Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

That makes the melee weapon dirt cheap in comparison to the mage and range ones.

Yeah i was originally thinking about something like the drygore mace crafted to hinge the drygore long. I wanted to make a scythe weapon i mentioned earlier.

How does that make the range and mage more powerful? Stats havent been plugged in yet.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That makes the melee weapon dirt cheap in comparison to the mage and range ones.

Yeah i was originally thinking about something like the drygore mace crafted to hinge the drygore long. I wanted to make a scythe weapon i mentioned earlier.

How does that make the range and mage more powerful? Stats havent been plugged in yet.

Well, the melee weapon would need a chaotic which costs little gp, but time, while the mage/range you mentioned require fairly rare drops from a fairly rare boss.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The way I see it, range will need a shortbow, a 2h crossbow, and a shield bow to be equal..

Mage just needs a staff

The t90 2h weapons should come in slash, stab, and crush variants.

• Like 1

I dont think we will see a large aray of weapons guys. I have a feeling things might get more unique. I think a two handed melee scythe and some other odd types of two handed range and magic items will come. Maybe we will see some kind of t90 javelin? Magic... im not sure of

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The way I see it, range will need a shortbow, a 2h crossbow, and a shield bow to be equal..

Mage just needs a staff

The t90 2h weapons should come in slash, stab, and crush variants.

Its nonsense to claim ranged needs all 3 of those  to be 'equal'

At t90 weapons you can do wtf you like ignoring weaknesses, so for it to be equal all it needs is 1 2h weapon that gets the 150% damage output of 2h weapons aka anything 2h you like other than a shield bow.

All we really strictly need from the t90 2hs to achieve equality is 1 melee, 1 ranged and 1 mage with the style of the range and melee options being irrelevant beyond not a shield bow. I mean its not like all 3 drygore sets have purposeful and niches uses, the choice is basically entirely cosmetic.

@Urza's point - I think magic staff is a safe bet. I mean in the entire spectrum of magic weapons we have wands, orbs, books and staves - there isn't really anything else you can do for a magic weapon, especially not for something two handed. As for the ranged t90 I somehow doubt it'd be thrown like a javelin because they are hard to balance rarity of cost wise vs the other 2 due to being consumables; plus there is a lack of thrown weak high end mobs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Shieldbow is the equivalent of a 1hander+shield, so it doesn't fit with the others.

Besides, no mention of thrown weapons?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Shieldbow is the equivalent of a 1hander+shield, so it doesn't fit with the others.

Besides, no mention of thrown weapons?

Shieldbow is the only way to have arrow attack style with a shield.

With melee you can just use mace, rapier or longsword with a shield; with magic you can just change spell.

With ranged you can get bolt and thrown using 1h plus shield, but no other way for arrow.

But since a shieldbow is technically a 1h weapon+a shield, I don't think that would be dropped by this boss since it's technically not a 2h weapon.

(But can shieldbows use Dazing shot though?)

Shieldbows can use the dazing shot and incendiary shot. They are 2h weapons, but count as 1h damage, and can use both 2h and shield abilities.

Regardless, I would like to see a 2h melee weapon, staff, and a shortbow and shieldbow from this boss..

Heeyyyy speaking of unconventional weapons, instead of making it something too normal like a scythe, or a halberd, etc.

What if the melee weapon was some sort of 2h sword, but with a hammer head at the end, and it would count as both a slash and a crush weapon?

Then have the ranged weapon work like Crystal bow and Zaryte, providing its own ammo, except the ammo would be a special kind of magical ammo that counts as both arrow and bolt?

Then make it so the Magic weapon could function like dual wield, as in you could set two different spells to it but it would work as a staff instead of wand+book/orb.

It's probably not going to be any of those, but I think that would be a pretty cool way of making the Lv. 90 2h weapons special compared to the dual wield ones.

(On a different note though, they should have had a 2h Ascension crossbow released along with the dual wield ones, they even had concept art for it.)

I would like 2h weapons, over dual wield, personally.

Half the cost, half the upkeep, also big.

Yes, that would be interesting. Dual weild has that ability, for ancients.. Smoke and shadow for a 5% attack and strength debuff, can be done quite easy by just doing a few autoattacks.

With a staff, though, if you can't do two spells, perhaps let the first spell be twice as effective with the effect

I think on the whole there is a missing market of more hybridised weapons.

They sold the mix and match of eoc up as such a big feature but with hybrid armours sucking on the whole and the penalty of wrong class you can't really do a whole lot.

Dual mage having 2 spells and the possibility of mixing slash/stab/crush 1hs is about all you can feasibly do. 

I think there could be a lot be gained by creating more interesting purposefully hybrid weapons, especially if they focused on the in-between points of the combat triangle. So mage/range, range/melee and melee/mage hybrids.

Enchanted bolts could even play in to that hybridisation, as could the notion of enchanting swords. Whilst the range/melee ground could be used to play up poisons using assassiny-type weapons - potential here as well to side-step halberds into this category (the idea of melee fighting with more range) and play up defenders with some sort of parrying-type effect. And having specifically hybrid weapons could overcome ability difficulties by letting them access both ability pools. So a 2h mage/melee wep would be able to use both 2h melee and 2h magic abilities.

In someways I feel the system as whole could benefit from the literal introduction of these hybrids as classes opposed to generic hybrid or all and leave a sort of 'holy grail' total hybrid in the middle of the triangle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also, defenders do parry in beta. Only against melee, but it still exists.

Still dead content.

It would be a nice little effect if it wasn't for the fact stats wise they are still a bad off-hand dagger that can't attack or conversely an extremely bad shield.

They really need to make them into an actually off-hand weapon opposed to a bad shield and make them equal to daggers in their attacking stats and THEN they might be remotely useful, thought of course only within their given tier; but there would be nothing stopping them adding in t70+ variants if they so wanted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Eh, defenders still do attack on autoattacks. The problem is that their accuracy is equal to a weapon half their tier, which is a pointless double penalty on top of their reduced off-hand damage. I feel like they could make defenders pretty relevant again if they were given shield abilities, had their accuracy equalled to weapons of their tier, and a chaotic upgrade.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Pop defenders up to t80 or 85, give them damage equal to half that of a regular off hand of their tier, and allow them to use duel wield and shield abilities.

Ba da boom, useful

Yes, it's agreed in combat beta forums that this could be solved by upping the tiers of defenders.

Mod daze is looking at it to make it an item for all classes and he's testing out if it's feasible to combine both shield/dw abilities whilst using defenders... My take on it: healing abilities shouldn't work but it should boost Reflec definetly. Always saw the defender as someting more offensive, despite it's name :P.

Or specific defender ability you can get from guild called "Parry" which when timed exactly with opponents stun, stuns opponent for a short amount (2-3s) with a 100-150 autoattack.

ah one can dream

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)