V for Vendetta

Greatsilverwyrm

i wrote this in another topic (dont remember which one), but ive been waiting for this forever. when i first saw an advert for it it was still scheduled to come out november 2005, but then the london bombings pushed back filming (v does it in the movie apperantly). glad it is finally coming out march 17th, definently seeing it that day or the next.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

also UltraViolet *sp?
:shock:

I may see it. I bet it will be alright, but nother particularly amazing.

I heard it was just an average movie, nothing special. GO SEE DAVE CHAPPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY INSTEAD!

and V for Vendetta, i don't really get what the hell they're talking about in the previews, but i know there's a dude with a mask.

Ultraviolet looks like another cheesey plotless action film..

V for Vendetta looks like it's original, has a good plot, balances special effects with story, etc...

well, v for vendetta is a comic book movie. it was from a 1980s comic strip by alan moore and david lloyd. does have a very good plot though, really think its going to be good.

ultraviolet is probably just going to be another mindless action film, but those are usually enertaining the first time you watch it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

also UltraViolet *sp?
:shock:

I may see it. I bet it will be alright, but nother particularly amazing.

I heard it was just an average movie, nothing special. GO SEE DAVE CHAPPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY INSTEAD!

and V for Vendetta, i don't really get what the hell they're talking about in the previews, but i know there's a dude with a mask.

I meant the :shock: at wanting to see Ultraviolet, as it looks terrible, and my second comment was aimed at V for Vendetta.

Ultraviolet looks terrible.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

ultraviolet = aeon flux? :|

Vendetta = #1 on my must watch list (Mi3 = 2nd) :D

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Saw a new trailer for it the other day. Looks really amazing, i read an article about it in TotalFilm magazine last month and im quite looking forward to it ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 2 weeks later...

The character who plays "V" is actually, if you remember, Agent Smith from The Matrix. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was not as predictable as I had imagined it to be which was a huge plus :D I would recommend it to anyone really :)

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

I saw the movie on friday. It is now in my top 5 maybe 6 favorite movies ever. The thing I liked about it was it was so balanced. It had just the right amount of everything (unlike the unending nonrealistic fighting of the matrix).

p.s- I actually liked the matrix, it's just that the fighting gets really stale after awhile.

ultraviolet = aeon flux? :|

Okay I am going to let you guys in on a secret that no one must know about. I had a DREAM about the movie "Into the Blue" before it was made. I didn't know it was called that but I had a dream that a movie like that existed.

I thought i dreamt up aeon flux to when ultraviolet came out. They are both stupid movies in my opinion. But luckily ive never seen them.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

This is probably the best movie I have seen in two years, atleast in my opinion, and I'm a real movie-freak and let me tell you the movie needed to be good to be able to beat Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in my little mental palmares as I'm a total and complete Tim Burton movies' freaky fan. Ha, but it doesn't beat Edward Scissorhands that is still in the 1st place

The story? Maybe you've seen the commercials, that make this movie like the typical actions movie, but that's not quite right. Action plays an important role, but the movie is more about symbols and morals, without being boring at all, don't be scared by the word 'moral' . Vendetta is not the typical super-hero, actually not a typical person at all. V is a poet, an idealist, he's amazing. Ah of course there is the girl. And it's interesting the relation she developps with him. Not the typical relation either. Ahh I'm not going to give any more spoilers but this movie is really interesting. The kind of thing to buy on DVD and watch again and again to be able to fully understand it. The movie is based on a book, book I never read, I need to read that book someday..

Anyway, if you've read this far, what are you looking for? The return of Jesus Christ on earth? Go plan to go see the movie, now, I mean it A must-see movie is not to be missed. If you saw it, post your rate and comment.

2480+ total

As soon as I left school on Friday I was at the theaters to see it. Since I saw the first snippet of a trailer back in December, it was all I could talk about. I quite agree with you highlanders, true action is great if all done correctly and to much can ruin a movie. I think just a tad bit, just a smiddgen (spelling/word?) more would have gone a long way. None the less, it is in my top five favorite movies.

The philosophy that V uses and the background he came from. They didn't start it off when he was a child or going into space for an hour of the movie (Hulk and Fantastic Four), they gave you enough to understand why he was doing what he is doing. They let you know the problems he had and understand them. I think at the end we all became a bit of a V. It was amazing.

"Why won't you die?"

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

A must see by my standards.