Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

27 Oct 2014 - Broken Home & Guthixian Caches

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

October 27 2014 - Broken Home & Guthixian Caches

news_large_Broken_Home.jpg

Today's two-headed monster of an update brings you Broken Home - a Halloween horror quest - and Guthixian Caches - a new Divination D&D, just in time for Double XP Weekend!
Read on...if you dare!

Broken Home - Halloween Quest
Members only

Start Broken Home by speaking to Maria, outside the mansion north-east of Varrock. This year's Halloween event started last week, but we wanted to give you more this year - something different, and much darker than you've seen before. Broken Home is a quest well-suited to the season: a harrowing horror story where you'll investigate deaths within a haunted mansion. Unlike the Halloween event, though, it'll remain in RuneScape permanently.

You'll also notice a few differences from a typical RuneScape quest:

The quest is repeatable. Once you've finished it, you can go back and complete it again, as many times as you wish. This allows you to try new things, and unlock additional rewards.
It has an open structure. Once you're in the house, you'll receive no direction. It's down to you to explore, unlock new areas, and find out how its inhabitants died.
There's a save/load system. Upon reaching certain points in the quest, your progress will be saved. If you leave the house and return - or if you die - you will return to your most recent save point. Of course, once you complete it, you'll go back to the beginning.
Most importantly, this quest's all about atmosphere. Stick your headphones on, steel your nerves, and uncover the mansion's darkest secrets.

Rewards

Completing the quest for the first time will earn you:

Small prismatic lamp.
An emote.
A ring with level 30 stats that'll grant you extra food drops when fighting certain enemies.
For the first two weeks after release, there's also an Early Bird Bonus:

Large prismatic lamp (replacing the usual small one).
Large prismatic fallen star.
Boosted damage in the Death's Door Halloween event.
Speak to Maria again once the quest's complete and she'll give you details of how to unlock more rewards on future playthroughs. These include:

More XP lamps, some of which are unlocked at level milestones from 10-90.
A spooky follower to haunt your steps.
An 85 Defence ring with strong combat stats, and a chance to reduce adrenaline cost for thresholds to 0, plus a chance to restore a portion of the cost of special attacks.
Enjoy!

Broken Home's not for the faint of heart, but it's a new type of questing experience that we hope you'll love.

Join the discussion on the forums and let us know what you think!

Mod Ollie and the RuneScape Team

Guthixian Caches - Divination D&D
Members only

Guthixian Caches open for 10 minutes every three hours. Look out for notifications in the chat box, and access them by right-clicking on any divination crater, except the one at the pale wisp colony.
The Ninja Team have been hard at work, cooking up a Divination D&D to keep your training fresh, and getting it out today - bang on time for the Double XP Weekend!

When a Guthixian Cache is announced via the chat box, hop into a wisp colony crater to uncover a lost archive of Guthixian memories.

Once inside, you'll be able to collect memories and cast them into the unstable crater at the cache's centre. There are three types, each earning you more points - although the medium and large memories need levels 45 and 85 in Divination, respectively.

Each cache is guarded by Guthixian automatons, which can cause you to drop any memories you're carrying.

By activating a statue of Cres, you can take on the aspect of the ancient Guardian of Guthix for a time and disable the automatons, also earning points. Again, stopping the more powerful automatons takes level 45 or 85 Divination.

As you deposit memories or disable automatons, you'll earn charges with which to activate temporary boosts within the D&D. These include doubling points earned, immunity to automatons, or disabling all automatons in the area.

Rewards

When the cache closes, you'll be awarded Divination XP based on your level and the number of points you've earned - up to 200 per day.

You'll also get three passive benefits, which last longer the better you perform, up to 20 minutes:

10% chance for double loot from divine locations, at no extra cost to gathering limit.
10% chance to save a charge from a sign of the porter.
10% chance to convert all memories at once.
Note that you must earn at least 5 points to qualify, and will still get this boost even if you've hit your point-gathering limit for XP.

Have Fun!

We hope that Guthixian Caches help keep your training fresh while you're gunning for that XP goal.

Have fun, and let us know what you think on the forums.

Mod Ana and the Ninja Team

In Other News

Two new seasonal hiscores begin today: Dominion Tower - Endurance Mode, and Wilderness PvP kills.
Don't forget - it's Double XP this weekend, running from 12:00 GMT on October 31st until 12:00 GMT on November 3rd. Get prepared!

Patch Notes:

Popoto.~<3

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
cszBY.png
Wtf

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ned
[ Display Name History ]

Ned

Neddybear

• Website Crew
  • 2,786 posts
  • RSN:Animamundi
  • RSN2:Concord
  • Clan:Loot Hunters

I'm curious whether the double loot from divine locations will also mean double XP, as that will make using them with brawling gloves even more hilarious.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Kind of sad that none of the ideas in the Ninja thread (where the Ninja team asked for what rewards we would like to see from this D and D) about signs/portents of life/death were taken.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Hmm, do event, 5 large lamps a day.  (Reasonably long and involved?) quest, one small prismatic lamp.  Is that balanced, you think?  I'm not including the Early Bird stuff but still.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
"You can now use the pickaxe in your tool belt to take down TokHaar-Ket-Dill and TokTz-Ket-Dill's shields."

Kiln just got easier.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Can someone post the end quest rewards?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

They're in the Post at top.

....Okay, I'm never repeating this quest. Holy freaking hell...

Popoto.~<3

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Epic quest! But I'll wait on a guide for the 37 minute challenge. :P

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts

I AM NOT DOING THAT AGAIN.

SOD THE GHOSTS, SOD THE DEMENTED BLOODY CHAIR, SOD THE SOUND EFFECTS....

But seriously, 10/10 but will never do again. NEVER! 

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

Didn't do the quest yet. What I have heard of it so far though points towards 11/10.

The DnD is a definate 100/10. Divination really needed this.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

SOD THE SOUND EFFECTS....

Lol I turned off my sound after the first jump scare :P

Also, lmfao at this reference:

csHkn.png

6Ij0n.jpg

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

csHkn.png

All know '14 is the best.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

wildy pvp and dom tower seasonals.... my two favorite titles and they'll be running during my school break

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

cszBY.png
Wtf

it's for a 5b donation

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Yeah, was just odd that for some reason I had billionaire unlocked, but not millionaire.

They've patched it now though!

6Ij0n.jpg

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

csHkn.png

I remember when that kind of humour was all over runescapes updates. What good times.

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
Can anyone confirm no Defence xp gained during quest?
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

On a scale of 1-10, how likely am I do poop myself during this quest then subsequently have my bones escape my body and leap 4 feet to the left? 

Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Can anyone confirm no Defence xp gained during quest?

Aside from looking up RS Wiki I can't confirm yet, but I may do the quest tonight on a P2P account and then I should know.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users