Rule 12, a clear stance.

frizoid

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..it sounds to me that people are blaming the artists for getting such insane prices when however the buyers are the ones that keep raising there offers because there are to little artists.

i admit, the money is what got me started and now i'm just doing it for fun.

but to ban something that got me started and coul have gotten many more started is beyond me.

i do not understand the good this will do!? nor do i understand why sig making would do any bad.

this is just like real life out there..

lucky artists get insane amounts of money (same here)

and the other people with office jobs complain that that they should be getting office jobs to instead of being artists.

they wouldn't outlaw artists in real life just because "it isn't fair" that's crazy.

i still have to see one good reason to close it down.

signature_1.gif

ugh... it was sucha great hobby to me... now its all gone...

im getting closer and closer to quit runescape...

now all people will stick at their sigs they are using now,

no new sigs will be shown, itll be one bored mess.

and i doubt there will be people who will make free quality pixels.

You are quiting the game because you are unable to make money using skills such as fishing, woodcutting or mining? Nice gamer you are. You are giving up hobby because you can't make money with it? Nice artist you are.

As for the second part of your post, it's all up to the 'artists'.

Cant you read?

it was sucha great hobby to me
, and no i didnt made sigs for my 'income' and even if i wasnt having fun in making pixel/abstract sigs and killed ppl in wild, i would thinking about quitting also!

unable to make money with woodcutting 79??

:roll:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I will, I need ideas to make pixel sigs, and the best way is to make em for someone, if I can't sell em, they might as well give em away... Im not in the pixel business for money..

Oh and frizoid, Its not my only income, I don't play runescape, I did again for a while but technically I quit years ago, I don't need the money, I make enough with my job as a Kitchen Porter :lol: ..

vistame09copyhr8.png

I will, I need ideas to make pixel sigs, and the best way is to make em for someone, if I can't sell em, they might as well give em away... Im not in the pixel business for money..

Oh and frizoid, Its not my only income, I don't play runescape, I did again for a while but technically I quit years ago, I don't need the money, I make enough with my job as a Kitchen Porter :lol: ..

I make them for free too - although I don't make ideas which are boring like fight scenes, i forgot to mention that in the find a sig artist here bit. Make them for free cos I don't play runescape

WOW On Jagex's "bases" Merchanting Should Be Banned Too, You Dont Get Any Skills From It, But Its How Thousands Of People Make Money ..

And Those Poeple Who Have A Problem With It No Names Mention "HOW2pk" If People Wanna Spend 5Mil On A Sig, What It To You, You Seem To Be Having A Fit Over It. They Earnt That Money They Should Spend That Money How They Want ..

If anyone really wants it, stop wonderful person and actively do something to get it back.

Just hold your tounge and wait.

What do you call a man with a spade on his head?

md666.gif

Just hold your tounge and wait.
I fail to see why. You have a 6 page topic about how "stupid" this rule is. But no one who wants to keep openly selling sigs is actively doing anything to make it happen. So I'd say my comment is justified.

When / If TIF decides on what'll happen with the Media Market is anyone's guess.

What do you call a man with a spade on his head?
Doug

..it sounds to me that people are blaming the artists for getting such insane prices when however the buyers are the ones that keep raising there offers because there are to little artists.

i admit, the money is what got me started and now i'm just doing it for fun.

but to ban something that got me started and coul have gotten many more started is beyond me.

i do not understand the good this will do!? nor do i understand why sig making would do any bad.

and the other people with office jobs complain that that they should be getting office jobs to instead of being artists.

they wouldn't outlaw artists in real life just because "it isn't fair" that's crazy.

Quer put it in perfect words, just love the last sentence. :)

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

You have a 6 page topic about how "stupid" this rule is. But no one who wants to keep openly selling sigs is actively doing anything to make it happen. So I'd say my comment is justified.

How do you know what is happening, if something is happening then the person doing something is not going to want to tell everyone before its done and dusted are they? Just be quiet and wait.

md666.gif

Cant you read?
it was sucha great hobby to me
, and no i didnt made sigs for my 'income' and even if i wasnt having fun in making pixel/abstract sigs and killed ppl in wild, i would thinking about quitting also!

From your post I couldn't make up that you didn't do it for money making. Since I don't see why you have to stop making signatures now. I don't think there's anything wrong with my reading, more with your logic.

WOW On Jagex's "bases" Merchanting Should Be Banned Too, You Dont Get Any Skills From It, But Its How Thousands Of People Make Money ..

And Those Poeple Who Have A Problem With It No Names Mention "HOW2pk" If People Wanna Spend 5Mil On A Sig, What It To You, You Seem To Be Having A Fit Over It. They Earnt That Money They Should Spend That Money How They Want ..

True, merchanting is a real life skill you have or you have not. So is PK'ing. The difference to sig making is that it is kept in game. You buy a runescape item, and you sell a runescape item. It fits perfectly in the game. Now you pay runescape money for a service that isn't in game.

It isn't like real life. It is a game. There are rules to this game, and the rule is that making money in this game should be kept in game. Sig making has got nothing to do with the game, so it is only logical that you shouldn't involve real life qualities, that have got nothing to with the game , in the game.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Ah well, pretty sad for the buyers. If I was ever rich enough one day I was gonna get a GS , Ter, Quer, MXM and many other peoples sigs, and put them on a rotator. Sadly that day shall never come.

I must say though, that there are some upsides. Greedy noobs will no longer post! We might miss a bit of talent, but people who have talent but don;t hstick in aren;t worth bbothering about. I haven;t actually made any money from sigs myself, but many people enjoyed doing it.

RIP Media Market.

Aeriath.png

Curse you Nomad!

Sad for sig buyers though. The only reason I ever made sigs runescape related for someone was so I could get enough RS gp to host my own competition and base it on artistic merit, now I have to do it another way...I'm sure they'll be quite a few, who wilst not depndant on the income, think it the only reason to make a great sig for others. How many artists will leave this site with no reason to come here? The community isn't that great, why not go to a real art site?

I've always told my self this. I even tried to join another comunity, I hung around CG Talk for a bit (didn't post any images), but I was overwhelmed. It was amazing looking at their artwork, but I found my self hanging around other sections more. I guess a lot of it was I couldn't realy give any thing constructive to anyone, because all their peices literaly blew me away. So I went back here, where there are a lot of fresh people and plenty of friends.

Anyways, I've been thinking, but perhaps we could do a "sig trade" type of idea? Lets say that Joe make's some preaty mean pixels, but he wants an abstract sig. Well, bob is quite the guy at abstracts, so they agree, they will make each other a sig. Thus, a sig trade.

Kind of a... different idea, but could be kind of cool.

There is one thing though, is that this will seperate the real artist's from those who were just in it to make money.

Sad for sig buyers though. The only reason I ever made sigs runescape related for someone was so I could get enough RS gp to host my own competition and base it on artistic merit, now I have to do it another way...I'm sure they'll be quite a few, who wilst not depndant on the income, think it the only reason to make a great sig for others. How many artists will leave this site with no reason to come here? The community isn't that great, why not go to a real art site?

I've always told my self this. I even tried to join another comunity, I hung around CG Talk for a bit (didn't post any images), but I was overwhelmed. It was amazing looking at their artwork, but I found my self hanging around other sections more. I guess a lot of it was I couldn't realy give any thing constructive to anyone, because all their peices literaly blew me away. So I went back here, where there are a lot of fresh people and plenty of friends.

Anyways, I've been thinking, but perhaps we could do a "sig trade" type of idea? Lets say that Joe make's some preaty mean pixels, but he wants an abstract sig. Well, bob is quite the guy at abstracts, so they agree, they will make each other a sig. Thus, a sig trade.

Kind of a... different idea, but could be kind of cool.

There is one thing though, is that this will seperate the real artist's from those who were just in it to make money.

Makes sense but destroys the fun of getting rs money for signatures.

I don't see how it is a problem if mry makes mrx a pixel signature and mrx just happens to 'donate' money to mry.

The thing is, when you make an account, you agreed to the rules already. There is no point arguing.

Think about it, the rules are important. If a new staff make typed these up, it is likely the owner will scan through them. Those text you see there I am sure it is approved by Andrew or Paul. If you recieve any comunication from one of the jagex staff and say it is Ok, it is one of those new staff who know nothing. Different versions of how ring of wealth work explains a lot already.

The chance of media market re-open in this place is slim. Unless lots of people start making free sigs.

This is just like drop trading and sharing account, if you don't tell people, no one knows about it.....adopt to the new enviroment.

1b57366d.jpg

Personally, I think the main problem is compitition.

The best sig makers would probably be willing to make free sigs, but just too many people would want one.

Look at Mxm, last sig took 2.5 MONTHS. I doubt he is in it for cash, the cash is just to stop hundreds of requests that he would normally get.

Also, I doubt that much sig selling will stop. Most people will just pay sig makers for other items, like maybe cabbage or a chisel, and the sig maker will throw in a free sig or something.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I really have no idea where this rule affects the game at all, because people can do what they want with there money. I mean, as long as they aren't selling it on e-bay, it's just fine...isn't it?

I really have no idea where this rule affects the game at all, because people can do what they want with there money. I mean, as long as they aren't selling it on e-bay, it's just fine...isn't it?

Woah, woah, slow down a minute. Who says its their property? It is jagex, everything you worked for so hard on their game, is their properties, not yours not anyone elses (unless you buy runescape as a whole).

Proud founder of the Myriad

MAN! Jaqex is BSing all artists buyers alike. There is nothing wrong with buying and selling sigs; they encourage people to join the game. The advertise the freaking game!

However, Jaqex in they're not so infinite pool of wisdom has decided to BS all artists and cut out advertising which they get for FREE.

As well while they do this other more importnat problems which affect large quantities of player such as autoing hacking and scamming are given a blind eye. This is the biggest blunder Jaqex has made in a long time.

I hope they had fun; cause most people didnt.