Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

Leik

Membership date doesn't equate to account age.

Yeah, still though. They hide it for FMods last I checked so it must be somewhat important in terms of security <_<.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Odd, I wonder why KK breaks the beautiful x/5 pattern :S. It only has one pet right?

I really think it has to do with the whole green instakill thing and needing at least two people. I mean in the least one person soloing with one person voking would probably do some damage. Maybe not 20% of the damage that the threshold seems to imply. I think they wanted the odds to be fairly similar I'm guessing... I'm not sure what their logic was behind it though. 

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

nope, araxxor is 500/200

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

nope, araxxor is 500/200

Araxxor has two pets though, Barry and Mallory, right?

That is correct, you need to get the drop twice.

Jagex just hurry up and give us all boss drop rates and thresholds, and add them to the Vorago pets too, ffs...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The Bombi pet is fine as is. You need to Maul HM Rago 6 times to unlock it, then I think it's like a 1/20 drop rate.

Vitalis is of course a lot more rarer, but the chances of that getting the threshold system are practically nill.

It would be nice if the basic Araxxyte pet had a threshold system, but that probably won't be happening either.

Araxyte pet has like, 1/900 for a standard kill, and 1/400 when you roll your drops. Add it together, and if you roll the more useless drops, the  base pet is about 1.08/300

Again, thats if your average chances are 1/900 and 1/400. If you camp enrage on p4 you can get the base chance down quite a bit.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

1030 kills, no pet, and this includes gambling, and shield camping P4. My friend has 2.1K kills, 800 gambles and no pet.

Got to love this RNG system...I really, really am getting tired of this Boss RNG focus. Meh.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

1030 kills, no pet, and this includes gambling, and shield camping P4. My friend has 2.1K kills, 800 gambles and no pet.

My friend got pet on first kill. [bleep] this luck system, I've said it before.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

How would you guys feel about a minimum threshold on it?

I.e., you cannot win the pet on the first 99 kills, then kill #100 has 100x the chance, then normal chance from then forward (or something like that, it would obviously have to avoid gambles somehow)?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Or how ABOUT X kills for pet. Simple as that. Still encourages people to get fastest kills.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I.e., you cannot win the pet on the first 99 kills, then kill #100 has 100x the chance, then normal chance from then forward (or something like that, it would obviously have to avoid gambles somehow)?

This would be the best solution. No doubt.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

How would 100x the chance work. Because if (for example) getting a pet has 1% chance, your suggestion would cause it to be 100% chance at kill 100. While to create the normal situation would mean you would get 100 rolls of 1%. I don't remember the calculation of how many % chance you have after 100 rolls of 1%, but I am sure it is less high :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I have always supported a minimum threshold. Sorry, but if you're some scrub who has 1 Araxxor kill, then you don't deserve the pet. It should be reserved for skilled and consistent hunters, not lucky scrubs. I get that in real life there is such a thing as luck, but there are many aspects of life which aren't about luck and rather about skill, and effort. Sure, people can win lotteries, but the engineers or programmers or surgeons who make the most money are not the ones who are luckiest, but rather those who are the most talented or skilled. In Jagex's tipsy topsy world though, everything is a lottery - and that is a problem. If I had to take a guess, at Jagex HQ, they don't get their salaries and wages based on effort or talent or skills, they probably all line up the J-Mods and they draw raffle tickets out of a hat, and that's how their salaries are determined. "What's the Chris L, you say you designed 5 bosses in 2013? Well, sorry, but your raffle only entitles you to minimum wage for this year!" Wouldn't surprise me if that's how it goes down there.

I am kidding and being silly and facetious of course, but there is a point behind that joke, and it's that Jagex's philosophy of everything being luck based is ridiculous.

How would 100x the chance work. Because if (for example) getting a pet has 1% chance, your suggestion would cause it to be 100% chance at kill 100. While to create the normal situation would mean you would get 100 rolls of 1%. I don't remember the calculation of how many % chance you have after 100 rolls of 1%, but I am sure it is less high :P

100 was an arbitrary number. For example if you had a pet with a 1/500 chance, give it a 1/5 chance on kill 100. If it was only a 1/100 chance then maybe a 1/5 chance on kill 20. Of course, you could give it the true cumulative chance to mimic a hundred real rolls, which would be probability

1 - (499/500)^100 for the first case. And in the case of a 1% chance, on the hundredth kill it would be 1 - (99/100)^100 ~= 63.4%.

But explaining that computation to the general RS populace would be a step too complicated, I think.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Boss pets arent designed to be camped for, you guys are lucky there is even an increasing chance as you kill more bosses.  I'm pretty sure this was made clear when they were being developed

When you get a boss pet you should be saying "hahaha nice that was random" not "finally!"

• Like 1

BmkSbxS.png

Boss pets arent designed to be camped for, you guys are lucky there is even an increasing chance as you kill more bosses.  I'm pretty sure this was made clear when they were being developed

When you get a boss pet you should be saying "hahaha nice that was random" not "finally!"

Except for little messages in-game like when you sign on implicating a "collect them all!" mentality...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Except for little messages in-game like when you sign on implicating a "collect them all!" mentality...

The wondrous differences between "target audience marketing" and "design."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That doesn't apply to the basic Araxxyte Pet, as it doesn't have a threshold system.

That doesn't apply to the basic Araxxyte Pet, as it doesn't have a threshold system.

Same with Vitalis/Bombi. Coud also extend to TzRek-Jad and the 6 bobbleheads but you don't even have to boss for those so yeah...

Speaking of which, the gold Final Boss title requires you to obtain all pets including those not obtained through conventional boss killing, so good fight those who spent their SW points lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention