Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

Leik

Molly drop rate is 2500 with a threshold of 500. The drop rate for hard mode is 500 with no threshold listed so im guessing it stays the same.

Corporeal puppy drop rate is 2500 with a threshold of 500.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So Mod Ryan apparently nerfed the Sign of Death so it that no longer does any damage to reflect immune bosses or if you die by typeless damage, for a number of reasons, but one of the reasons was that it was possible for you to die via Sign of Death and still get the pet even if they died again. That is such a rare circumstance. Why even bother? Is there any other J Mod out there who cares about more irrelevant shit? I really get the feeling that Ryan has a few HLF fanboys who constantly demand that he spend time on content for a really really really small minority of players. Also, the portent of death was a hidden update. Basically portent of death no longer works on any monster above 150 combat. Way to make it dead content. Oh and apparently Mod Ryan was also upset that people were suiciding with Portent of Death to do Araxxor reaper tasks. So what, if they were? You can only get 1 kill per hour with it (since it has a 1 hour cooldown), if they wanna waste their time and get kills with that much hassle, fine, let em. I don't see the problem.

There was also a problem with Rago/Portent of Death, but that could have been fixed no doubt without killing it elsewhere.

This is all hearsay, but it's probably true.

• Like 1

Mod Ryan has bothered me the few times he's responded on twitter. Its so clear that he doesn't care about any players except the hardcore PvM crowd.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I am part of the hardcore PVM crowd, and he annoys even me at times.

Sometimes the hardcore PvM crowd annoys me, but overall I don't have any problems with them. My problem with Ryan is not that he leans towards that crowd, but he seemed unable to understand any viewpoint except that of the hardcore PvM group. I think Ninja Team should be more flexible and he clearly isn't

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

ITT: Casual gamers [bleep]ing about endgame content.

I honestly don't know what ITT stands for, but I guess it is some variation of "TL;DR"?

But really, the criticism against Mod Ryan is massive now. I got nothing against the Hardcore PvMers. If you grind a boss for days/weeks/months/years, get a bit lucky and evolve your skills, sure, have fun. These people should of course recieve some of Jagex's attention as well! But there needs to be some kind of balance. And this whole boss pets update thing sure as *beep* isn't. And that Mod Ryan won't even see that there are people who disagree makes me pissed as *beep*. I fully agree with Helring on this matter.

EDIT: I am not a causal gamer btw, I have done more 'Rago trips and kills than I could count, and got the most attributes of a maxed PvMer.

Sorry for being a bit rant-y, but yeah, really, this ignorance from Ryan makes me a bit pissed off.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

But there is a balance. Mod Ryan is just one guy. How many actual 'endgame' updates have there been in the past year? Two or three? Compared to 30+ updates aimed at the casual player. How is that unfair?

RuneScape did not even have true 'endgame' content until the past few years. I'd say that is pretty poor game design.

But there is a balance. Mod Ryan is just one guy. How many actual 'endgame' updates have there been in the past year? Two or three? Compared to 30+ updates aimed at the casual player. How is that unfair?

RuneScape did not even have true 'endgame' content until the past few years. I'd say that is pretty poor game design.

Look at Ninja Team though, they were created to do small updates to make the game better. Instead they started doing larger projects now, with the bigger ones being soul reaper and boss pets. Soul Reaper was used as a way to keep people who can't boss from having the comp cape, and soul reaper was originally aimed at being a much more community friendly update until at the advice of hardcore pvm'ers Ryan removed it from everyone else.

Meanwhile, we ended up with a RuneLabs month with a bunch of stuff that Ninja Team should be doing. They need to drop their big projects, or at least hurry and finish them, then get back to what their whole purpose was so we aren't wasting other teams on Ninja stuff.

He may be one person, but he seems to be making the decisions for the team. A team that is supposed to be about making the game better for everyone, not just the Hardcore PvM crowd.

• Like 2

ITT:(In This Thread) Casual gamers [bleep]ing about endgame content.

Hold on now, that's supposed to be my thing, who are these other casuals and how dare they steal my job? Are they hiding behind those boss hunters and completionists? Ah, whatever, too much work to find them.
  • Like 1

99-120 dungeoneering is no endgame? Also there already was endgame, even if it wasn't fun endgame (castle wars, chompy birds, livid farm)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Look at Ninja Team though, they were created to do small updates to make the game better. Instead they started doing larger projects now, with the bigger ones being soul reaper and boss pets.

Meanwhile, we ended up with a RuneLabs month with a bunch of stuff that Ninja Team should be doing. They need to drop their big projects, or at least hurry and finish them, then get back to what their whole purpose was so we aren't wasting other teams on Ninja stuff.

Soul Reaper and Boss Pets aren't really bigger than say addy dragons or slayer belt in terms of development time. You are contradicting yourself here. There is a large chunk of ninja updates every week, it's not like they stopped doing them to make space for couple bigger ones.

Soul Reaper was used as a way to keep people who can't boss from having the comp cape

Can't really call yourself completionist if you haven't completed all bosses. Simple as that. What's your problem here?

soul reaper was originally aimed at being a much more community friendly update until at the advice of hardcore pvm'ers Ryan removed it from everyone else.

Wait what? I don't see what was removed? The ability to abuse a bug that allowed to deal damage to 'damage immune' bosses? Not sure if you are even serious.

Majority of the bosses can be done by pretty much everyone. Who can't kill General Graador, Giant Mole, KBD or barrows bros? If you get a boss beyond your skill level, there is one FREE skip a day for you.

He may be one person, but he seems to be making the decisions for the team. A team that is supposed to be about making the game better for everyone, not just the Hardcore PvM crowd.

'everyone' includes the pvm crowd. As I said above, read the patch notes to see your weekly everyday improvements. And no, Ryan is a Q/A tester in the Ninja team, Mod Ana is the boss.

Hold on now, that's supposed to be my thing, who are these other casuals and how dare they steal my job? Are they hiding behind those boss hunters and completionists? Ah, whatever, too much work to find them.

If you take a look at the hiscores you can see over 15k people at max total level. Simply being maxed does not separate you from the casuals crowd any more(as opposed to what some people on this thread believe)

99-120 dungeoneering is no endgame?

No

I'd call Dungeoneering endgame 120 - 200M, simply because there's new content unlocked all the way up to level 120.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Look at Ninja Team though, they were created to do small updates to make the game better. Instead they started doing larger projects now, with the bigger ones being soul reaper and boss pets.

Soul Reaper and Boss Pets aren't really bigger than say addy dragons or slayer belt in terms of development time. You are contradicting yourself here. There is a large chunk of ninja updates every week, it's not like they stopped doing them to make space for couple bigger ones.

Soul Reaper was used as a way to keep people who can't boss from having the comp cape

Can't really call yourself completionist if you haven't completed all bosses. Simple as that. What's your problem here?

soul reaper was originally aimed at being a much more community friendly update until at the advice of hardcore pvm'ers Ryan removed it from everyone else.

Wait what? I don't see what was removed? The ability to abuse a bug that allowed to deal damage to 'damage immune' bosses? Not sure if you are even serious.

Majority of the bosses can be done by pretty much everyone. Who can't kill General Graador, Giant Mole, KBD or barrows bros? If you get a boss beyond your skill level, there is one FREE skip a day for you.

'everyone' includes the pvm crowd. As I said above, read the patch notes to see your weekly everyday improvements. And no, Ryan is a Q/A tester in the Ninja team, Mod Ana is the boss.

If you take a look at the hiscores you can see over 15k people at max total level. Simply being maxed does not separate you from the casuals crowd any more(as opposed to what some people on this thread believe)

99-120 dungeoneering is no endgame?

No

Soul Reaper and boss pets are a lot bigger than slayer belt, addy and rune dragons it depends how they do them, they could theoretically be as big as soul reaper. Its probably the only one of the five that isn't a ninja update.

You certainly could call yourself a completionist even if you lacked the reflexes to boss pre-soul reaper. If you've read Mod Osborne's thought on why PvP shouldn't be on Comp Cape, a lot of it applies to high level PvM as well. Its physically impossible for some people to complete, thats my problem.

I mistyped on the third one, it was boss pets that was supposed to be more community focused with a lot more community friendly ways to obtain the pets.

If Mod Ana is the boss, then Ryan is definitely the mouth piece and seems to be the one that gets down on the non-PvM'ers a lot. His attitude seems to shine through the updates a lot, so even if she's the boss he probably still has way too much input. For a team aimed at everyone, their larger projects seem to be focused a lot more on PvM than anything else. I don't see them creating content for lower levels really, and the Ninja Section of patch notes has decreased in size a lot. Now that there are a crapload of player suggested ninja fixes on runelabs they should go back to solely working on those. Everyone includes pvm'ers, but what they've been making is exclusionary content and not inclusionary content, anyone outside the PvM'ers have no use for it.

Who exactly do you consider casuals then? Is it time spent, or do you have to be a 1337 pvm'er to qualify? You seem to be assuming that they need to play how you want them to play just to qualify as non-casual.

Yes, Dunge was made to be the endgame skill. Skilling in general after 99 is endgame stuff. Of course you don't see endgame content when you exclude most endgame stuff from your definition of endgame

• Like 1

Yes, Dunge was made to be the endgame skill. Skilling in general after 99 is endgame stuff. Of course you don't see endgame content when you exclude most endgame stuff from your definition of endgame

This is what I was thinking as well. Although there is no real definition of "endgame". Most of the games seem to use endgame as something you can do after you finish most of the game (like with pokemon after beating the elite four, zelda after you have finished the main story line, mario galaxy after you have beaten the end boss). Endgame can be small or large (e.g. some zelda games and mario galaxy has a huge endgame as you have to repeat the whole game again).

Dungeoneering kind of fits in that, especially after 99, because you kind of need to beat most of the game (at least level-wise) to do dungeoneering, it wouldn't make sense to go dungeoneering with all stats at level 1 does it? 

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

No it would not, and in fact due to issues in level scaling you can't even have a prayer of making much progress at low combat levels. My low level F2P friends (circa level 20-50, whatever) are always disappointed and sometimes don't quite believe me when I try to tell them. But they see for themselves  :unsure: .

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Okay, but the loudest "complainers" on this thread include people that I know for a fact hunt endgame bosses. Yomi in particular has the Final Boss title, and his more recent posts include some fairly sizable killcounts.

If that's casual, I'm not really sure what game I'm even playing anymore.

I fully agree that SODs shouldn't work on typeless damage, because as a basis, you can't reflect it, and protection prayers don't work on it.

But for them to nerf it at high end bosses from type damage is a stupid nerf in itself.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

KBD is 1/2500 with a 500 threshold.

Legiones is 1/1000 with a 1200 threshold.

Now all we need is a Vorago threshold ;_; since normal mode is 1/5000 with 5 drops per kill making it 1/1000, the threshold should be 200. This should apply to both Vitalis and Bombi. Make it happen plssss

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

KBD is 1/2500 with a 500 threshold.

Legiones is 1/1000 with a 1200 threshold.

Now all we need is a Vorago threshold ;_; since normal mode is 1/5000 with 5 drops per kill making it 1/1000, the threshold should be 200. This should apply to both Vitalis and Bombi. Make it happen plssss

You're forgetting about the basic Araxxor pet. It doesn't have a threshold system, and you need it in order to the unlock the 2 other Araxxor pets which do have a threshold system.

Vorago and araxxor do not have a threshold. Vorago is 1/5000 per loot pile. Araxxor is roughly 1/900 per kill, and 1/400 per loot gamble.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum