[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what's the most efficient order to train skills in for Ironman? It definitely seems like magic is an important skill to level up early, as well as divination. Summoning would be nice but would require training combats at the same rate. Perhaps agility too, just to save some time traveling around. Getting MTK running with a decent amount of startup cash also seems like a big priority.

Grate_Scot.png

Dg without combat levels is excruciatingly stressful

also my opinions weren't in any particular order

Yeah, you'll get slammed with level 90 bosses after about the tenth floor.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Thieving might also be good to train. Its pretty quick to 99 and elf city provides a lot of pure coins for stuff like construction, not to mention an easy source of seeds, super compost, sharks for food, etc. A lot of the stuff you thieve from elves seems useful for an ironman account.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

of course, you have to do all that stuff to get into there in the first place, so there's that

also, boss fights based on high level equipment always make things tense for players that only live once, it's one thing to do the battles when you're the king of the gear pile, but it's another when you're welfaring

8f14270694.jpg

Yea, always a bit afraid of that 1 death thing I suppose. Although the Dark Lord wasn't too bad, managed to get it done on my noob with a crystal bow and royal dragonhide. Depends how they want to do it I suppose.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

How exactly is Ironman self-sufficient when they still make you team up to do Shield of Arrav and Heroes quests? You still have to find someone to trade with to complete the quests. I guess no one at Jagex was smart enough to just end the quests when the player turns their half in regardless of what half it was.

I purchased a years membership because they said that they were going to do workarounds for those quests..

This is total garbage.

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

You can still trade with other players to swap those items, right?

Yes. You have no choice but to trade with someone else to complete those quests. That is exactly what they said that the workarounds would get rid of.

So self-sufficient just turned into reliant on others.

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

Well then yeah, it should be something that they look into patching eventually, but I don't see that it's a huge deal in the meantime...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

...I'm not sure what your complaint is. Normally, without trading, you'd be unable to do Shield of Arrav and Heroes, plus whatever quests require those (probably quite a lot). Are you saying there should be no trading at all, and those quests (plus any content associated with them) should be inaccessible? Or that, as you said, the workaround should involve the quest just finishing early once your solo part is completed?

Allowing certain quest items to be traded IS the workaround. I suppose you could just not do the quests if this isn't what you want?

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

He wants to be able to do the quest, but without ANY trading in the spirit of Ironman - in other words tweak the quest to make that possible.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I personally don't think that doing multiplayer quests is against the spirit of the ironman, also there are only a few (only 2 I think) that needs multiple people.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They did fulfill workarounds. All that word meant was making it capable to complete. And you can complete them. This is am official Jagex gamemode so they get the say on what qualifies for self sufficient within Ironman.

Nomads requiem requires a game of soul wars still to my knowledge though and it nneeds to be addressed.

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

• 2 weeks later...

Any of the fishing ones are very good. They take 10 raw fish to make, and more often than not you will be able to gather 28 from a single location before it despawns.. So a trade off of some energy and 10 fish for more fish

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

@Steph, ah that makes sense, though I wonder how much a difference it makes.

@Wkw, But why trade in 10 fish to get more fish? Maybe it is because I haven't trained divination yet, but wouldn't it make more sense to just fish them the normal way? It doesn't make sense to me to use 10 fish in order to get 18 more fish (28-10), especially since fishing is pretty afk-able. 

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

@Steph, ah that makes sense, though I wonder how much a difference it makes.

@Wkw, But why trade in 10 fish to get more fish? Maybe it is because I haven't trained divination yet, but wouldn't it make more sense to just fish them the normal way? It doesn't make sense to me to use 10 fish in order to get 18 more fish (28-10), especially since fishing is pretty afk-able. 

Well with rocktail...

You can basically turn 10 raw rocktail and 80 energy into getting 27-28 raw rocktail. Its a trade off, if you would rather fish 17 more rocktail or go to the div colony for 2 minutes

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They're very useful, don't forget you get all the xp from the resources too. Getting 28 rocktail or whatever other resource xp worth in a few seconds is great. So far I'm around 20 farming and 30 herblore from exclusively divine locations, and I haven't even played half of the days since it's been released.

2s0cxth.png