6-May-2014 - Elder Divination

Leik

Elder Divination

Elder Divination is here: a batch of high-level Divination content following on from Fate of the Gods. Re-enter the Elder Halls and train at a new wisp colony, from level 75 all the way up to 99. Create new items, and summon the player-voted nightmare muspah familiar.

There are some cool updates separate from the quest too: we've made collecting chronicles much more rewarding, and you can transmute unwanted summoning charms to ones more useful to you.

Read on for more information, or log into RuneScape now and get stuck in!

Scry Hard

Once you've completed Fate of the Gods, use the World Gate south of the Eagles' Peak lodestone to return to Freneskae. Travel back across the dangerous landscape, down through Zaros's Sanctum and deep into the Elder Halls. Alternatively, use the new shortcut option on the World Gate to jump right to the Elder Halls themselves.

World_Gate_thumb.jpg

There, you'll find a new wisp colony, which is ideal for training from 75 all the way up to 99. No need to bring the Measure - once the quest is complete, the wisps will be permanently visible. Using the elder energy harvested there, you'll weave powerful portents, signs, locations, and summoning pouches:

Portents of degradation automatically heal you and damage your opponent when you're damaged to under half life - they can also be made into more powerful 'attuned' varieties. Portents and signs of death will return a percentage of your life points upon death, preventing your demise and damaging your opponent for a corresponding amount. Portents and signs of life revive you with more health, without the damage to your enemy. Note that life and death items share the same one-hour cooldown.

There's a new type of divine location to make, too: the divine simulacrum. It can be woven from 75 Divination up, is harvestable at 65 Divination, and grants energy appropriate to your level.

Fresh from a recent Power to the Players poll comes the nightmare muspah familiar. This beast of burden can only hold memories and energy, but has a better capacity than a pack yak. If you have one with you while you're converting at a rift, it'll automatically empty and fill its inventory, and it gives a small, passive boost to the spawn rate of enriched memories. Nightmare muspah pouches are made using elder energy in the place of spirit shards, as well as elder charms and muspah spines - dropped only by muspah killed on Freneskae.

You'll also uncover ten snippets of ancient lore from elder chronicles, which also grant you XP in any skill of your choice when handed in at the divination camp or at the Guthixian shrine (which still gives its XP boost).

Full details of how the above items work can be found in the Divination Skill Advance Guide in game, or on the wiki.

There are new divine implings to be caught around Gielinor and in Impetuous Impulses. They require 79 Hunter to catch, and yield energy, portents, signs, and - if you're lucky - completed muspah summoning pouches.

Simply Divine

Even if you haven't completed the quest, today's update brings you some nifty new Divination features.

It's now possible to transmute summoning charms into other types. You'll need several lower-tier charms plus some divination energy to produce the charm of your choice. See the wiki for more information.

Chronicles have been reworked. You can gather more at once, they give far more XP than they used to, and their spawn rate has been greatly increased. Note that while you can now carry up to 30 at once, the spawn rate starts to decrease once you're holding more than ten, so it's a good idea to hand them in whenever you can.

Have Fun!

If you haven't already, set your sights on completing Fate of the Gods. It's a heck of an experience, and - with today's updates - it's never been more rewarding.

To cap it off, we're offering an Early Bird Bonus for the next two weeks: triple divine impling spawns, double Hunter XP and energy from catching divine implings, and double Divination XP and energy when gathering from divine simulacrums.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

Unlocking all ten pieces of lore from the elder chronicles is now a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.

[hide=Patch notes]

Graphical:

Wearing aprons with new player base kits no longer makes their arms appear invisible.

A pink overlay that was over the water at the fishing store in Catherby has been removed.

A particular tapestry in a Clan Citadel has been prevented from clipping with the wall.

Corrected the water shader being used in the HTML5 client.

The dairy cows in Lumbridge have now been updated to the newer models.

The cow in the Ashdale cow wheel had a coloured polygon on its rear end fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Spell tablets created from Player-Owned House lecterns now use the standard Make-X interface.

Players should now be able to correctly deposit coins in their kingdom's coffers.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

Cutscene skipping functionality has been added to some cutscenes used in Rune Mysteries, Rune Memories, One Piercing Note, Stolen Hearts, Diamond in the Rough, What's Mine is Yours, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The World Wakes, Song From the Depths, The Brink of Extinction, and Player-Owned Ports.

A typo in the Smuggler's journal from A Shadow over Ashdale has been corrected.

Other:

Creating an instance of a boss encounter - excluding the Kalphite King - now has a new option "Friends only" which will limit access to friends of the creator only.

An issue that was causing keybinds to not function correctly under certain circumstances has been corrected.

Inventory only presets can now be loaded if the player has an active aura.

Presets that equip items to the player’s inventory will now only take "all but 1" if they don't have the amount the preset requires.

An issue with a preset equipping items correctly but still giving message that items could not be equipped has been fixed.

A typo in Treasure Trails section of Minigames interface has been fixed.

A confirmation has been added when using a can vexillum to teleport to the Clan Camp.

Redeeming a Bond from a tab in a bank will no longer move items between tabs.

The summoned familiar icon now disappears correctly when a familiar despawns inside an instanced area.

The toggle options on the Doomsayer's warning interface now highlight correctly.

An issue that was causing the ‘resize’ mouse pointer to appear too far into the Clan Chat and Friends interfaces has been corrected.

Ninja Fixes:

It is now possible to collect all Grand Exchange offers at once, either to the bank or the inventory.

Farming leprechauns will now note willow branches and tree roots.

Geoffrey now has a right-click option to claim daily flax.

Circus barkers now have a right-click option to quickly tell players where the Circus is located.

'Extinguish' is no longer the left-click option on lit torches.

An extra message has been added when obtaining a Sceptre of the Gods.

Teleporting from the Rise of the Six graveyard no longer drains a charge on Drakan's medallion.

HTML5 Engine Fixes:

Hint arrows in the HTML5 beta should no longer appear in places on the screen that that may cause confusion.

Doors in the HTML5 beta should now show their correct state (i.e. doors that appear closed can no longer be walked through).

The flames under the spit roast (and anywhere else that had a particle or billboard attached to a rotating model) in the HTML5 beta should no longer orbit the chicken.

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

So this new wisp colony is supposed to be the best for training all the way from 75 to 99. I'm not sure what I think about that. Something I liked about divination was that you changed training places so often. Now - if Jagex' claim that this is indeed the best place to train for those levels are right - four of the locations released not a year ago are rendered obsolete. 

Did Muspahs get their improved drop tables now, or did they only get this new summoning ingredient?

• Like 1

Shame the requirement to the only new Divination content requires a GM quest to access, but I guess it's to be expected.

SCJIL7b.jpg

But I'm really interested in the new portants and stuff. Are they better or worse than the current ones?

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Unlocking all ten pieces of lore from the elder chronicles is now a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.

See ya later Runespan!

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Is the new gear actually usable if you haven't completed Fate of the Gods? The death portent seems like it'd be handy, degradation not as much.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Overall this update to me is: eh

Some of the new portents etc seem like they may have some use, but like how used are the existing ones? Most of them are too much faff to bother with.

The familiar is of course an utter waste - a wonderful bob to store items you don't need to take anywhere and all for the low low cost of killing monsters with kinda sucky drops and using a div colony with sucky xp!

The colony itself the xp is kinda sucky.

And the elder lore stuff? Pita to 'unlock' especially since all 10 are already on the wiki and its not exactly thirlling new lore - just an in-game reiteration of podcast/qa facts that Jas = progression, Ful = creation, Wen = destruction, Bik = alteration and Mah = imagination.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Muspah  have a 100% drop of  5 Elder engery.

From 100 kills i've recieved:

- 10 Muspah Spines

- 14 Elder Charms

E:

Spirit Gems can save Elder Charms.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Gathering Incandescent energy from the Divine Simulacrum is worth 450 Divination XP, currently doubled due to the early bird bonus. Normally that'd be worth 225 XP.

You can harvest every 2 ticks, and it's 4 points from your daily limit.

Makes it max 675k Divination XP/h. Better than Yews, or?

EDIT: Radiant energy is 190XP, Luminous energy is 210XP. So 570k - 675k XP/h

6Ij0n.jpg

Some of the new portents etc seem like they may have some use, but like how used are the existing ones? Most of them are too much faff to bother with.

The familiar is of course an utter waste - a wonderful bob to store items you don't need to take anywhere and all for the low low cost of killing monsters with kinda sucky drops and using a div colony with sucky xp!

And the elder lore stuff? Pita to 'unlock' especially since all 10 are already on the wiki and its not exactly thirlling new lore - just an in-game reiteration of podcast/qa facts that Jas = progression, Ful = creation, Wen = destruction, Bik = alteration and Mah = imagination.

Where is this?  I'm hoping I don't need to collect 100 elder chronicles to finish this.

Charming Imp can also collect elder charms.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Gathering Incandescent energy from the Divine Simulacrum is worth 450 Divination XP, currently doubled due to the early bird bonus. Normally that'd be worth 225 XP.

And that is doubled w/ bonus XP making it 1.3m XP/Hr atm...loving it.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

And that is doubled w/ bonus XP making it 1.3m XP/Hr atm...loving it.

It's actually double my current figures due to early bird bonus, so with bonus xp it's 2.6M XP/h :P

Move over, mining warbands @@@@

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

Something in the updating of preset inventories has completely ruined it.

Nice one, Jagex. 

• Like 1

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

New Beast of Burden makes training more afk and slightly more xp/hr -> new divine location makes conventional training a waste of time -> don't use the beast of burden because not training conventionally.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

What do you mean by Yews? As in... Transmute yews?

--

Pretty balling update, considering I just beat Fate of the Gods last night. Also, thank you, Divine Simulacrum II for establishing my noob status by giving me Lustrous energy. Why can't you give my Incandescent ones like all the other kids.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Silly me.

Here I thought that when they said, "A new way to train Divination", I actually thought they meant a new way.

I didn't think they meant a new fishing hole in the ground that is only visible after a quest.

• Like 3

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Looks like I'm taking a break from Stealing Creation in preparation for this weekend and heading to do some Divination. I'm not sure quite how I feel about that....

I KNEW I recognized your name somewhere else! (Tranquil)

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Where is this?  I'm hoping I don't need to collect 100 elder chronicles to finish this.

Charming Imp can also collect elder charms.

Its on the chronicle fragment jagex wiki page.

However, you have to collect 100 chronicles in-game to unlock them in-game and clear the comp trim req.

Side-bar I got Timbo to respond to me on twitter when I gave shall we say 'sassy' feedback about the charm transmuting pointing out it turned potential summ xp into less potential summ xp all for the cost of more time used.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Best part about the update?

This conversation:

T1eoJr6.jpg

• Like 7

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]