Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

Update

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik

Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

We wanted to start 2015 off with a bang, and what better way than to introduce 26 mini pet versions of RuneScape's bosses?

You can obtain each pet as a rare drop from their boss counterpart, and the more kills you rack up the more likely it is that you’ll bag a pet. As you reach a certain kill-count threshold, you will get an increased chance of the boss dropping a pet.

Note that these kill counts are retroactive - we've been tracking them since July. Find out your current total in the Beasts interface.

Do you have what it takes to defeat a boss for the ultimate rare drop companion? If you’ve got the guts, test your skills against the following bosses in game for the chance to pick up a Boss Pet:

• Araxxor/Araxxi
  • Kree’arra
  • Commander Zilyana
  • General Graardor
  • K’ril Tsutsaroth
  • Nex
  • Kalphite Queen
  • Kalphite King
  • Corporeal Beast
  • Giant Mole
  • Har-aken
  • King Black Dragon
  • Legio Primus
  • Legio Secundus
  • Legio Tertius
  • Legio Quartus
  • Legio Quintus
  • Legio Sextus
  • Chaos Elemental
  • Dagannoth Prime
  • Dagannoth Rex
  • Dagannoth Supreme
  • Queen Black Dragon
Most of the pets we’ve added have no requirements other than killing their boss counterpart. The exceptions are:

The King and Queen Black Dragonling pets, which both also require 99 Summoning.
Araxxor and Araxxi’s pets - affectionately dubbed Barry and Mallory - which both require you to have unlocked all the previous spider pets from Araxxi.
Plus, we’ve added a Mega Duckling pet into the game - but it’s up to you to find out how to unlock it!

Happy Slaying!

The Ninja Team

In Other News

The Festive Cheer Christmas events have now ended:
All snowboards are now available from Diango/Ianto, but can no longer be equipped.
The Christmas Cracker emote is now unlocked for everyone who donated at least one piece of cracker paper.
Left over snowballs, Christmas food, cracker jokes, paper and presents have been removed.

Patch notes

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

WHAT AN UPDATE, nice ninja week

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

I'm baffled ... how does this actually count as an update ...

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

That patch notes list is huuuuge

"Ironman characters may now play The Great Orb Project. Rewards are restricted to the cosmetic outfits and a single Blood Altar teleport."

Nice to see progress on ironman minigames, now if only the GOP would be active :P Although I rather want Mobilising armies than GOP as I like the outfits more :P

"The quest journals of the following quests have been updated to reflect combat level calculation changes:"

"Updated various NPC chat to remove references to the ongoing Battle of Lumbridge."

These two were long overdue, I wonder why they didn't update them all at once long ago (and I wonder if they now got everything)

Lots of sounds/music being updated is nice too :)

"Players can now automatically fill certain items from within the bank without withdrawing them first, such as Runecrafting pouches."

Finally :D

"There is now a left-click 'Water' option on allotment, hops and flower patches."

Also finally :D

Great patch notes :)

Just look at the patch notes lol... you could call this a patch notes + boss pet update.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

mfw

e6dwJ.png

Edit:

I just paid 8,000 dust for Crystal pick and axe about 4 hours ago. Wow. If only I'd gone to bed instead of "push through and get it done tonight."

I really should go to bed now.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

BTW there is some clock thingy (showing the time .. you know) stuck in my inventory and I cant move it (my inventory just happened to be placed in that space ... it doesn't move with the inventory itself)

Any ideas how to move/remove it ?

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

BTW there is some clock thingy (showing the time .. you know) stuck in my inventory and I cant move it (my inventory just happened to be placed in that space ... it doesn't move with the inventory itself)

Any ideas how to move/remove it ?

There is a toggle in your settings, you can also move it in edit mode

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

I'm baffled ... how can anyone think it does not.

I just paid 8,000 dust for Crystal pick and axe about 4 hours ago. Wow. If only I'd gone to bed instead of "push through and get it done tonight."

I really should go to bed now.

They still cost the same. It's about crystal needles and chisels and stuff.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

I was talking purely about the cosmetic shi*... erm pets.

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy

To me boss pets are one of those things that I wouldn't mind if they didn't exist.. But I guess they're a nice extra reason to kill more of the outdated monsters.

Annoying that TDS and Glacors aren't on that list, even though they're more of a slayer task now they'd make great pets.

I like the addition of a clock too, even though its minor its one of the things thats kept me from playing fullscreen before

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

To me boss pets are one of those things that I wouldn't mind if they didn't exist.. But I guess they're a nice extra reason to kill more of the outdated monsters.

Annoying that TDS and Glacors aren't on that list, even though they're more of a slayer task now they'd make great pets.

I like the addition of a clock too, even though its minor its one of the things thats kept me from playing fullscreen before

TDS and Glacors aren't seen as bosses by jagex, so that is why :P

Retired item crew

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The clock is funny, Jagex. As if we wanted to be reminded of the time! I'm assuming we have to wait for a patch update to convert it to something other than GMT?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

The clock is funny, Jagex. As if we wanted to be reminded of the time! I'm assuming we have to wait for a patch update to convert it to something other than GMT?

They said it is kind of for events :P so people are on the same time. Also I don't mind it being an hour of for me, but why does it flicker on and off... I cannot stand that so I deleted it...
And somehow they thought it was wise to always use the fullest water can :P I rather use the most empty one first (I always take 3-4 watering cans with me while farming)

Retired item crew

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Going to wait a while, for obvious reasons. That said, first kill plz:-

e6oSN.png

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
How about they let us set it to clan time at least? The code should already be there.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

b7f2dba28f.png

8f14270694.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
It would be better if it read our minds and the beam shined when we were missing a key and really needed it before searching halfway across the dungeon! :P
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

minor heads up: if you've done heart of stone, you could go talk to azzandra for a minor goodie

8f14270694.jpg

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
So is the exact chance to get each of these boss pets on a drop known, specifically General Graardor, or not yet? A friend was asking me.
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
~5 hours and 31 ducks later...

MJV9g8y.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic