Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legacy Mode Beta - Coming 16th June

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

inner fears
[ Display Name History ]

inner fears

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Six Blade

really jagex ffs , you DO realise that theres more players than 2 crappy servers? ( no point to play atm unless they add more servers asap , lag spikes every 0.33 seconds )

tho , ags specs woot!

Lolcat.png

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Or you could play on the servers provided to you. Or you could wait 2 days and play when there will be almost nobody playing on them.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Dusting of ye ole R2H

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RSN:Bouwzie

I really don't care for Legacy, all I want is the fantastic fixed interface. I absolutely love it.

EDIT: No summoning tab though?

2j3qh46.jpg

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander

I didn't realize we were playing SimCity 4. (Because you know, shitty servers and never seem to get it through their head big event = lots of users at once.)

• Alg likes this

Popoto.~<3

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

I didn't realize we were playing SimCity 4. (Because you know, shitty servers and never seem to get it through their head big event = lots of users at once.)

you mean sim city 5

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RSN:Dyze

Can someone upload some pictures?  I can't get on til tonight >.<

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Did they put the update for barrows equipment graphics yet?

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

yeah.  gmaul is very op, but eoc is moreso.  impossible to compete with meta/zerk

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Yeah but people will be pking on legacy-only worlds.

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus

really liking this so far... definetly want it back for good... did a bit of pking, there's some minor probs, but its all good for the most part... the most annoying thing is the hitsplats... they are delayed so that by the time you see what you got it, it's already too late to eat again >.<

Posted Image

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

prod speccing with ags is a party

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

The thing is, basics aren't useless.  Knowing when to use which basics, and using ability queuing to optimize your adrenaline gain, can do so so much for your dps.

With Revolution, they are.

When you're in Revolution mode, for most people it uses basics in a completely arbitrary manner.
Might as well just make it so Revolution would be auto-attacks as strong as using those basics + getting 8% adrenaline per 3 ticks and being able to use Thresholds and Ultimates.

I don't completely agree with this. I pay attention to the order I assign basics when using Revolution, putting the highest damage (and usually highest cooldown) at the front and the lowest damage/lowest cooldown at the end, and I fiddle with where I include Sacrifice and where/whether or not I include any AoE or DoT abilities depending on the situation.

The differences may be somewhat minor, but they do exist and they do matter.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

So I have been watching Mod Dean's stream for a while now, watching him do various things in Legacy. This is by far the most hilarious and embarrassing thing I have seen from Jagex in a while. In addition to being just plain out terrible at combat of all sorts, raging, he didn't even know basics for Vorago (even though he's been doing it since late last year) or various other in-game basics. Now, in and of itself, that isn't so bad, but Mod Dean is touted by Jagex as a 'legend within Jagex', and is someone who has quite a lot of input into bosses, the combat system, and legacy betas. Why is someone that bad being allowed to have input into things without even basic knowledge that most players no doubt already have? It'd be funny if it wasn't pathetic.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Boots, gloves and helm slot equipment now lowers your accuracy if wearing off-style gear.
Thoughts?

The thing is, basics aren't useless.  Knowing when to use which basics, and using ability queuing to optimize your adrenaline gain, can do so so much for your dps.

With Revolution, they are.

When you're in Revolution mode, for most people it uses basics in a completely arbitrary manner.
Might as well just make it so Revolution would be auto-attacks as strong as using those basics + getting 8% adrenaline per 3 ticks and being able to use Thresholds and Ultimates.

I don't completely agree with this. I pay attention to the order I assign basics when using Revolution, putting the highest damage (and usually highest cooldown) at the front and the lowest damage/lowest cooldown at the end, and I fiddle with where I include Sacrifice and where/whether or not I include any AoE or DoT abilities depending on the situation.

The differences may be somewhat minor, but they do exist and they do matter.

Hence why I said "for most people"...

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Boots, gloves and helm slot equipment now lowers your accuracy if wearing off-style gear.
Thoughts?

I agree with helm, because there is power armor helm, but not boots and gloves :\

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Having an off-class helm honestly should lower your accuracy, but I don't think gloves/boots should affect accuracy. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Thoughts?

I agree with helm, because there is power armor helm, but not boots and gloves :\

http://runescape.wik...i/Bandos_gloves
http://runescape.wik...ki/Bandos_boots
http://runescape.wik...ki/Torva_gloves
http://runescape.wik...iki/Torva_boots

The list goes on :P

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

I really don't like the removal of LP from armor. POP gear gives absolutely paltry LP bonuses now, and even without it I seem to be over 10k LP.

Maybe it was a good idea to assign a bit more LP to Constitution/Hitpoints, but not the vast majority of it...

As far as weapon specs go, there's something I'm not totally clear on - I know that you have to switch weapons to use the Special Attack, but Special Attacks have no cooldown. If you have the adrenaline, you can use the same spec several times in a row.

How does that compete with using thresholds with your main (higher tiered) weapon?

2dgucz6.png

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Played around on the beta a bit. I went and absolutely wrecked a few people using abilities against Legacy users. Glad to see that abilities are far superior to Legacy. I also managed to 2-hit someone with an AGS. Hit them once with a normal attack, and then specced them for a 910. I feel like the spec is a bit ridiculous at the moment, I don't remember it being able to hit that high in the past.

Also fixed <3333333333 It felt amazing to play on fixed again. Legacy DGing was also pretty fun.

Overall, I can see why people miss the old combat system, there are certainly aspects of it that I do miss, but I'll stick with abilities. Wouldn't want to get slower kill rates and all that.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users