E3: [Update]Super Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer Available

Mr_Putter

The Electronic Entertainment Expo is this week!

For those of you who don't know, it's only the biggest game expo of the year, when all the big developers release all their biggest announcements. I'm kinda surprised there's no topic about this already, it's a pretty big deal.

The big three consoles (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, duh) have their conferences, and many big announcements will come before the expo even starts. The conferences will be tommorow, and you will be able to watch live or recorded over at gamespot.com

While we're on that, I'd suggest looking at gamespy.com, gamespot.com, and IGN.com often for your biggest news updates. Gamespot is pretty good for videos and features, while I prefer IGN and gamespot for my game announcements and news, as they are better organized and easier to understand.

There are some tremendous announcements coming this E3. Expect a lot more info on the upcoming releases of PS3 and Wii, and many, many surprise game announcements that are sure to come. Also, expect to see more 360 announcements, and some jaw-dropping next-gen graphic capabilites.

While we're on that, take a look at some great next-gen games, that I'm stunned by what they can do now. Here's some PC games I'm personally looking forward too:

Cell Factor :shock: THIS WILL BLOW YOU AWAY AND MELT YOUR 360! (therefore, buy a good PC :) )

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9958&type=mov&pl=game

Expected Release date Q4 2007 (most likely that means some time in 2008)

Crysis :shock:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705150p1.html

Expected Release Date: Late 2006/Early 2007

Spore (VERY LONG VIDEO, if you want to watch, you might want to fast forward thru some parts: an incredible part happens at approx 13-14 minutes in)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=spore

Prey

http://pc.ign.com/articles/685/685815p1.html

Expected Release Date: Summer 2006

On an unrelated note, here are all the crazy new PC games coming out with next-gen graphics:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24145969

If someone else wants to post some stuff coming for 360, PS3 or Wii, this would be the place.

E3 officially opens it's doors May 9 and will run to May 12. Expect lots of info coming before and after (and during :P ) on all your favorite games!

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E3 is going to be freaking amazing this year, can't wait to read about it.

Hah, me too. I wish one year I could go...

Yeah I hope some day I can go. Maybe if I do work on artwork for some game company there is a chance.... :( lol.

I hope Prey isn't a third Doom 3 (Quake 4 being the second).

Prey's gonna be awesome, a bunch of stuff from 3d realms is...Duke Nukem 3d anyone? Oh, and on the subject of Duke Nukem, i'm hoping for some announcements on the game Duke Nukem Forever!!! I can't wait to read about E3 this year!

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I thought Condemned would be awesome, they can boast about innovative features all they like (like Condemned's 'use anything as a weapon') but when it arrives they are usually bunk (like Condemned's limited set of weapons which were just lying around everywhere). Is Prey being developed for a console alongside the PC? If so I think I can safely say it won't impress me.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I thought Condemned would be awesome, they can boast about innovative features all they like (like Condemned's 'use anything as a weapon') but when it arrives they are usually bunk (like Condemned's limited set of weapons which were just lying around everywhere). Is Prey being developed for a console alongside the PC? If so I think I can safely say it won't impress me.
Sadly, it's going on 360 aswell. I'm pretty sure though, that it's a port. But if you guys have seen the videos, it really does look Doom 3ish, but really wild, with all the mirrors and anti-grav. Personally I don't think it's going to be like, the best game ever, but I bet it will still be a good amount of fun.

Cell Factor, on the other hand...

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Mainly looking forward to see Spore, probably the only game I'll buy for a long while.

I have been looking forward to that game ever since I saw the movie about it on google video :D . It might be cool seeing a MMO bassed on that somehow.

I'm waiting for the MMOFPS game Huxley... it was announced a while ago and since then i've been waiting for it.

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Spore looks like one crazy looking game. The huge galaxy, universe type thing looks very interesting. Can anyone clue me up on which platform itll be on?

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

I cant wait for Project Offset
Yeah, that looks REALLY good. Especially, the character models. The skin like moves, and the animations are so smooth. It's like playing in a high budget movie.

And Spore will most likely be PC only, atleast for now.

Here's a really good schedule of what's going on in the next few days:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

HIGHLIGHTS:

Sony Press Conference: Monday 4pm

Nintendo Press Conference: Tuesday 9am

Microsoft Press Conference: Tuesday 1 pm

And here's some nice games they'll be showing on gamespot's coverage:

Unreal 2k7: 12pm Wednesday

BF2142: 2pm Wednesday

Crysis: 4pm Wednesday

Hellgate: London: 12pm Thursday

AGEIA PhysX demo: 2pm Thursday

C&C3: 1pm Friday

E3 Savagery: 2pm Friday (Wil Savage, everybody!)

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I'm looking forward mostly to the upcoming Revolution (er..wii) announcements. Supposively there is a great secret about the rev that'll be revealled still, and I can't wait to see games being played in action. Besides everythign Nintendo, I'm kind of interested in what Sony has and about Spore, although we already know a lot about that game.

E3 will be awsome, but Diablo isnt going :sad:

I really like Diablo, and I'm sad because they wont show the nest Diablo in E3 this time...

~komodo

Not diablo, but its going to be a lot like it.

I'm looking forward mostly to the upcoming Revolution (er..wii) announcements. Supposively there is a great secret about the rev that'll be revealled still, and I can't wait to see games being played in action. Besides everythign Nintendo, I'm kind of interested in what Sony has and about Spore, although we already know a lot about that game.

Word. I just want some information about the Revolution, and Twilight Princess.

Word. I just want some information about the Revolution, and Twilight Princess.

Here's some info to tide you over until...Later today I guess it is when the Nintendo press conference is:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149308&pid=932946

the Time article revealed several key pieces of information about Wii games. First, Grossman described using the Wii playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. "Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish," he said. While Nintendo confirmed the much-anticipated GameCube title would have some Wii functionality, this is the first official description of what said functionality is.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

E3 will be awsome, but Diablo isnt going :sad:

I really like Diablo, and I'm sad because they wont show the nest Diablo in E3 this time...

~komodo

Not diablo, but its going to be a lot like it.

I'll serach more about it ^^

Hellgate is a sugestive name.

They were in doubt: Diablo 3 or another expansion for Diablo 2, but it would be good in both ways :P

Good news: They will put Diablo in market when E3 ends.. maybe 2 weeks later. Hope its true.

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png