[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

That feeling when you finally get a water talisman from killing skeletons... finally... lol

Edit: I am also wondering if Ironmans will get bonus XP in the upcoming bonus XP weekends, I hope not... Though otherwise I will just train woodcutting and firemaking as I don't really like those and I get no resources from them anyway (because I burn the logs ;) )

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

That feeling when you finally get a water talisman from killing skeletons... finally... lol

Edit: I am also wondering if Ironmans will get bonus XP in the upcoming bonus XP weekends, I hope not... Though otherwise I will just train woodcutting and firemaking as I don't really like those and I get no resources from them anyway (because I burn the logs ;) )

It's stated in the weekend facts they won't this time.

• Like 2
chaosoffar.png

I understand Ironman is about soloing the game, bur really? excluding us from bonus XP weekend, while everyone else can get up to 3+ times xp? Dick move Jagex.

Personally I don't like XP-weekends at all. If only for the people that are not able to play that weekend. But also for the feeling that you just have to make use of it. But yeah I agree that I don't see a valid reason why just ironman should not be able to participate, I feel sorry for the ironman people who like the bonus XP weekends. 

@chaosoffar, what are those weekend facts? where can I find them? :)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

So Jagex's logic appears to be: we just realized Ironman mode; therefore, we don't want to run the tables with an event like this so soon.  There's hope for future weekends.

I understand Ironman is about soloing the game, bur really? excluding us from bonus XP weekend, while everyone else can get up to 3+ times xp? Dick move Jagex.

Personally I don't like XP-weekends at all. If only for the people that are not able to play that weekend. But also for the feeling that you just have to make use of it. But yeah I agree that I don't see a valid reason why just ironman should not be able to participate, I feel sorry for the ironman people who like the bonus XP weekends. 

@chaosoffar, what are those weekend facts? where can I find them? :)

Try this page.

Actually never mind, I'm not sure that page is 100% correct, or maybe they forgot to add things, because #7 is obviously a hangover.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ah thanks :) If Ironman are able to benefit from future events it might help construction a lot... So maybe saving money for construction on an Ironman might be the best way to level it :P

Retired item crew

It just goes to show how hard it is to please everyone.

Lots of free xp?  "You're ruining the game Jagex and the sky is falling!"

No bonus xp?  "HEY we feel left out!"

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

^Well yeah, but probably there are multiple kinds of people that play ironman. So the people who don't like lots of free XP might be different people than the ones that want bonus XP weekends. You will mostly only hear the people that disagree with the current/future situation, and not the ones that are happy with it.

Edit: Also Ironman seems to be misunderstood a lot (or at least at the official runescape forums), by people who just want a harder mode instead of doing everything yourself. Though I personally dislike getting a lot of free XP by doing nothing (already not liking how fast I level up by questing, and that is only a tiny bit), I don't think it fits into the Ironman description to let those things out. But it may be (as I am myself) that most Ironman players also dislike getting lots of XP free, for which it would make sense to let those things out.

Retired item crew

I nearly jumped out of my chair when I finally got my RDT nature talisman drop.

• Like 1

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I've had 4 nature talisman drops... Rex's RDT rate is so damn high :(

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 1 month later...

Ok, heres my biggest problem with hardcore ironman:

1. with how careful you need to be with your account, a hardcore ironman should have free membership, considering a key element in ironmans is high alching, which generates all the money. at lvl 45 runecraft as a member, you can make nature runes, but as a f2p, you cannot. what would really help us all is if the hardcore ironmans got the ability to at least make nature runes and law runes.

2. the ability to drink and use potions can be extremely important to hardcore ironmans. potions can give buffs that allow us to not die as fast in the wild or wherever we are in the runescape world.

3. slayer is one of the most important skills for members, but can help alot of hardcore ironmans considering slayer monsters drop amulets and other items.

4. fletching is very very important for every player in runescape, ironman or not, because it is used to make arrows and bows. as an ironman, the only obtainable ways to get arrows are buying them from archery stores or killing monsters in game. same as number 1, all fletching and runecrafting items should be available to ironmans and hardcore ironmans.

IF ANY OF THESE(#1 BEING MOST IMPORTANT) WAS ADDED TO THE IRONMAN MODES, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION!!!!!!!

A better source for nature runes would be nice, but giving people free membership isn't exactly a lucrative business model!  Maybe drop tables could be slightly different for HC ironmen, like they were prior to the change to make runes more valuable?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Ok, heres my biggest problem with hardcore ironman:

1. with how careful you need to be with your account, a hardcore ironman should have free membership, considering a key element in ironmans is high alching, which generates all the money. at lvl 45 runecraft as a member, you can make nature runes, but as a f2p, you cannot. what would really help us all is if the hardcore ironmans got the ability to at least make nature runes and law runes.

2. the ability to drink and use potions can be extremely important to hardcore ironmans. potions can give buffs that allow us to not die as fast in the wild or wherever we are in the runescape world.

3. slayer is one of the most important skills for members, but can help alot of hardcore ironmans considering slayer monsters drop amulets and other items.

4. fletching is very very important for every player in runescape, ironman or not, because it is used to make arrows and bows. as an ironman, the only obtainable ways to get arrows are buying them from archery stores or killing monsters in game. same as number 1, all fletching and runecrafting items should be available to ironmans and hardcore ironmans.

IF ANY OF THESE(#1 BEING MOST IMPORTANT) WAS ADDED TO THE IRONMAN MODES, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION!!!!!!!

I assume all your points are about f2p hc ironman?

1. No, why should hc ironman get free membership? If you want those benefits you have to buy them like the other members (seems unfair to normal members). Yes f2p should have a better source of nature runes (whole f2p, not only ironman), I don't see the big need for law runes as we have lodestones now.

2. I don't get what your point is, is it that f2p hc ironman should have access to herblore? I disagree, herblore is not a necessary skill in f2p. 

3. Erm, this sounds to me like you just want slayer... slayer is fun, but it isn't one of the most important skills, there are some nice drops but (in p2p) there are also nice drops if you don't slay. I don't see any reason for f2p hc ironman to be able to slay.

4. Yes I agree that f2p should have a way to make ammunition.

Apart from fletching and making nats, which are kind of necessary, the other additions just sound like you want to become p2p. You know that if jagex makes these for hc ironman f2p it would have to make it for whole f2p right? Because otherwise hc ironman have an advantage, while they should just be self sufficient. In my opinion ironman doesn't really fit in the f2p world, and I agree with you that that should be fixed, but your suggestion sounds way to big. Also you are aware that this is a fan-site and not an official unescape forum and that we cannot take things into consideration?

Retired item crew

But Jagex still reads all these forums more than you might think.  Even though they never reply here I bet they still have people reading a good chunk of the discussion threads here from time to time.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

But Jagex still reads all these forums more than you might think.  Even though they never reply here I bet they still have people reading a good chunk of the discussion threads here from time to time.

If they would only reach out like back in day, it might even help RS itself more. A lot of diversity are on these forums and usually those with know-hows resides more externally over the RSOF (internally).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I know :) I was just making sure that he know that this is not official, as it seems to me from the last line he thinks it is ;)

Retired item crew

Just make the shops have stuff again ... I remember hopping from world to world to buy runes and sell them in Falador/Varrock (before G.E.) ... before they changed it to "Personal shops" (or something among the lines)

Un-personalize shops again?  That sort of breaks the "no trading" rule though  :unsure: .  People will inevitably sell stocks from main and repurchase,  They could add more reasonable quantities though, I agree.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I rather not have jagex change the stocks again, they seem to be good in breaking the way shops works :| just who thought it was a good idea to have infinite stock of some things?

Retired item crew