[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

So if three Ironman accounts fight the KK, and none hit it for at least 50% of the damage, where does the drop go?

Narnia.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So if three Ironman accounts fight the KK, and none hit it for at least 50% of the damage, where does the drop go?

Narnia.
Sounds like one of those bar jokes runescape-style.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Narnia.

Could be more of an existential-type question.

If the Kalphite King dies, and no players are present, does it drop a drygore?

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Narnia.

Could be more of an existential-type question.

If the Kalphite King dies, and no players are present, does it drop a drygore?

Better nate than lever

And yea I'm not certain who would get that drop, I'm curious.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Wouldn't the above example also mean that all ironman accounts are barred from having seismics? I'd like to think they need to reconsider this a bit for bossing, atleast as far as a few group bosses are concerned. 

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wouldn't the above example also mean that all ironman accounts are barred from having seismics? I'd like to think they need to reconsider this a bit for bossing, atleast as far as a few group bosses are concerned. 

Still get access to Noxious gear though.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

GhUUnU1.jpg

It begins.

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

936bfdbdeb.png

Source: Reddit.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So was the ironman update pushed back?

The plan was to beta test it first, right?  And it seems that's started, for the people who were invited.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Judging by a forum sticky in future updates, release of ironman mode seems to be the week starting 20th October.

Haven't read back through the thread, but anybody know how Ironman mode will work with Refer a friend?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

[spoiler=Full details]

New Ironman mode information:

dbffb46725.png

or Test Summary:

Hi everyone,

Following this week's Behind the Scenes video about Ironman Mode, we thought it'd be good to provide a summary of information for players looking for more details.

Ironman Mode in inspired by the community created Ironman Challenge, which tasks players with creating a new character and playing entirely self sufficiently - with no help from other players. By creating an official mode we're able to provide proper in-game features, hiscores and a common ruleset for all participants.

Mod Ryan has put together this outline for Ironman Mode in RuneScape:

- Self sufficient gameplay with minimal interaction with other players
- Available to both F2P and P2P players
- Ironman is activated upon account creation; existing accounts can't be converted
- Unique chat badges, one for Ironman and one for Hardcore Ironman
- Unique titles relating to the mode you’re playing in
- You cannot trade with other players
- You cannot gain assistance from other players
- You cannot use the GE to buy any items except bonds
- A large amount of minigames that involve player interaction have been disabled
- Sinkholes and Warbands D&Ds are disabled
- Dungeoneering can only be soloed
- PvP XP is disabled
- Lootshare is disabled
- You cannot pick up items that other players have dropped or earned
- You only receive monster drops if you've done over 50% of the damage
- XP from monsters is awarded proportionally to your damage contribution
- Recruit a friend XP bonus will not work on an Ironman account
- Treasure Hunter is disabled
- Solomons store is still available
- Each mode has their own unique hiscores
- Ability to purchase disabler items at a cost that allows you to downgrade should you ever wish to (Hardcore Ironman > Ironman > Current gameplay)
- Bonds can be traded IN only, so earn membership from your main account
- Bonds can be purchased and redeemed for membership and runecoins but not Treasure Hunter keys
- Bonds cannot be sold but an Ironman can receive a bond from another player
- Secret button combination required on account creation to unlock the option to enable Ironman mode

Hardcore Ironman specific:
- Death is permanent, if you die you will no longer be able to log into game worlds (you can still talk in the lobby)
- Death in a ‘safe area’ where you would normally respawn without losing any items or having a gravestone will not count as a real death in Hardcore ironman mode meaning you will respawn
- Ability to purchase extra lives at a cost: 1st purchase – 1000 level total and 100,000gp, 2nd purchase – 1600 level total and 10,000,000gp.
- You will not get a gravestone on death if you die and still have lives remaining

…and that about sums it up! There's a bit more detail in our previous Ironman update thread if you've still got questions.

The details for Ironman Mode in Old School RuneScape can be found in their recent devblog.

Ironman Mode is entering closed beta testing next week, and you can get a preview by watching livestreams of our closed beta on the RuneScape twitch.tv channel on Monday. Beyond that, we are aiming for a launch some time in October - we hope you’re as excited as we are!

Thanks,
Mods Ryan, Pips, Easty, Drew, Philip, Kelpie.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,632,65486939

Judging by a forum sticky in future updates, release of ironman mode seems to be the week starting 20th October.

Haven't read back through the thread, but anybody know how Ironman mode will work with Refer a friend?

It will not work with Refer-a-friend.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Maybe not with the exp, but how about the free week of members for the account that made the referral? :P

Oh haha.  Maybe, haven't heard either way.  I guess it could be done without breaking things, by the same logic as bonds.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

mn7m0Pn.png

Had that aswell lol. Obviously didn't abuse it but was pretty fun.

Female character was automatic and it's effort to change it, okay?

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

QC in friends chat only. They disabled the chat badges for now until they can fix it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

So how is the Beta? Can you answer some questions:

Monster drops: Items (Armor/Runes,etc)?

Quest rewards (Exp)?

MTK?

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

From screeny thread:

Ironman's going well, 500k cashpile and some decent stats. Offhand rune mace took me ages to get from Greater Demons though:

GJpon7g.png

2ctdPul.png

Also lucked out with a nature tally RDT drop, so can do this:

IOp40bi.png

Basic things/how to get stuff:

At 40 range, Yew Shortbow, Dried Zombies in Desert

At 30 mage buy a Battlestaff, buy it for 6k, use abilities so you don't need runes.

For training stats up to 30, use this cave:

UEwZ2Lz.png

2h shop just east of the cave that sells up to addy 2h.

For rune, get a Scimitar from Cockroach Soldiers, offhand mace from Greater Demons (May take some time >_>)

If you luck out with a Rune 2h RDT drop? I'm envious.

Slayer is fun. Runespan is highly recommended, and most of all google is your friend when it comes to finding out how to get items.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]