Rune Labs Discussion

Urza285

It was the UK version of Dragons Den done by the bbc that really made it big. (I wasn't aware there was a us version of the show until I moved there from the uk). The us version debuted 3 years after the UK show.

^ If memory serves it began as a small irish tv show the BBC then copied the format for Dragon's Den which went and blew up to be massive spawning the numerous international versions mostly called Dragon's Den, but of course being true to form with most such shows US can't just copy the format and have to make their own spin/changes on it so it's name is different.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All I got from that was

MMG: I'm still useful as a content designed, please don't fire me!

Everyone else: *looks up at IPV's strings* Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

All I got from that was

MMG: I'm still useful as a content designed, please don't fire me!

Everyone else: *looks up at IPV's strings* Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

MMG isn't even at Jagex anymore. He left at the end of 2014.

Mod Mark =/= Mod MMG

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't really see any problem with runelabs being for members only. Why suggest something you'd not be able to play anyway? (plus with bonds there really isn't any reason not to be a member)

I do hope runelabs will work, but i do have my doubts. Most of them have to do with the fear of clutter and average intelligence of players (ie cosmetic over functional updates).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I remember it was announced but I can't remember who :S. I try searching, but Google decided to be a smart cookie:

sV2fszE.png

Edit: It would seem to be Mod Pips if I'm not mistaken.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't recall them ever saying the new head would be announced in Jan - only that MMG was leaving at end of dec and Mod Pips was acting as interim head until the role was permanently filled.

In fact with how most big companies work and the recruitment process I'd be kinda surprised if there was a new head before March.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't recall them ever saying the new head would be announced in Jan - only that MMG was leaving at end of dec and Mod Pips was acting as interim head until the role was permanently filled.

In fact with how most big companies work and the recruitment process I'd be kinda surprised if there was a new head before March.

Well they already knew the CEO was leaving since summer so I am surprised that they still have no new head. Look at a big company like Apple and they already had someone who would become the new CEO if the old one stopped.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Pips is the head of runescape and not the ceo.

A,lot of companies promote someone internally like the COO to CEO but in this case I think it's a good thing they want to bring in fresh blood. It worked pretty well for the game to have MMG as an outsider to stir things up a little (even if there does seem to be a lot of disgruntled people regarding management within the company.

Well they already knew the CEO was leaving since summer so I am surprised that they still have no new head. Look at a big company like Apple and they already had someone who would become the new CEO if the old one stopped.

'Stopped?' What a heartless way to put it :o. No just kidding, but sure MMG worked out great, until IVP got in there and started tugging the strings, and who knows how much of a role they had in Jagex developing other games instead of sticking to what they did best. We'll see what the his replacement brings...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Bureaucracy makes these things take more time than seems sane to most folks.

I started temping at my local county council in June.

The head of the department was already in situ as an interim whilst recruitment took place for several months before I started.

Last week the final appointment to the role was made.

Changing high ups only tends to happen quickly when there is an internal person who has already been formally named as a successor or the board all have a single person they think should step up and that person accepts it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

'Stopped?' What a heartless way to put it :o. No just kidding, but sure MMG worked out great, until IVP got in there and started tugging the strings, and who knows how much of a role they had in Jagex developing other games instead of sticking to what they did best. We'll see what the his replacement brings...

He stopped being CEO 2 months before his life ended. So it is not really heartless, but yes it is sad that his life had to end so soon.

@Sy, thanks for explaining :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Is there a way on Rune Labs to view the suggestions that are getting the most attention/support. All I can see currently is to view the most recent support which seems 99% full of ridiculous spam suggestions like 'add more quests and 'raise the skill cap'.    I was under the impression it would function similar to reddit where the most popular ideas would be at the top. Currently things just get buried by new posts.     Am I just missing a really obvious button somewhere?

• Like 1

There is a grayed out button to 'support' an idea which nominally will be the system of voting and pushing good suggestions to the top. It also says something about a competition coming soon, so my guess is that it will be enabled, just not yet.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Brb Reporting ^ Off Topic

Rune Labs - I'll make some Suggestions sometime.

Would be nice to be able to get a Fire Cape using Tokkul instead of fighting Fight Caves/Jad.

Able to see if a Friend is/isn't in a Clan.

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

The ideas on runelabs right now are mostly crap right now, mainly being posted by people who can't read/write/listen or have selfish ambitions. There really should be some moderation done before ideas are posted to ensure the ideas fit with what is being asked- that would get rid of about 90% of the "ideas" suggested thus far.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I didn't expect the idiocy to start this fast. Seriously, did Jagex really expect anything different?

https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/view-idea?idea=913

I was going to link you to the suggestion to add "Dank Kush" to the game, but it seems to have been deleted. Not a bad thing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.