Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

Leik

Inclined to agree with the above post. This is an update that is designed specifically for hardcore pvm'ers, so naturally, it stands to reason that it should actually reward hardcore pvm'ers rather than lucky scrubs who do 1 kill and get what are meant to be prestigious pets which are supposed to be a symbol of a skilled PVM'er. And then the case of hardcore PVM'ers who are actually hardcore PVM'ers, kill the boss a bazillion times, but still don't get it because of RNG.

It's just a matter of common sense, to me anyways.

By the way: worst story that I have heard now is someone with 19K Armadyl Kills on Counter, and 8 instances since update, still no pet.

• Like 1

Any idea if these can be obtained while on lootshare?

I am fairly sure vitalis can be obtained on lootshare.. Would really suck if nex, kk... anything that is not instanced can not be obtained on lootshare. Especially for tanks.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Meh.

I'd still rather get seismics, ASC signets, nox pieces, drygores, ROTS kiteshields, Nex armor/weapons, GWD armor/weapons, spirit sigils, RCB pieces etc. than an absolutely worthless pet.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Meh.

I'd still rather get seismics, ASC signets, nox pieces, drygores, ROTS kiteshields, Nex armor/weapons, GWD armor/weapons, spirit sigils, RCB pieces etc. than an absolutely worthless pet.

I feel the opposite way. I have gotten all those drops, and I have gotten them when they were worth way way way more than they are now. I also have more than enough money for my uses. I still PVM, and while I like money drops, I mostly go 'meh' these days. Pets, on the other hand, are exciting and special.

• Like 1

The smallest of caveats to the above, but I feel quite "meh" whenever I hear about new titles/pets lately lol. There are getting to be so many, and you can only display one of each at a time so it begins to feel like a "new and shiny gotta get em" kind of deal instead of some affinity for the pet's (title's) looks or activity acquired during.

It might be nice (at least once they're all in the Pet Inteface, if ever) to have something that automatically cycles through a few given pets.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I like this update, was always jealous of OSRS having these :).

Finally got my first.

94c600c916.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I like this update, was always jealous of OSRS having these :).

Finally got my first.

94c600c916.png

That moment when jeremy posts a low detail pic :p.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's the only setting I play in, sorry!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I want to get a mega duckling on my other account so badly now...Can it be done without combat xp?

I am not 100% sure but I guess (not totally sure) if the duck doesn't die then you won't get xp, the problem is that there is chance the duck dies because of to many people attacking it.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

What you can do, I suppose, hit the duck once to do damage, and then just follow it out of combat. If the duck gets close to death, lobby.

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Drink a Saradomin brew to get yourself to 0 attack so you will always do 0 damage on the first hit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The 4 basic God Wars bosses all have a starting drop rate of 1/5k, which increases every 1k kills. So after 1k its 2/5k, after 2k, its 3/5k, etc

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?373,374,807,65550979

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The 4 basic God Wars bosses all have a starting drop rate of 1/5k, which increases every 1k kills. So after 1k its 2/5k, after 2k, its 3/5k, etc

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?373,374,807,65550979

as I've never done it, does the 5x more common make it worthwhile on hard mode? 1/100 once you've reached the max threshold. Especially since the regular kills can be used to reach this.

baileydafrog.png

it might be worth it to hit threshold once then go to hardmode since it will be a 1/500 chance then versus normal mode having a 1/2500 chance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• Players can now enter the Crucible minigame via the tutorial -> nice

Dragon slayer gloves now provide the correct boosts when fighting celestial dragons on assignment. -> How about a FoG update in general :'(

• Verac the Defiled is now affected by the Ghost Hunter armour's benefits.> Great PvP gear, can barrow brothers drop them? Do revenants?

The 'Join Friend' function no longer teleports players to the Wilderness lodestone if the friend is playing Fist of Guthix.-> damn missed out on loads of lures

The value of the asylum surgeon's ring for the items kept on death interface has been increased.-> w00t wealth creation PvP ftw

Forceful Backhand now correctly deals the stated 200% weapon damage to stun-immune targets. -> wewt, finally progress in choices in PvP

The magic shortbow special attack is no longer accessible on free-to-play worlds. -> How long has legacy been around? Embarassing but FINALLY

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

The magic shortbow special attack is no longer accessible on free-to-play worlds. -> How long has legacy been around? Embarassing but FINALLY

I never knew this, nor ever encountered it. Very weird..

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

it might be worth it to hit threshold once then go to hardmode since it will be a 1/500 chance then versus normal mode having a 1/2500 chance.

I doubt it will work like that, I think the kill counts work separately.

You need to kill 1000 times hardmode for that threshold to hit, 2/1000 for hardmode.

EDIT: Nevermind, went looking for confirmation on the ninja thread for this.

Found this:

A boss has a 1/1000 drop rate and a threshold of 500.

If you have 945 normal mode kills and 234 hard mode kills then your total kills on this boss is 1,179 which means you have reached the threshold twice giving you a 3/1000 drop rate (1/333).

This will cap at 10/XXXX meaning that once you have reached the threshold a total of ten times, then it cannot improve your drop chances anymore.

So it seems to stack.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.