Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[27-04-15] EoC/Legacy Mash Up

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Power
[ Display Name History ]

Power

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Power2o
  • RSN2:Power2ho

The legacy interface mashup would be awesome if it worked at all.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
What do you mean, it doesn't work?

tgf
[ Display Name History ]

tgf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:[bleep]
  • RSN2:Fails at RS
  • Clan:Primishy

I've been hearing that spring cleaner is working on ammo?

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

ElysianWolf
[ Display Name History ]

ElysianWolf

Spider Egg

• Junior Crew
  • 71 posts
  • RSN:Earmuffs
  • RSN2:Mis

The legacy interface mashup would be awesome if it worked at all.

The newspost is kind of wrong.. apparently the "legacy interface" and "legacy combat" setting is under "Gameplay" settings... 

Trying to switch via combat settings seems... wonky. Like previously - Legacy mode is supposed to switch you to "legacy" mode.. but if you're in EOC - it thinks you want legacy with eoc interface. However it shouldn't be because of the description... that it's meant to be for legacy mode. *shakes head*

---

However I'm glad - I like using legacy interface but used EOC... and now this update makes it possible for me to use both <3.

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Red spring cleaner (9001).

It r pretty

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Power
[ Display Name History ]

Power

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts

What do you mean, it doesn't work?

For me when i put on legacy interface with eoc combat i am unable to manually use any abilities, this actually might be my incompetence but i seriously couldn't resolve this problem.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Yeah with Legacy interface I can't activate abilities with hotkeys which sort of kills the whole thing...is there some way to toggle the always-on chat feature off or something? That seems like what you would need.

Edit: right-click 'All,' click 'Toggle Always-On Chat' to allow you to use the hotkeys. Seems to solve it  :thumbsup: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior

Actually, it turns out the Spring Cleaner upgrade is actually a nerf.

The failure rate been massively increased (from around 10% to a reported 43% on SC9001), granted, if it fails you can still pick up the item but not having to do so was a major part of SC's appeal.

It will also individually break down each and every ammo and use a spring doing so, ie: if you set your SC to break down rune items and get the 100 rune arrow drop at KQ, you will have used up 100 springs for roughly 7 runite ore and 7 logs. Ammo is also grouped with weapons so you either never break down rune battle-axes, rune spears, or break down both and lose tons of springs on arrows and bolts.

Also, legendary pets are now the best thing to use at Araxxor. Don't get hit by cleaves, can hold items and even have a Ring of Life effect every hour. Pretty damn good.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

Actually, it turns out the Spring Cleaner upgrade is actually a nerf.

The failure rate been massively increased (from around 10% to a reported 43% on SC9001), granted, if it fails you can still pick up the item but not having to do so was a major part of SC's appeal.

It will also individually break down each and every ammo and use a spring doing so, ie: if you set your SC to break down rune items and get the 100 rune arrow drop at KQ, you will have used up 100 springs for roughly 7 runite ore and 7 logs. Ammo is also grouped with weapons so you either never break down rune battle-axes, rune spears, or break down both and lose tons of springs on arrows and bolts.

Also, legendary pets are now the best thing to use at Araxxor. Don't get hit by cleaves, can hold items and even have a Ring of Life effect every hour. Pretty damn good.

I've officially hit a low point in my journey in the harlem of sololomon scape, and I bought a legendary pet. 

I did just get my tax return back, but I know that that's no excuse.

But... But... no cleaves <3:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

LKN
[ Display Name History ]

LKN

Rat Meat

• Junior Crew
  • 47 posts
  • RSN:Leah LKN

I totally wanted to try out the new spring cleaner but I don't want to spend all that money upgrading it. C44w9Vb.gif

L8vABnV.gif

"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud"

uPMa5XA.gif2OzAFSr.gif

RS Stats

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

I like how Jagex asked for feedback with the spring cleaner but said ZERO THINGS about whatever tradeoffs they were considering when they took them down

also i'm sorry that they [bleep]ed up the ammo conversion because I was probably the person that asked for that

although i suspect they are conditioning us to stop asking for things

8f14270694.jpg

Power
[ Display Name History ]

Power

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts

Yeah with Legacy interface I can't activate abilities with hotkeys which sort of kills the whole thing...is there some way to toggle the always-on chat feature off or something? That seems like what you would need.

Edit: right-click 'All,' click 'Toggle Always-On Chat' to allow you to use the hotkeys. Seems to solve it  :thumbsup: .

You're a legend man thank you.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Vann
[ Display Name History ]

Vann

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RSN:Vann
  • RSN '07:VannGeaux
  • Clan:Looking for a clan
Daily spins for the last 4 months, $200 spent on spins.... No spring cleaner. Can Jagex just add a way to buy it directly or make it a minigame reward or something. Squeal of fortune is the most annoying thing ever.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
If we're lucky, maybe they'll find a way to add it to Minigame Spotlight.

FYI

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I think it was confirmed for it (the Spring Cleaner) to be not in this Minigame Spotlight as a reward/prize.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Thorgmir
[ Display Name History ]

Thorgmir

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • RSN:Grate Scot

Just look at yourselves and your posts. Despite how upset everyone was when Jagex first introduced microtransactions, it seems clear that each and every one of you posting here has bought it hook, line, and sinker (literally). This is why Jagex keeps pushing more and more of these things, and why I quit.

Posted Image

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

Just look at yourselves and your posts. Despite how upset everyone was when Jagex first introduced microtransactions, it seems clear that each and every one of you posting here has bought it hook, line, and sinker (literally). This is why Jagex keeps pushing more and more of these things, and why I quit.

Excuse me kind sir, but I have not. I haven't bought a single spin nor even bought an ancillary item to facilitate an item won on SoF/TH.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

I haven't purchased spins or keys either...but I feel an endangered species in that regard.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

I haven't purchased spins or keys either...but I feel an endangered species in that regard.

Probably more of us left than you'd think. Never mind that games without microtransactions basically aren't a thing anymore.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
The nickel and diming in the gaming industry will eventually kill it.
  • Wkw likes this
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users