Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Whilst it doesnt produce new playable content, I am happy to take the elf graphical rework as a proper piece of content for a week if the temple of light and underground pass all look as good as Lletya do in that video, simply because of how much graphical and design resources it takes to rework an area.   It was awesome late 2012, early 2013 when they did loads of graphical reworks, like Al Karid, Rimminton, Draynor, GWD, most of the dungeons, castle wars, the grand tree and tzaar areas and its been a shame that we haven't really seen many in the last year since then as I think they really improve the feel of the game.

Other than that, the new quest looks like good fun and whilst the skillchompas won't effect me, I'm sure some will use them a lot.

As for legacy I still feel the same way as many others, whats the point.... it seems to me that the only place its going to be useful is PVP, as all those who visited Jagex and played it all seem to have concluded that it's a lot less inneficient in PVM (as expected), and lets be honest in 2k14 efficiency scape that makes it redundent. Why couldnt they just have saved a bunch of development time and made some momentum only worlds (without use of and abilities) and achieved the  same thing.

Not even a graphical rework... its a polishing they mentioned. They are brushing up on textures and lighting.

If you watched the video you'd see what is presumably lleyta is more than just texture and lighting changes.
Yeah i saw that, but other than that its supposed to be mostly texturing and lighting in the other places. This was something confirmed by a mod some time ago.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not even a graphical rework... its a polishing they mentioned. They are brushing up on textures and lighting.

If you watched the video you'd see what is presumably lleyta is more than just texture and lighting changes.

Yeah i saw that, but other than that its supposed to be mostly texturing and lighting in the other places. This was something confirmed by a mod some time ago.

They said that was the plan a while ago yes, however Lleyta's look clearly contradicts this which would infer the plan changed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

2Ja0run.png

I'm really not liking the look of this.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Welp, I hope that boss isn't a comp/trim req, because I'll never be able to fight it.

I really do wish they'd reconsider this Legacy nonsense. It's a waste of time.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I completely agree this Legacy crap is a huge waste of time.

But what I don't get is why does everyone keep saying they can't fight a spider boss....

I mean come on! it isn't a real spider you need to kill with your bare-hands in real life....

What do you all do when you see a real spider, cry?

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I completely agree this Legacy crap is a huge waste of time.

But what I don't get is why does everyone keep saying they can't fight a spider boss....

I mean come on! it isn't a real spider you need to kill with your bare-hands in real life....

What do you all do when you see a real spider, cry?

Yes.

• Like 5

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

there is a very specific reason why people have made skyrim mods to make the spiders something else (even though roughly half of them are just jokes)

i still find the chaurus cave to be a million times worse than the spiders

8f14270694.jpg

Oh and legacy mode beta to, but alas I could not give a monkeys about upgraded momentum version 2 layered with a nostalgia-scape interface cosmetic override purporting to be some magically saviour that will fix all the ills of eoc by pandering to those who refuse to deal with change and need to be tricked into thinking they've got old combat back, when it;s not really at all.

Cool rant bro.

NIS has had bugs present ever since its release. Those were reported countless times and were never fixed.

Letting people use the old interface over the NIS is a good thing because a fixed interface normally wouldn't come with all the problems you get from NIS.

The concept of being able to make your interface into whatever you want to make it look like is good... except it doesn't look like Jagex is competent enough to make it work.

I can agree for the combat side of Legacy mode, but the whole point behind the NIS was to allow you to make your interface look the way you wanted it to look.

Want to position certain windows wherever you want on the screen to give your interface your own personalized look? Check.

Want to change the interface's look and feel instead of being forced to use the blue and yellow look? Tough luck.

Want to make your interface look exactly like it used to be before the NIS? Oh no you can't do that either. Why not though? Not allowing people to have the old interface pretty much defeats the purpose of the NIS. :/

Then there's the bugs and quirks with the NIS that have never been fixed, such as (but not limited to):

- Several parts of the interface moving around, one pixel at a time, each time you load the game;

- It not being possible to have a dynamic interface — pre-NIS, if you resized your game screen, things such as the interface stones would automatically resize themselves to match the new screen size. With the NIS? Change your screen size, things get detached from where they stood, things get distorted, things completely change position, etc.

I want to be able to have my interface look the way I want it to. It is technically do-able with the NIS, but as it look like Jagex probably won't be willing to put in the effort to make it work, a fixed, pre-NIS interface is the only other solution.

Has anyone thought that even though bandos uprooted the goblins, ogres, etc. from their heritage that most of it can be salvaged and meshed with the bandosian way? That will probably be zaniks point of interest. That and the world they live in now is something they must deal with and cope with using the knowledge they have. Albeit that knowledge is pretty much a simplified teaching of the strongest leads and the weak die. I really can't help, but think the 'spirit' of bandos way of thinking will live on despite his death. I think jagex will use the death of bandos to show that their way of living will pretty much live on if not then for a very long, long time.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

zanik will probably soapbox at length at how they need to establish a strong community to prevent another god from taking over their civilization, but then they will pelt her with cabbages

• Like 3

8f14270694.jpg

Oh and legacy mode beta to, but alas I could not give a monkeys about upgraded momentum version 2 layered with a nostalgia-scape interface cosmetic override purporting to be some magically saviour that will fix all the ills of eoc by pandering to those who refuse to deal with change and need to be tricked into thinking they've got old combat back, when it;s not really at all.

Cool rant bro.

NIS has had bugs present ever since its release. Those were reported countless times and were never fixed.

Letting people use the old interface over the NIS is a good thing because a fixed interface normally wouldn't come with all the problems you get from NIS.

The concept of being able to make your interface into whatever you want to make it look like is good... except it doesn't look like Jagex is competent enough to make it work.

I can agree for the combat side of Legacy mode, but the whole point behind the NIS was to allow you to make your interface look the way you wanted it to look.

Want to position certain windows wherever you want on the screen to give your interface your own personalized look? Check.

Want to change the interface's look and feel instead of being forced to use the blue and yellow look? Tough luck.

Want to make your interface look exactly like it used to be before the NIS? Oh no you can't do that either. Why not though? Not allowing people to have the old interface pretty much defeats the purpose of the NIS. :/

Then there's the bugs and quirks with the NIS that have never been fixed, such as (but not limited to):

- Several parts of the interface moving around, one pixel at a time, each time you load the game;

- It not being possible to have a dynamic interface — pre-NIS, if you resized your game screen, things such as the interface stones would automatically resize themselves to match the new screen size. With the NIS? Change your screen size, things get detached from where they stood, things get distorted, things completely change position, etc.

I want to be able to have my interface look the way I want it to. It is technically do-able with the NIS, but as it look like Jagex probably won't be willing to put in the effort to make it work, a fixed, pre-NIS interface is the only other solution.

Cool rant bro.

You'll note I never actually said there was anything wrong with either legacy combat or the interface override.

I simply said I, personally, do not care for a further upgraded momentum or for what is essentially a cosmetic override to the interfaces.

Especially in the given context that Jagex is purporting the combined thing to be some magically fix that will solve all the issues of combat and resurrect pvp, whilst also heavily plugging it as old combat returning when it is not really any different from a boosted momentum with a cosmetic reskin to make things look like they used to.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sure, Sy. Sure. :rolleyes:

Using terms with negative connotation to describe Legacy mode and then saying you don't think it's anything bad.

It's not like you talked about legacy mode as if it was only legacy combat or anything, which if you've read my post you would have noticed I agreed on the combat side of things.

The Mighty Fall is confirmed to come out monday by Mod Kelpie on twitter.

Yelps 4 next ascendant

Still spinning to win I see.

97JJ7.gif

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The Mighty Fall is confirmed to come out monday by Mod Kelpie on twitter.

Yelps 4 next ascendant

Still spinning to win I see.

97JJ7.gif

All I hear is him going "Woooo hoooooo"

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Sure, Sy. Sure. :rolleyes:

Using terms with negative connotation to describe Legacy mode and then saying you don't think it's anything bad.

It's not like you talked about legacy mode as if it was only legacy combat or anything, which if you've read my post you would have noticed I agreed on the combat side of things.

But I did not use terms with negative connotations to describe legacy mode and nor did I remotely imply it was ONLY combat.

Let's take another look at what I actually wrote shall we.

"Oh and legacy mode beta to, but alas I could not give a monkeys about" - Perfectly neutral language, expressing my disinterest in the legacy mode beta.

"upgraded momentum version 2" - My opinion of what the legacy combat is, again no negative language here - momentum serves a purpose and if anyone cares to look back to older threads I have previously mentioned being quite happy with the notion of it being buffed to compete with abilities and even pointed out before in essence this is all Legacy is doing and therefore having both side by side is redundant seeing as they serve the same niche and one will render the other useless.

"layered with a nostalgia-scape interface cosmetic override" - oh look here's a specific reference to the interface portion of things and once more not a negative word in sight, unless in some alternate reality 'nostalgia' is synonymous with bad. It is simply a fact the old interface, and the desire for it, at this point is driven by something nostalgic - be it nostalgia for a return to an interface you deem more workable due to NIS issues or nostalgia for the look of it. It is a form of nostalgia. And as I mentioned already, that is not necessarily a bad thing.

"purporting to be some magically saviour that will fix all the ills of eoc by pandering to those who refuse to deal with change and need to be tricked into thinking they've got old combat back, when it;s not really at all." - Ah here is some nice negative stuff, but note nothing here is about what legacy actually IS, it is about what it is purporting to be aka what Jagex is making it out to be and the market they seem to be aiming it at (eg players who have long since quit or have refused to have anything to do with eoc combat and re thus quite out of touch with how the game has developed as seen in their special guest testers for the live stream). And this is where my disagreement lies - I think it is wrong that they are hyping it up to be something more than it actually is and acting as if it is some magic cure that fixes everything wrong with combat at present.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The spider boss is going to drop t90 2hs... or something. We don't know if it is going to drop the weapons, or the stuff to make it, ect..

But, I think it should drop the 2hs or stuff to make it, as well as something to modify barrows weapons with. 

Maybe make the items for that rare or untradable, so that you'd have to be good at the boss to get the t90 barrows weapons, because they would be working with the barrows sets.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The spider boss is going to drop t90 2hs... or something. We don't know if it is going to drop the weapons, or the stuff to make it, ect..

But, I think it should drop the 2hs or stuff to make it, as well as something to modify barrows weapons with.

Maybe make the items for that rare or untradable, so that you'd have to be good at the boss to get the t90 barrows weapons, because they would be working with the barrows sets.

I could see it...

T90 melee two handed weapon (smythe)

Puncture

Requires chaotic maul (main component), arachnis mandibles (secondary component) and gloomweave silk (binding component).

T90 ranged two handed weapon (shieldbow)

Sting

Requires zaryte (main component), arachnis forelegs (secondary component) and gloomweave silk (binding component).

T90 magic two handed weapon (staff)

Venom

Requires virtus wand (main component), arachnis spindle, arachnis broken leg and gloomweave silk (binding component)

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That makes the melee weapon dirt cheap in comparison to the mage and range ones.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum