Recent trend to include PvM into Comp Cape, i.e. Rush of Blood [Split]

stonewall337

revo+rocktail brew is all you need to do tho

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

revo+rocktail brew is all you need to do tho

Not really. It's a very complex fight that can be very overwhelming for a novice. Just the other day I was doing some Araxxor kills and someone happened to steal the world from me, as I had to lobby because it wasn't a mage spawn. I decided to stick around and watch him, and even though he had a Yak, Ascensions and other T90 gear, I could tell he was a novice. He seemed scared of getting cleaved/webbed, was constantly anticipating at the wrong time, safing up at the slightest bit of damage, doing loads of auto-attacks (presumably because he was afraid there was a special attack in-coming and what not). Needless to say he didn't last very long. None of his mistakes were terribly hard to overcome; with practice I'm sure he will probably get past it all, but the early learning stages can be difficult. A lot of older players who were here before EoC are not really suited for this new type of style, so it takes them a lot longer to get better/kills.

Drygore and tetsu is pretty easy to come by as a novice pvmer (low end high level pvmer).

Honestly the best araxxor tips for novice players would be:

Araxxor is largely an attack counting game. He uses cleave, webheal and coccoon every 5th attack. Use anticipate or freedom on the 3rd or 4th attack. If he uses webheal its a given the next attack needs prevention.

Once thats down the next build should be to use debilitate and sunshine/deaths swiftness as much as possible.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's the multitasking that takes the most to learn, and is also the thing you take the most for granted once you know it.  Path 1 destroyed me over an over when i was learning, if you let your prayer drop or overload drop, or don't notice a mirror or pulsing it can very quickly cause the spiders to accumulate causing you to freak out even more. Then once they've all spawned and you are still a bit behind you are going to get ruined by it then healing/cleaving/spider stunning you.   i still get better and better at my anticipate/freedoms every time I kill him.

As far as i know, you don't get level 99 skills by only doing things once. Just as skilling requires repetition, so does pvm. You can also build up your pvm skills by going from a simpler monster to a more difficult one(say, graar->kril->qbd->araxxor). When you can easily farm the former one, move on to the more difficult one. Say, just like first doing mage shieldbows and then moving on to elder shieldbows for fletching. 

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

As far as i know, you don't get level 99 skills by only doing things once. Just as skilling requires repetition, so does pvm. You can also build up your pvm skills by going from a simpler monster to a more difficult one(say, graar->kril->qbd->araxxor). When you can easily farm the former one, move on to the more difficult one. Say, just like first doing mage shieldbows and then moving on to elder shieldbows for fletching. 

Of course there is a stark difference between pvm progression where you have to develop actual skills and deal with new circumstances and the progression of clicking on a slightly different button in a make-x interface and sitting back to larger xp pops.

Also there is the contrast in that there isn't really a curve to be good at most skills, you just do (even ones with somewhat of a curve to the meta methods you can just do and still be fine). In PvM there is a curve to learn to get good and curve that if you get stuck on you can't get further.

And of course arguable you do only do a skill once. One experience the gambit of 1-99 once and equally for this boss req you only need to technically do it once - the need for repetition due to potential for failure makes it rather different from skills in that respect. You can't set out to do a 99 skill and fail outright - you might stop or miss your planned deadline but what you have achieved remains. If you fail a boss kill thats it back to square one on progress.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For what it's worth, looking at the requirement list has led me to believe that they'd probably be better suited to knocking some of the trim requirements down than booting regular requirements up, simply because they've been there at the start but are sort of outdated now. Same reason they're bringing down boss requirements, really, they reflect the current direction of the game.

Part of the issue might be the bias toward high-end combat, really. They're knocking down boss tasks but not miniquest and lore requirements that are pretty similar in practice to newer ones on the main cape.

[spoiler=Some ideas]

Trim to Regular:

Vyrelord (Same logic as Elf Titles: you're strengthening your character among a significant faction, except with perhaps more story significance)

Scabarite Notes (Lore book, like all of the godly ones)

Barbarian notes (see above)

Dragonkin notes (above)

Sheep Shearer (miniquest)

Witch's Potion (miniquest)

The only one I'd think to move up to Trim is The Famous, simply because it's redundant alongside The Reaper: you have to both beat every boss at least once and beat every solo boss in a row with debuffs... which kind of strikes me as being like that thing where games don't give you the achievement for beating normal mode after you beat hard mode.

Maybe Annihilator because it's just one of those 'do it for the sake of doing it' things that makes more sense as a trim requirement.

also move thalassus to trim because [bleep] deadliest catch

Thoughts?

Out of that list, you could probably justify all as Comp requirements except the Vyrelord Title. Although it's similar to the Elf titles, at least the Elf City is sort of, now, a major part of the game and a major and important area. Mortanyia (and especially the place where the Vyrewatch live) is pretty peripheral. So I'd keep it as trim.

As for the Famous and Reaper title. I think what happened was, Jagex wanted to push in a hard way PVM requirements for Comp Cape, so they devised the Reaper Title. What ended up happening was a lot of people ended up leeching a lot of the requirements (particularly Araxxor), so they probably devised the Famous title as a way to force people to solo Araxxor.

not very many people leeched araxxor.  i would know

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Good luck leeching Araxxor lmao, duoing just makes it harder especially if one of them starts out with a rage value. Not worth it.

Most people I know leeched Rots (before the leeching "nerf") and Rago, which is honestly pretty sad :L they're both great bosses.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Morvran's Slayer challenge was meant to be a req even in the dev documents, except it was supposed to be trim not regular. What probably happened was that before Ninja Team decided to make the Reaper title to make all bosses regular comp, the Famous title would have clearly been trim based upon previous reqs. However, once Ninja Team moved it to regular comp, they decided that if the bosses were all regular anyway then there was no need for The Famous to be trim anyway and moved it down.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It's the multitasking that takes the most to learn, and is also the thing you take the most for granted once you know it.  Path 1 destroyed me over an over when i was learning, if you let your prayer drop or overload drop, or don't notice a mirror or pulsing it can very quickly cause the spiders to accumulate causing you to freak out even more. Then once they've all spawned and you are still a bit behind you are going to get ruined by it then healing/cleaving/spider stunning you.   i still get better and better at my anticipate/freedoms every time I kill him.

Coming from both a lot of experience in RS PvM and high end WoW raiding, that might be why that boss was so surprisingly simple. If you are used to that style of fighting (raid combat) and RS combat, it's much easier.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

14a53ecb7c.jpg

Have to say it was wayy too hard with only 80 weapon that it was supposed to be I'd say, 20 hours before summoning update using this exact gear and 3 hours after summoning update to finally get it done, and even now I needed bit of rng of only getting 1 tormented demon and no glacors

• Like 1

Have to say it was wayy too hard with only 80 weapon that it was supposed to be I'd say, 20 hours before summoning update using this exact gear and 3 hours after summoning update to finally get it done, and even now I needed bit of rng of only getting 1 tormented demon and no glacors

Maybe you should have been using power armor instead of tank armor and it would have been tons easier? Anyway, as i couldn't try platinum challenge before(hadn't done one of a kind), did my first try at it with subjugation/chaotic staff. It's way too easy to even complain about. No armor switches or tricks necessary. I even got 2 glacor 2 TD(although TD's with steel titan are one of the fastest monsters).

Gawd, I am doing something wrong then! Been @ that ROB since it came out and still can't beat it! Was able to take down the spider and get my Famous Title, but yet I struggle with this 20 wave challenge! 

Someone send me a guide, I'm using 80 weapons and going in with Mage only, I have a hard time switching weapons/gear! Wearing port gear as well.... Have the holy water, aura's. scrimshaw, know about the titan/nibs.... Honestly I think it comes down to lucky spawns and 90 weapons! Thus why I am saving up for a Nox Staff, seeing as everyone pretty much say's it's sooo much easier with this staff.

HELP!

queenvalerie.png

Gawd, I am doing something wrong then! Been @ that ROB since it came out and still can't beat it! Was able to take down the spider and get my Famous Title, but yet I struggle with this 20 wave challenge! 

Someone send me a guide, I'm using 80 weapons and going in with Mage only, I have a hard time switching weapons/gear! Wearing port gear as well.... Have the holy water, aura's. scrimshaw, know about the titan/nibs.... Honestly I think it comes down to lucky spawns and 90 weapons! Thus why I am saving up for a Nox Staff, seeing as everyone pretty much say's it's sooo much easier with this staff.

HELP!

If people can do it with bad RNG and lower gear, it's possible to do.

Whether or not it's possible for you to do is another matter. Don't claim it can't be done because you can't do it alone.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Maybe you should have been using power armor instead of tank armor and it would have been tons easier? Anyway, as i couldn't try platinum challenge before(hadn't done one of a kind), did my first try at it with subjugation/chaotic staff. It's way too easy to even complain about. No armor switches or tricks necessary. I even got 2 glacor 2 TD(although TD's with steel titan are one of the fastest monsters).

Not everyone has money to spend for power armor, well void probably would have been option but I only have melee and range helm

Not everyone has money to spend for power armor, well void probably would have been option but I only have melee and range helm

Full sub is what? 15m, and you can sell it afterwards. And yeah, void is good enough(even slightly better than sub, actually). Using ports armor is pointless anyway(not as though you need the defense).

Another tip i'd throw out there, particularly after the recent update is to use a superior scrimshaw of magic, which provides 4% magic accuracy, which really helps when maging kalgerions/celectials/airuts. Another thing i did was to put a training dummy down in the lobby to get 100% adrenaline at the start of the fight.

• Like 1

HELP!

You can do it with chaotic staff and revolution!

You need:

Void mage helm

Elite void

Tokhaar-kal-mej for ice strykes

Chaotic staff

Chaotic spear for easy switches

Darklight

Dragon rider amulet < amulet of fury

Furocious ring (pay 100 points to unlock morvran dungeon effect)

Runic accurancy < dark magic aura

Scrimshaw of elements < scrimshaw of magic

Bloodfire barrage (most creatures weak to magic/fire)

Ice nihil familiar w/o scrolls (extra dps, 5% damage buff, creature defence bebuff

1 dose Weapon poison ++ for added dps

6-8 Saradomin brew flasks

4 Restores

The trick is using void, furo, fire/ancient spells, nihil and weapon poison for maximum dps.

The brews prevent adrenaline loss.

The ideal actionbar is

Wrack, sonic wave, chain, dragonbreath, slice, kick, fury, wild magic, asphixiate and sunshine. Add your brews and restores somewhere.

TDs trick: autoattack until pray switches to magic. Hit with darklight then switch to spear and use fury if you can. From there try to go between fury, wild magic and asphixiate between switches.

Abuse chain and dragonbreath as much as possible. Tasks like airut, automatons, ganos and jadinkos can be quickly done with sunshine and the right use and possitioning of chain and dragonbreath.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

TDs trick: autoattack until pray switches to magic. Hit with darklight then switch to spear and use fury if you can. From there try to go between fury, wild magic and asphixiate between switches.

If you're not using holy water, what you can do is use sonic wave, and switch to darklight before the damage splat lands. This will disable the shield while the TD has melee prayer on.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

HELP!

If people can do it with bad RNG and lower gear, it's possible to do.

Whether or not it's possible for you to do is another matter. Don't claim it can't be done because you can't do it alone.

Wow! Really? Not once did I say it can't be done  I was asking for tips/help..... but thanks!

Thank you Urza! I will give it a try, appreciate the help!  :)

queenvalerie.png

Gota think beyond just normal DPS rotation too. Stall adren with adren pots, etc.

Stonewall337.png