6-May-2014 - Elder Divination

Leik

I have 9 of the 10 entries. I'll hopefully be finishing 10th tonight - I'll post the full lore in a spoiler.

It really isn't that great.

qpodrl.gif

Nothing really to spoiler, its all info we were told weeks ago in podcast, plus its been on jagex wiki since day of release

From darkness is born light, the spark of life. The child is full of wonder, imagination and innocence. Thus came Edda-Mah.

From Mah, the light by which to see, the dark in which to hide. The potential for all life, and a place for all things.

From matter is born shape, ever growing and changing. The youth increases in knowledge and power. Thus came Edda-Bik.

From Bik, the clay to shape, to build and destroy, form and reform. The changing of states, of forms, of function.

From the cold is born fear, shrinking and death. The corpse lies still and lifeless. Thus came Edda-Wen.

From Wen, the cold to harden and freeze, to brittle and fracture the clay. The ending of things, to break apart. To reflect on the past.

From the heat is born passion, growth and life. The maiden feels love and joy. Thus came Edda-Ful.

From Ful, the heat to soften and burn, to work and fire the clay. The beginning of things, to start anew. To experience the now.

From life is born experience, wisdom and intelligence. The matron is nurturing and caring. Thus came Edda-Jas.

From Jas, the thought to lead them all. The preparation, the plan, the execution. To look to the future.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

8D5I0.png

FINALLY

acquired 105k~ elder energy along the way

Now go trim as per our bet.  Especially since you have 3 requirements left. 

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

8D5I0.png

FINALLY

Now go trim as per our bet. Especially since you have 3 requirements left.
2 of which I can help you get done within an hour :>

(Hint: It's not the first one)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

8D5I0.png

FINALLY

Now go trim as per our bet. Especially since you have 3 requirements left.

2 of which I can help you get done within an hour :>

(Hint: It's not the first one)

how much L

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No cost, you just need to survive :>

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm 81 divination and to me it seems as fast as brilliant energy, The only thing i like about it is the divine simulacrum 1/2, But I think I will stick to brilliant wisp colony because the elder halls are dull and depressing ;-;

sythor2.png

-Sythor2

ROTS isn't hard to survive, you just gotta wait in the tunnel outside...its the people inside that may have the issue surviving. Vorago wasn't too bad for me, but I did it with a group from HLF when it first came out with like 13 or so people so idk how hard it would be for someone to survive in smaller groups.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

ROTS isn't hard to survive, you just gotta wait in the tunnel outside...its the people inside that may have the issue surviving. Vorago wasn't too bad for me, but I did it with a group from HLF when it first came out with like 13 or so people so idk how hard it would be for someone to survive in smaller groups.

ROTS is the main struggle for me because there's always someone in my team who dies, and then all of us die :P Sometimes it's me too!

Vorago isn't a problem, I've been in plenty of kills, just that I'm never on maul duty.

Much off-topic though :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

if your guys want to do some rot6 out Vorago, please pm me! always interested in doing something, even if it means death due to someone being new at it x

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Ok I don't want to completely necro this topic, so I have to post this now or never before it falls under page 2 of gen discuss.

So it took Gwyrn 16 hours, how long did it take everyone else?

I ask because I've spent about 9 hours there, and just now received 40. However 1.5 hours after receiving 40, I'm now at 42. Not sure how much longer I can take this rofl. (As a note, everyone there on w99/48 also 'complained' of not getting any chronicles at all for an extremely long period of time.)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yes I know :P I meant 40 and 42 overall.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Considering you can only get 30 at a time I'd be impressed if 40 and 42 was all in one go XD

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It took me roughly 10 hours.

E:
But I also used W2 and I actually turned in more of OTHER PEOPLES' Chronicles than my own. lol

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I haven't gotten more than 3, but what happens when you get 10? Where do you offer them?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Same as normal chronicles.

e:

Because Guthix is dead but he's VERY interested in Elder god memories

So I guess that much like humans, Gods are also interested in nostalgic memories, once they are past their prime.

Yeah, ummm, I never really 'understood' how Gods die. I believe the principle factor in establishing Godhood should be.. If anything, the inability to be finite in any avenue of their existence. Also, none of that "what about being infinite in their... finiteness?" While that is technically a valid point, I almost missed an Elder Chronicle typing this post... So.. None of that.

They are immortal, age-wise, but can still be killed if a weapon is strong enough. A common take on "immortality", often used for vampires. Immortal, age-wise, until a stake is driven through their hearts. :P

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

also, something about turning into a being comprised of pure energy housed in a shell that can be used to exert force in the material plane, meaning that they don't technically have souls in the normal sense (haha, souls, normal, runescape, I crack me up) and can't be committed back into the anima mundi without the assistance of stupid and/or easily plied adventurers who want a purplish and teal cape, but their memories and power are still bound to floating glowy jawbreakers

forget i said anything and go back to tossing jawbreakers into a hole, ignore the part about how this is vital to the future of the planet and a huge part of the main story arc

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Lets not forget in the god dying thing: Tiers 2-7 are all entities that were mortal or were purposefully created by a God. They are gods in the truest sense of the word as they are not beings that existed before the universe and are entirely outside of it and controlling it. They are very much a part of reality and subject to rules and limitations.

They are not innately 'a god' they are just a very powerful ageless being that mortals come to worship.

Even a being as powerful as Guthix was just a Naragi that happened to become immensely powerful, even Zaros and Seren are just creatures created by a greater power.

The only ones that are gods in the truest sense of the word are the Elder Gods as they just are and they made the universe and as far as we know so far they cannot die, only power down.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The only ones that are gods in the truest sense of the word are the Elder Gods as they just are and they made the universe and as far as we know so far they cannot die, only power down.

I recall reading that T2 gods are also effectively immortal, so if they die it's entirely by choice (see: Guthix)

If we're going into metaphysics, though... where do you draw the line between "a real god" and "not technically a god, even though they have all of the qualities of one"? There's a lot of fuss in-story about how all of the 'younger' gods aren't really gods, but it seems like the distinction is pretty much just posturing on the part of entities that are directly connected to the elder gods, since you're essentially comparing something from the classical pantheon to Azathoth: one is more powerful than the other, but the difference is arbitrary unless you're a god yourself.

...And now I kind of wish that they made the gods become less human the higher on the tier list they were

All the gods are effectively immortal, they can only be killed by elder artefacts or very powerful things.

The nuance with Tier 2 gods is they are able to abandon their body at will (unlike lower tiers), meaning even if you kill their body they can survive unless they choose to let themselves die or it happens too quickly.

Essentially they can be killed, it just has to be quick and completely surprise them so they have no opportunity to leave their body.

In terms of the metaphysics line for me it is a simple:

A real god - much like in all modern religions - is a being that is not supposed to have been created by anything. It's the ultimate power and always was as it is.

The not technically a gods - All have a finite creator or ascended from being a mortal being and are simply worshipped as gods because they have so much power.

In my head the 'lesser gods' are like you Justin Biebers of Gielinor - they are worshipped and looked up to and perhaps have some greater power by circumstance than people, but ultimately they are just 'normal' and elevated by circumstance. Where as the Elder Gods are comparable to the deities depicted in our religion - they aren't a human they are something beyond us, beyond the universe, the creator and master of all, existence itself is because of them etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg