Item Discussion & Price-checking

JeRambo

Moved to Item discussion where this belongs.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

furies were also available as pvp drops pre-statuettes when we saw a large influx of DFH, DFS, infinity boots, mages books, etc.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

High level weapons

Drygore
rapier/long/mace

54b/56b/48b - 38b/37s/22s

Asc

184b/184b

Seis

590s/144b

Nox
scythe/bow/staff

359b/380s/386b

Little surprised Nox are still so high

nex/ss

T: 23+/44-5/<35
P: 16-7/33+/32+
V: 8-9/16-7/16-7

Zwb: 66+/<41/17-8
Ss: 3~/10-1/<27/29+

B: 7-8/13+/<14
G: 8+/13+/14+

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Here are all of the ways that onyxes can be obtained:

Purchasing from the shop in TzHaar city for 2.7m tokkul (1 onyx in stock at a time)

Beating the fight kiln

Using a gem-finding scrimshaw

Looting a kingly impling jar

Rare drops from Araxxor and Kalgerion demons

76k-ing

All of these sources would need to combine for an average of 500-520 onyxes per day since 2005 in order for there to be 1,684,000 onyxes in the game, so I think it's certainly plausible for that many furies to be in the game.

If you also consider that almost every high-level player has permanently sold a fury some time in the last 2 years, it makes it possible for a lot of furies to be on the market. It would be difficult for that to account for 1.6m onyxes, though.

You can also get them as drops in the Fight Cauldron. I was surprised to get one as a drop today as I didn't know that was a possible drop. I'm sure the drop rate is too low for it to have a significant effect on the amount of onyxes/onyx gear in game

Helical.png

I still refuse to believe there was no bug abuse involved.

Jagex mods are far from infallible. As far as "they" know there was no bug abuse, but that doesn't mean it is so.

Why would someone waste such an exorbitant amount of money on such a mundane item? They could have cornered a rare market with that amount of wealth instead.

>Stake Phat

>Meh i'm bored

>SELL PHAT BUY FURIES

>repeat

Because this is a mundane game and itemhoarding ftw

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Purchasing from the shop in TzHaar city for 2.7m tokkul (1 onyx in stock at a time)

Beating the fight kiln

76k-ing

All of these sources would need to combine for an average of 500-520 onyxes per day since 2005 in order for there to be 1,684,000 onyxes in the game, so I think it's certainly plausible for that many furies to be in the game.

If you also consider that almost every high-level player has permanently sold a fury some time in the last 2 years, it makes it possible for a lot of furies to be on the market. It would be difficult for that to account for 1.6m onyxes, though.

You can also get them as drops in the Fight Cauldron. I was surprised to get one as a drop today as I didn't know that was a possible drop. I'm sure the drop rate is too low for it to have a significant effect on the amount of onyxes/onyx gear in game

I believe they're also an extremely rare item from the daily lost items? (Carpet man by Shanty after desert something tasks)

Beating the fight kiln

76k-ing

I believe they're also an extremely rare item from the daily lost items? (Carpet man by Shanty after desert something tasks)

Isn't it impossible to get a reward worth more than 5k gp from that?

According to rs wiki the bag is always worth 5k dead, with coins making the difference between the item(s) and 5k and if an items ge value goes over 5k it cannot be received.

E.g. currently Toadflax, water tally, carved evil turnip, tortoise shells and marigolds are all known rewards tht cannot be gotten due to exceeding 5k.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

ins cruelty 900k

ins dl mask 2300k

ins dl chaps 4500k

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Sold:

Tetsu helm 2166K

DL chaps 4325K

Seasinger's hood 1319K

Reef cape 281K

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Cruelty ins 1033k

Vampyrism ins 995k

Elements ins 933k

Seasinger top ins 3775k

Death lotus pants ins 3800k

Rocktail soup ins 4262 each

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• 1 month later...

Rocktail soup - 3938 INS

Scrimshaw of vampyrism - 861k INS

Scrimshaw of elements - 898k INS

Scrimshaw of cruelty - 872k INS

Leviathan ring - 476k INS

Seasinger's robe bottom - 1951k INS

Tetsu body - 4391k INS

Death lotus chestplate - 4485k INS

Bond - 5650k NIB

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Instant sold:

Leviathan ring 474k.

Tetsu platelegs 3356k.

Soups 3720 GP each.

4K469.png

incomplete hydrix INS 24.2m yesterday/day before.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

They would be the price that they are now.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Change it to this..

Spirit shields can only heal you for a pitiful amount with res if you are hit by an incorrect damage type. EG, no healing from blue bombs at vorago with arcane, because mage doesnt counter mage! Also make it so that getting hit by the off style of spirit shields makes them drain prayer by the same, but reduce damage by only half of what they'd normally do.

DG shields would be inferior to ROTS shields,  but the same thing. They would soak 15%/7%/0% of opposite/like/same damage, whil healing from res caps out at 2k+50% of anything over 2k (getting hit an 8k would heal you 5k (2k+3k)

ROTS shields would soak 30%/15%/7% of opposite/like/same damage. Healing from res has no cap, but it has a buff to it where if you get hit your opposite damage, you heal 25% more. Also maybe add a special effect where every 10k damage you take, up to 40k, adds to a charge on it, where you can operate it to be sucked into the shadow realm, reducing all incoming damage by 20% for 20 seconds (with 10k charge) to 40 seconds (40k charge). Once turned on it can not be turned off and fully depletes.

Also maybe allow you to add the spirit sigils to the ROTS shields, in addition to spectral. Divine sigil + spectral sigil + malevolent kiteshield = imbued malevolent kiteshield. Has an option to "activate sigil" on it via right click which adds the 30% soak and prayer drain to the shield, but degrades to dust in 10 hours. Sigil can be deactivated when not in use, and it will not degrade

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Damn. I swear I paid 27m for Deathtouch -.-

Maybe beyond the scope of this discussion;

But, how much do you reckon level 90 shields would be, if they removed the effects from Spirit Shields?

Since oblivion of defence, defence abilities and armour...

what they are now, probably less because RS stupieconomics.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

• 3 months later...

Sold the following items instantly:

Reefwalker cape: 380K 

Leviathan ring: 811K

Seasinger top: 3500K

Seasinger bottom: 2900K

Tetsu helm: 2165K

Tetsu body: 7800K

Cruelty scrimshaw: 1421K

Deathlotus chaps: 2900K

4K469.png