Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clan Month - The Beginning + Character Name Clean-up - One day Countdown

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Clan Month - The Beginning

In the run up to the legendary Clan Cup - kicking off on the 1st of September - we’ve made some awesome improvements to your game, and the Clan Monthsees the introduction of some epic rewards for clans.

Clan Month

Our Clan Month will be running until 31st August and now is certainly the best time to be in a clan! From 4th August, those of you in a clan will benefit from the following bonuses:

• XP from all skill plots in the citadel increased to 140%
  • Clan Avatar XP buff increased to 10/5%
  • Clan Avatar damage protection increased to 10%
  • Clan Avatar heal over time increased to 4% every 5 minutes
  • Bonus XP from quartermaster increased to 140%
  • Fealty XP from clan cloak increased to 140%

There will be plenty of clan-themed podcasts, live streams, and competitions throughout the month, too. Keep an eye on the news, then gather your friends and drum up some clan camaraderie!

Clan Improvements

On top of that we’ve been hard at work improving all things clan related. We've introduced a number of permanent changes - based on your feedback:

• The Clan Camp has been rearranged, making it more accessible and easier to use
  • Burthorpe has a new clan recruitment area, complete with vexillum stands and a teleport flag
  • Your last-joined guest clan chat will be remembered, and you’ll automatically rejoin it when you log in
  • There's now a link to the clan homepage on the vexillum interface

Get Ready!

Sign-ups for the Clan Cup start from mid-August, and details of the Clan Month's swathe of awesome events will be coming really soon. Keep your eyes glued to the news for full clan-tastic details.

Does your clan have what it takes?

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• Our 1000th music track - Book of a Thousand Songs - is now live in-game, and will be unlocked as soon as you log in. If you've unlocked all 1000 of the game's tracks, you'll also get access to a rockin' new emote.
  • A number of tweaks and improvements have been made to the Demon Slayer quest. This includes new rewards: a wand and a lore book. If you've already completed the quest, speak to Gideon Bede in Varrock Chapel.
  • Armadyl's Tower has been moved a short way south, closer to the White Knight Camp.

Character Name Clean-Up – One-Day Countdown

As promised, here’s the latest information on the character name release. The first batch (A-C) of character names will be made available for name changes tomorrow!

So, at around 2pm BST on 5th August, all you’ll need to do is head straight into game to check if the name you’re after is available. If you’ve already changed your name in the last month, you can use a Bond to change it again.

Please note: this is the first time we’ve freed up so many character names and offered them for name changes, and demand is likely to be high. We’ll be carefully monitoring and maintaining the systems that manage the name-change service, but we ask for your patience and understanding, should the system run slowly or experience periods of downtime.

After listening to your feedback, we’ve decided to publish the list of character names 24 hours after the time listed above – so, around 2pm BST on Wednesday.

If you need a little inspiration, check the list out, but remember - the list will be accurate at the time of the release but will quickly be out of date as character names are taken. We cannot guarantee that a name appearing on the list will still be available.

The RuneScape Team

Patch Notes

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Hi all,

The next system update will include some changes to the way the Wilderness Warbands D&D works.

When looting from a warband camp you will not be attackable until you either finish looting, or stop interacting with the camp. This immunity is removed if you find the Wand of Treachery as usual.
If you are carrying any type of warband supply, you can be attacked by any amount of people regardless of their combat level or wilderness zone(single-way or multi-way wilderness zone).
Dying to NPCs with warband supplies will now destroy them, PKing supplies will remain the same as before.
The warning message for your PK skull timer refreshing when looting from a camp will now only display once per 2mins to avoid chat box spam.

Thanks,

Mod Harrison
RuneScape QA

gl altbands

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Woot so excited about this clan updates!  It should help encourage more people to skill at the citadel and take advantage of clan avatars.  The link directing them to the clan homepage is also great and frees up the link to a clan thread for other things ;).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience

Goodbye rhino's, hello Ava's..........

Now, if only my Ava could carry things for me as well :)

the_lad_1.png

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RSN:Bouwzie

So if you pk supplies, does that mean you are attackable by anyone?

2j3qh46.jpg

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None

Soooooooooooooo many changes... Can't keep up. :wacko:

But that Engine Fix... I can see a lot of people going nervous today! :ohnoes:

~D. V. "I couldn't have seen this coming." Devnull

Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

I just got that popup ten minutes ago - maybe it will be gone for good this time.  At least the client never bugs me with it!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:flyingjj

• Asphyxiate, Destroy and Rapid Fire will no longer stun NPCs. 

:(

Posted Image

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

• Asphyxiate, Destroy and Rapid Fire will no longer stun NPCs. 

:(

It still does bind tho.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Abdulla
[ Display Name History ]

Abdulla

Mish3000

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • RSN:Abdulla
  • RSN '07:Mish
  • Clan:Afrobros

so pumped for name changes

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Im going to have to wait forever to see 'urza'. By then the guy would have logged on him.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
Someone logged onto Steph :( I'm looking out for Pure but I don't know any other names I would want
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Why would they move the clan notice board to the BACK of the camp?

8f14270694.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Why would they move the clan notice board to the BACK of the camp?

To hide the "all your gps are belong to us" message, of course!

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Huge Noob
[ Display Name History ]

Huge Noob

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
  • RSN:Huge Noob
  • RSN '07:Huge Noob
  • Clan:CoE

Nooo, I'm working my day off tomorrow. That means I won't get a chance to change my name for like 4-8 hours after it's live (depending if I work a full day or not). All of the cool/good names will be gone by then, that SUCKS so much. :(

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

No chance to log on for a minute through your phone or anything during a break?  :o

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

MPM
[ Display Name History ]

MPM

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:MPM

Does anyone know where the list was posted?  I'm curious to see it but can't find it anywhere.

~M

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Does anyone know where the list was posted? I'm curious to see it but can't find it anywhere.

There is a 24 hour grace period for players to get names they want before its publicly released.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts

Ugh. Sat for an hour and a half, clicking non stop, only to have the name I've been chasing for years taken. Very unhappy, as I'm sure many others are.

MPM
[ Display Name History ]

MPM

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:MPM

Does anyone know where the list was posted? I'm curious to see it but can't find it anywhere.

There is a 24 hour grace period for players to get names they want before its publicly released.

Thanks.  I must have misread the dates.

~M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users