f2pers/former members: 5 things you'd like added to f2p?

ixfd64

Guest Nezikchened
If you could have five things added to the free version, what would they be?

Although it's very unlikely that these will be added, but personally, I'd like:

1. better ranged equipment (being able to wear up to red d-dide and use up to yew bows)

2. being able to use up to rune boots

3. a high level moneter with a rare drop (members have dust devils that drop d-chain, worth up to 23M. Free version players have greater demons that drop rune meds, worth "only" 30k).

4. some thieving (ability to pick pocket up to guards)

5. agilityand access to shortcuts.

What would you like to see for the free version?

I think that is quite too much. Here's why :

1. F2p were supposed to only get green drag hide, normal and oak bow with bronze, iron and steel arrows. Then you got more, and still ain't enough? And RED dragonhide... Why? 2nd best there is... And f2pers already got 2 more bows than f2pers were supposed to get.

2. Rune is the best type of boots there is for armored boots, why give that away? I think bronze, iron and steel for f2p would be ok.

etc.

The good suggestion you made was the number 3. It doesn't hurt to put a drop worth 100 - 200k or maybe more.

And I am a former member. I was like you, "f2p deserve more", but it became quite different when I got members.

My 5 :

1. Castlewars

2. Able to enchant emerald rings, and could only teleport to castlewars with it. The doors would be shut and when you log out, you would be teleported to I don't know... Maybe lumbridge? Or maybe teleport to castlewars and then back to lumbridge. But it shouldn't teleport you to back where you were, unless you were in lumbridge, because it would be easy banking then.

3. Colored boots

4. Team capes

5. Attack and Defense potions. But the defence ingredients he needs should be something else since white berries spots are in p2p areas. And the other ingredient is ranarr weed.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I really want to be given to f2p is a Castle Wars type game.

I know it would make members a bit angry that they have one thing less than nonmembers, but it would make me incredibly happy if we got CW.

Killing people would be more difficult with just rune weapons, but I still think it would be a blast.

160vy.png

Members has more features for a reason - they want your money. If you want more features simply cave in and pay these "game makers" their money. With that in mind....

Maybe a little more bank space would be nice

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

I don't think it would upset the balance too much if F2P got the following:

1) The ability to wear (but not craft) blue dragonhide ranging armour,

2) The ability to use (but not make) the low level attack and defence potions as well as strength,

3) Some maple trees to chop down and burn,

4) A type of mage robe that was in between wizard and mystic (would also be new for p2p), and,

5) Some of the enchanted jewelry, perhaps ring of recoil.

siganizq4.gif

1. The last few spaces to complete the last bank row.

That has always bothered me. Why leave half a line?

So I'll make my 5 things:-

1-4, the last 4 spaces in the bank

and

5,Hmm... besides the bank spaces I'm happy with F2P (considering what I pay for it :lol: )

Members has more features for a reason - they want your money. If you want more features simply cave in and pay these "game makers" their money.

If you could have five things added to the free version, what would they be?

Although it's very unlikely that these will be added...

im glad someone read the post. this isnt begging, it isnt f2pers saying they deserve stuff. as if we havent heard "members has more features for a reason" enough times. so please, can just follow along like everyone else? hey, we would like to hear what a member would give f2p, so AznElliot518, why dont you post again, but try what was asked by ixfd64?

Stallion4589.png

More bank spaces.

Able to use Snare.

Some place to fish lobs/swords other than karamja.

Attack Potions.

I think those being added to F2P would be a fair update. :)

Some updates to F2P would also benefit members. If F2P could use the low-level potions it would open up a market for low level herblorists to make a decent profit. Currently you can't sell the basic attack/strength/def potions, they're practically worthless and only good for training. If F2P could use them then members would actually have a reason to pick up those guam leaves.

siganizq4.gif

1. Some short quests which include some mini games to keep the game interesting

2. 2 rows of bank space

3. More rocks in the mining guild

4 Stop decreasing f2p area by placing p2p only features, like the dig site, duel arena

5 More yews

1. Castle Wars.

2. Some kind of monster like the King-Dag's/KBD/KQ where you HAVE to team up to beat.

3. Duel Arena.

4. An easier/low rewarding version of barrows.

5. Bank space. (Not that I really care about it..)

Basicly anything that'll liven up gameplay. I think we have enough skills to work on, so no need to unlock new skills. :wink:

RsN: Arcade

More bank spaces.

Able to use Snare.

Some place to fish lobs/swords other than karamja.

Attack Potions.

I think those being added to F2P would be a fair update. :)

Some updates to F2P would also benefit members. If F2P could use the low-level potions it would open up a market for low level herblorists to make a decent profit. Currently you can't sell the basic attack/strength/def potions, they're practically worthless and only good for training. If F2P could use them then members would actually have a reason to pick up those guam leaves.

there are many reasons why a few f2p updates would benefit members. firstly, lets think about coloured gloves. every f2p noob wants them, and will pay several k for them. the reason? only members can get them. nooby members can come over and sell them for a bit of a profit. the same can be said on a bigger scale, like dwarfie said.

imagine, for a second (remember, im just imagining, no need for flaming), that jagex does decide make limited fletching available for f2pers. and, say, jagex decide not to put a flax field in the f2p map. where are f2pers meant to get their flax from? from members, of course (at a rediculously inflated price, of course). for herblore, all the basic pots, that are normally never used in members worlds, could be sold to f2pers (for example, basic attack/defence/strength sets, the weakest weapon poisons, antipoisons etc). however, im just talking about selling the items. as you have to get a quest to get started in the actual skill, it would be way to hard to make a f2p version.

armoured boots, which some people thought to be too much, could be sold to f2pers, again, at a rediculously high cost. but, of course, we would still buy it.

back on to a couple of other ideas mentioned: bank spots. those four missing spaces really annoy me. i mean, when did they decide to leave it at half a row? and with all the random-event related gear that grave diggers and frogs are handing out, we could just four more spots.

castlewars: think about how many noobs would enjoy this one? bashing the heck out of each other with bronze maces and iron daggers. it would also answer the question: what is point is there in having god alliegances in f2p? for castlewars, of course!

a considerably higher leveled monster, not in the wildy (with a half decent drop): something that has a high enough level to absolutely dominate any noobs that come near it, and give a bit of a training challenge to the higher levels. maybe, something like a rune plate could be a rare drop from it.

other things people mentioned (that are kinda reasonable):

ability to use snare

another lobster/swordfish fishing spot that isnt karamja

magic robes in between normal robes and mystic

maple trees

low level theiving/agility - have a level block: you cant earn any xp past level 10 or something like that

just 1 more quest - please?

canoes

runescape classic

unreasonable stuff:

better range gear (bloody rangers. you already got an update :wink:)

rings that arent to teleport to castlewars

other runecrafting abilities

aznelliot518

muhelos

more of other resources - fishing is the only one that is lacking. the others have heaps of spots

slayer - its set up for members

treasure trails

weapons specials - just asking to much

climbing boots/crystal bows/claws - dw, this person was delusional

cats/kittens - again, i think thats stepping over the line. if your down to asking for cats, you might as well ask for free membership

just plain stupid:

dragon weapons? well if you really want the members down here flaming it up...

GrimBone: "Stop decreasing f2p area by placing p2p only features, like the dig site, duel arena" - well that one is self explanatory

games room - no thanks. the members can keep it.

and something that even the members want:

team capes!

hope this is a reasonable summary. anybody have serious issues with it?

Stallion4589.png

i think the one thing that no one has mentioned, that should be mentioned, is the only thing that i would ever want.....

1. RS CLASSIC

2. RS CLASSIC

3. RS CLASSIC

4. RS CLASSIC

5. RS CLASSIC

there you have it. (will never happen though... :cry: )

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

As a long term F2P player, I'd like to add:

- Bank Space

- A new quest (doesn't matter the length)

- Maple trees

- A new dungeon

- Something new with Magic or Ranged

Meh, idk, we can't complain though.

somethings they wont give us:

new rare drops,

any minigame (inclused treasur trail),

parts of a member skill,

but they can give us:

wildy capes,

the cannoes,

or something simelar to that...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

just plain stupid:

dragon weapons? well if you really want the members down here flaming it up...

Well im a ex member (gunna get membership again when i got the ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã) and id love to use my d weaps n f2p... and sell them for stupidly high prices, i mean theres barrows now what are the best weapons and armour in the game so it wouldnt really hurt if you could use dragon weapons in f2p (i know it wont happen before you decide to flame, just saying)

ooo and wave spells.... but that would mean bloods being avalable in f2p so i dunno?

and low lvl fletching would be cool aswell... and what the dude said about bow strings only bein sold by members would be fun... would make my string merching more profitable ;)

AND BANK SPACE!!! i really hate it when my bank is full of stuff i cant do with, i must of dropped a few mills worth of member items :(

and some form of castle wars would be interesting... even tho i dont bother with it

and some dragons because lessers do get boring

f2p dont need anything. they get alot for doing nothing but play. the only reason that there is f2p is that jagex have ads

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

f2p dont need anything. they get alot for doing nothing but play. the only reason that there is f2p is that jagex have ads

Exactly... and for companys to advertise on runescape must cost a fair ammount as it is used by literally 1000's of people every day... and if it was p2p only they wouldnt get the money for ads so it wouldnt hurt to spice up f2p a lil bit :)

True, but that wasn't the question was it?

I'd take:

smithing arrows (up to iron)

chaos runecrafting (I heared it's hard as hell anyway)

chompy hunting (it looks fun :oops: )

the games room

that's about it.

Hmmm...

I was F2P on rs1, and on RS2 for a little while. This is something I've thought a bit on.

The numerous 'F2P update' posts are a slippery slope because the idea is still to make the free game enticing but lacking enough for an incentive to pay for membership.

F2P is generally paid for by the advertisements. If everyone was clicking on the ads (those that were safe, anyway) then Jagex wouldn't have needed to clarify their stance on blocking ads, much less need to even mention it. I wouldn't be surprised if the F2P game was a loss leader of sorts.

I hadn't thought of maples, but I do remember well my confusion when I looked over my skill lists to discover it was something that could be used in F2P but was in member areas. I don't think it would be too much trouble to add maples, although I suspect that they will be a very few and eventually some folks will complain about the trees being constantly used.

I have thought about wilderness capes quite a bit and if they were implemented, there would have to be more options on the members side. The clans would then need to demonstrate that those extra options would be a strong incentive for their f2p members to pay for membership, above and beyond the extra goodies P2P PKers get-- since it has been argued that wildy capes are most useful to clans, although many clans do their PKing in F2P worlds.

As for RSC, many of us perceive that it is a game Jagex is abandoning so they can concentrate their efforts on the existing game (RS2). I understand their reasoning for making RSC members only- autoing on RSC has been a discussion for quite some time. But in general, my guess was that they did it simply for the fact as it stands, alone: RSC is now a membership perk, and you will have to pay to use it. Therefore, it's no longer the money drain that it may have been before.

As for any RSC additions, I have discussed with a few people adding an RSC server that brings back the PK anywhere game that veteran users remember. My thought was to bring back the original code, i.e. it would be PK anywhere within the original area of the game, with no wilderness and no member worlds. I doubt that they would do so, however, as another feature listing combat level of players was not implemented at that time. More likely, they would modify the RSC game as it stands for PK anywhere, which would include wilderness *and* member worlds-- and I am not sure Jagex wants to invest time and effort into that.

I was not a player until '02, so I am obviously not qualified to really discuss this option objectively. My guess is that member players would have to demonstrate a growing demand for such a server, and even then, I still don't think Jagex wants to work on RSC anymore.

1. Use agility shortcuts that doesn't lead to members area. Eg: Edgeville dungeon-varrock sewers, Falador shortcut.

2. Those who were once members get extra bankspace

3. Attack potions!!

4. Maples

5. Castle wars for ex-members. Can only enter the arena if was once a member

well there's only 1 thing that should be added:

1) some better mage armor!!!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.