Let me find it.

E:
Atm they are 3m+/hr , not sure on the players method/gear but take 3m as a minimum that might be able to be improved upon.

They are also 800k~ magic xp/hr from what I hear using revolution.

Also I didn't get to keep this after the quest... I'm mad:

ydwcdk.png

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

The quest was cool..

but since it's first appearance for Zaros,

Jagex should add more rewards/power such as..

additional to cursed prayer, cursed magic book and/or new combat abilities.

or maybe in the future?

The quest was cool..

but since it's first appearance for Zaros,

Jagex should add more rewards/power such as..

additional to cursed prayer, cursed magic book and/or new combat abilities.

or maybe in the future?

I think the rewards were pretty amply considering this is basically the start of the Zaros story arc.

I mean 325k div xp?

225k combat xp?

125k magic xp?

100k slayer xp?

75k Agility xp?

50k summon xp?

That's like 900k xp just for one quest - not many quests boast that much reward.

Then on top of that you have all the lore reward

The perma ring of visibility - which is a pretty handy utlity in terms of discovering hidden teasers and ghost peng use.

A pocket slot item that makes the entirety of GWD non-aggressive?

New creatures that offer pretty decent xp and drops to fight?

Another set of creatures that could make a pretty viable Nex training ground for newer pvmers?

All in all its kinda very rewarding for the length and difficulty.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I enjoyed the quest, but as usual it was certainly not up to the GM standard, and probably a bit worse than TWW (which also arguably wasn't up to standard). A pity, considering how much hyped this was. There were a few details they could have fleshed out a bit more, the rewards were some of the worst for a GM quest to date particularly of this standard, some aspects were rushed and so on.

As I predicted, the god awful and annoying miniquest was longer than the GM quest - how sad.

Also, every time they hype up a GM quest, I keep thinking they will finally deliver us something like While Guthix Sleeps, but I am slowly coming to the realization that they don't have the ability to make something that epic again - a pity.

Also some of the lore felt less interesting than before. Whereas previously Zaros was a grey character, it's now been established that he's basically a very good and noble guy.  No plot twists. I always liked the dynamic between the younger gods (Guthix/Zammy/Sara) more than where this Elder God stuff seems to be heading. 

Sliske and Azzanadra have been reduced to cameos. If Sliske is so powerful, why wouldn't he just fight you? It seems silly. Did he want Zaros to return or not? He seemed to want to sabotage him, but then it turns out he's infuriated that Zaros excommunicated him. Also, my sense of Sliske as someone who is rash and reckless was confirmed when Zaros also assessed him as such. 

I'd give this quest a grade of 'B'. Good, and lots of lore, but nothing excellent or outstanding, and a lot of lackluster stuff.

few things about zaros:

ALL gods think they're working for the greater good, and that the other gods are doing something wrong. just because he's older than the rest doesn't necessarily make him any better than them.

His plan is to remove all gods from Gielinor which is THE SAME THING GUTHIX DID ANYWAY and we all know how that worked out, except the main difference is that he will make himself the sole godly influence, by REMOVING EVERYBODY'S FREE WILL through adjusting the world to his liking so that the outcomes are always in favor of his philosophy, which is in direct contradiction of his belief that all beings have the potential to be greater without having to hamfist a god's power into the details. This is related to his foil, Seren, who wants everybody to stop interfering with each other in the semblance of wanting free will, but to the point where she is effectively in favor of forcing everybody to abide by this philosophy by segregation, which negates the entire point of free will in of itself.

Also, what he's suggesting (him becoming an elder god) in of itself will probably require an act so reprehensible that it will dwarf anything he's previously done. The only way that kind of power could be obtained is by the effective death of something of equal power, because only the elder gods are capable of manifesting more power into the equation. He considers this to be a just means to the end, even though he says that he regrets his previous actions, like every other god we've talked to. They're starting to become stereotypes. When pressed on the matter of why he is the one who should be representing mortals as the ambassador to the elder gods, he is still insisting that he has some sort of divine right, given his tone, despite that the storyline is also heavily indicating that the player could fill that role. And he has almost no concern over the other events happening on Gielinor beyond that which would interfere with his plans. Even if the plans are as important as he is indicating (and there's a lot of context wedged between the lines pointing to such a thing), it is overall a rather callous view he holds, and one that hasn't changed at all despite his mistakes.

So, he's not the obvious best god choice, he's just a more subversive, yet probably even more flawed version of Guthix, who will be popular anyway, like Guthix. Also, since he was never mortal and runs on a blue/orange morality, he will never technically be "good", and will probably still do anything he has to in order to achieve his goals.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

few things about zaros:

ALL gods think they're working for the greater good, and that the other gods are doing something wrong. just because he's older than the rest doesn't necessarily make him any better than them.

His plan is to remove all gods from Gielinor which is THE SAME THING GUTHIX DID ANYWAY and we all know how that worked out, except the main difference is that he will make himself the sole godly influence, by REMOVING EVERYBODY'S FREE WILL through adjusting the world to his liking so that the outcomes are always in favor of his philosophy, which is in direct contradiction of his belief that all beings have the potential to be greater without having to hamfist a god's power into the details. This is related to his foil, Seren, who wants everybody to stop interfering with each other in the semblance of wanting free will, but to the point where she is effectively in favor of forcing everybody to abide by this philosophy by segregation, which negates the entire point of free will in of itself.

Also, what he's suggesting (him becoming an elder god) in of itself will probably require an act so reprehensible that it will dwarf anything he's previously done. The only way that kind of power could be obtained is by the effective death of something of equal power, because only the elder gods are capable of manifesting more power into the equation. He considers this to be a just means to the end, even though he says that he regrets his previous actions, like every other god we've talked to. They're starting to become stereotypes. When pressed on the matter of why he is the one who should be representing mortals as the ambassador to the elder gods, he is still insisting that he has some sort of divine right, given his tone, despite that the storyline is also heavily indicating that the player could fill that role. And he has almost no concern over the other events happening on Gielinor beyond that which would interfere with his plans. Even if the plans are as important as he is indicating (and there's a lot of context wedged between the lines pointing to such a thing), it is overall a rather callous view he holds, and one that hasn't changed at all despite his mistakes.

So, he's not the obvious best god choice, he's just a more subversive, yet probably even more flawed version of Guthix, who will be popular anyway, like Guthix. Also, since he was never mortal and runs on a blue/orange morality, he will never technically be "good", and will probably still do anything he has to in order to achieve his goals.

I agree that all gods think they are good. My assessment of him being good was not based on his own perception of him, but my perception of lore. He seems like he is doing something fairly important: saving the world from sort of threat, he seems to reward loyalty, he seems to have learned from his past mistakes (empire-building), he seems to genuinely want to help the Dragon Riders (one of the biggest question marks was why he never fulfilled his promise, and whether he lying to them), and so on.

I don't think there is anything sinister in his attempt to become 'fate' itself. It's not all that different from parents wanting to steer their kids in certain direction, or to help their children realize their full potential. He seems to be trying to gently and subtly push people in certain directions, rather than being overly controlling or possessive. Indeed, he does not even seek to have all 'follow' him. I don't really see him as callous or arrogant as you find him to be.

I also don't mind his plans to tame/remove the younger gods, who have indeed been destructive. He also seems to have some regret over certain means (such as his forceful empire building, and Sliske). 

Zaros is definitely far less gray as a character than he used to be before...

few things about zaros:

I disagree with a lot of your conclusions there.

It never says or implies Zaros wants to remove peoples free will, it even kinds states the opposite - he withdrew from Gielinor near the end of his Empire precisely because he didn't want the loyalty forced upon people by his uncontrollable aura power thing.

In fact the whole emphasis is put on him staying out of the picture as much as possible and just giving people a slightly nudge here and there to keep them on the track of betterment.

Equally it does not remotely sound like he is planning to do something uber destructive or bad to obtain Elder Godhood - he specifically refers to small targetted destructions to wake them up and then talking to them to try and get them to make him into an Elder God. Heck it even sounds he is trying to avoid destruction as he sent Char to keep Sliske in check and Nex to keep the other gods in check. Equally he doesn't seem to be thinking 'oh I should talk to the elder gods just because I'm older' it seems to be rooted in a very logical discourse. He is the one of only two beings directly and purposefully made to be akin to Elder Gods, this gives him a common ground which gives him the best chance of communicating with them without being immediately smushed.

All in all its not outright Zaros = better, but a lot of your conclusions seem rather a stretch based on what we've actually been told from the horses mouth and what we have actually seen him do.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Question inside[hide]i may have not seen it here or may have missed it in the chat options, was there a reason for may giving rise to zaros and seren? Was it just for giggles/ making a new elder artifact or was it some other reason?[/hide]

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~