a durial321 interview (attack abuse bug)

oldstyle

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the interviewer said in closing, that he was "sorry" about the people he killed. Of course he's sorry NOW, after getting caught and chance of perm ban. Everyone is remorseful after getting caught in hopes that it will provide mercy from those that judge him. But where was his mercy while using the bug. For over an hour, he continued to abuse this bug. He says he would give the stuff back. Why didn't he then. When it gave him his kill message and he grabbed their stuff, why not trade them and give back then. Because he had no intention of giving it back.

And complaining about the "friend" stealing his phat, what does he think he did for the phats and santas he got during that hour?

And on the note of "gaming legend", what did he do that was so special? It was a bug in the game, it had nothing to do with his "skills" at playing the game. Gaming legend or Pathetic gamer? You decide.

oh yes, im sure YOU would just find the most amazing bug in hirtory of rs and suddenly stop your insane fun and waste the rest of the 30mins finding the people you killed and giving their items back.

and becoming a legend is almost always luck, see any of the famous pop stars today? they mostly became famous because of luck, nt that much skill really. Thats what legend means.

What would I do in the situation, I don't honestly know. But I'm not a pker, so I don't really see the "fun" in running around killing people.

And I'm comparing his "legend" status to that of The Old Nite, Novalyfe, etc. not Brittany Spears.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Okay, I think I'm going to do my part for this thread and stop flaming jive. Hopefully a few people will follow :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You don't know me, do you? You think i get angry if i lose something? It's all experience my friend, it does not mean anything.

And yes, treating another human like an animal and locking him in a cage is sick and is NOT the way to treat someone who made a mistake.

I have to ask... what about first degree murderers? You know, the ones who plan the murder before commiting it? Figure out exactly who, how, where, and when before doing it? Would you call that a mistake?

And I also have to wonder, how could you not get angry if you lost everyone you loved in life? I've only lost one exceptionally close person, and not to violence, and it hurt. A lot. I know it's extremely unlikely that someone will kill everyone you are close to, but how could you not be angry if it did happen? I'm honestly just curious, not judging you off this.

Edit: gonzlar is right in the fact that this should more likely be continued in PMs, so please, any replies to PMs, if you don't mind.

The only reason people take death so seriously is because everyone thinks it's the end.

It's not, period.

You don't know me, do you? You think i get angry if i lose something? It's all experience my friend, it does not mean anything.

And yes, treating another human like an animal and locking him in a cage is sick and is NOT the way to treat someone who made a mistake.

I have to ask... what about first degree murderers? You know, the ones who plan the murder before commiting it? Figure out exactly who, how, where, and when before doing it? Would you call that a mistake?

And I also have to wonder, how could you not get angry if you lost everyone you loved in life? I've only lost one exceptionally close person, and not to violence, and it hurt. A lot. I know it's extremely unlikely that someone will kill everyone you are close to, but how could you not be angry if it did happen? I'm honestly just curious, not judging you off this.

Edit: gonzlar is right in the fact that this should more likely be continued in PMs, so please, any replies to PMs, if you don't mind.

The only reason people take death so seriously is because everyone thinks it's the end.

It's not, period.

No no no, bad move, if you want to talk about God move it to Off-Topic, lets not drag it in here :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

What I find funny is that his behavior is the "dream of all pkers." Their dream is to kill people who can't fight back? What kind of trash is that dream made of?

I don't know which was more dismaying, the killing rampage itself, or the support of other ethically people challenged afterwards. This will go down as one of the greatest acts of shame and cowardice in Runescape history. He should be banned forever.

I always said that the pkers were not the sharpest knives in the drawers, but I was not aware of their sewer ethics before now.

Just expressing an opinion, no need to flame me anyone ok? Thanks :)

Some people get worked up over a game, seriously. To the guy who compared this to 9/11, that was a moronic comment, you shouldn't compare a game to a real life terrorist attack like that. About Durial, I would've most likely done the same thing. I would rather quit runescape in a fun, never-be-able-to do again situation, then just "retire" in a boring way as other people do.

My repuation on these forums: -10 :$

Honestly, I think Durial is the man 8)

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

Wow....

He did something only people can dream about and all you hear is flames. Hey...he killed people for rare items and other [cabbage]...but seriously...whatever....After playing for over 4-5 years, it is just a game. It would be a [bleep] to lose everything, but hey..get over it, you're playing with pixels and [cabbage] happens and it happens in real life as well...so get over it.

What he did was not right, but it was the spur of the moment and he got banned...he had fun doing it...and what else matters? Its a game ment to have fun and its to bad he messed up so many other people doing it.

default,Fear%20Ninja.gif

While it's easy to name call Durial and what-not, let's face the facts.

Given the opportunity to attack people outside of the Wild, I can safely say that over 90% of Runescape would have done the very same thing that he did. The only difference between him and that 90%, though, is that he had that chance and they didn't. But given that chance, I'm fairly sure that many of you who are finger pointing would have done the same thing and gone on a killing spree.

It's easy to say you wouldn't when you weren't given the chance.

That's just my $.02.

As the interviewer said in closing, that he was "sorry" about the people he killed. Of course he's sorry NOW, after getting caught and chance of perm ban. Everyone is remorseful after getting caught in hopes that it will provide mercy from those that judge him. But where was his mercy while using the bug. For over an hour, he continued to abuse this bug. He says he would give the stuff back. Why didn't he then. When it gave him his kill message and he grabbed their stuff, why not trade them and give back then. Because he had no intention of giving it back.

And complaining about the "friend" stealing his phat, what does he think he did for the phats and santas he got during that hour?

And on the note of "gaming legend", what did he do that was so special? It was a bug in the game, it had nothing to do with his "skills" at playing the game. Gaming legend or Pathetic gamer? You decide.

oh yes, im sure YOU would just find the most amazing bug in hirtory of rs and suddenly stop your insane fun and waste the rest of the 30mins finding the people you killed and giving their items back.

and becoming a legend is almost always luck, see any of the famous pop stars today? they mostly became famous because of luck, nt that much skill really. Thats what legend means.

What would I do in the situation, I don't honestly know. But I'm not a pker, so I don't really see the "fun" in running around killing people.

And I'm comparing his "legend" status to that of The Old Nite, Novalyfe, etc. not Brittany Spears.

so if youre not a pker, and you dont know what you would do, then i dont think you should be telling whim what he should do.

and obviously you dont understand what they meant by 'legend"

I think they ought to give his account back and make it so anyone anywhere can attack HIM, while he is not able to defend himself; and see how he likes it.

there is no question this will be a permanent ban; to even suggest that it wouldnt be is laughably ridiculous. :!:

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

so if youre not a pker, and you dont know what you would do, then i dont think you should be telling whim what he should do.

and obviously you dont understand what they meant by 'legend"

I never told him what he should do, I pointed out, that it's easy to say he wishes he could give everything back, but that he didn't attempt too. Instead of leaving it for the person to have at least a chance of picking it up (since they were in fally and a lot fo ppl respawn in fally) he took it.

Then explain what they meant by legend, because I've already stated what I consider to be legendary in Runescape. I'll accept he'l be famous (or more to the point infamous), but not legendary.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

i think what he did was wrong but it also shows us that this is a game not real life yes it does bit that every lost there items and that hunders tried to get killed by him at the same time and even thought you say you would do it you most likly would have i know my self i would have gone around and picked off a few friends for fun and reported to the staff so they could fex it in a timly matter but still it was wrong

ok that vid was ownage! looks like some people were enjoying it lol, considering how a bunch of people were folowing :o i admire the guy, anyone in his shoes would do the same, dont tell me you would actually report the bug an not do anything?! I think they should find a way to get the stuff back to the owners tho, thats the only bad part :( But he seriously is cool, i bet alot of people are jealous it wasnt them :shock:

lol rebbies take a chill pill and say "i survived to the 111 massacre" 6/6/06

many of you who will forever say it's not correct would have done it too.

It's like giving a sausage to a hungry dog and tell him not to eat it.

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

I don't really have a firm opinion on this.

I can put the blame totaly on Jagex, being understaffed releasing more then understandable bugs.

There are so many solutions that can be used, and Jagex is going to take the easy road out and ban him, and not give the items back.

The best solution IMO, is to make a page for application for your item's back, and if somoone is caught lying, they should be banned for life, and Jagex should display that many times to scare people off from lying.

Open that up for 2 weeks, and once the 2 weeks is closed, unban the guy, and erase all the items he killed for, or if they want to perm ban him I can see that.

This was all caused by Jagex, you have to expect people to do this if something like this happens, however the guy should have had self controll, and judging by the interview he knew what could happen.

runescapesig7gw.png

Current Goal: Fire Cape, 0-6 at the caves 0-3 agianst the Jad, Lag done me in.

I so hope "Durial" is perm banned. Maybe he will learn that his actions have consequences. He sounds like all the idiots who kill someone on the road drinking and driving or racing. They loss control kill someone then cry I'm so sorry but anyone would do it.

Only think he is sorry for is that he got banned and lost HIS green phat. Who cares about the other people who he hurt, but hey they aren't as important as HIS RUSH.

Anyone would do it? No just selfish, self-center little boys.

Hope your next rush doesn't come on a freeway when you kill a family getting your next adrenalin rush.

Katryna.png

Kid is an idiot and so is the author of that interview. "Anyone woulda done the exact same thing in your shoes..." omg what are you [developmentally delayed]ed? People have what's called COMMON SENSE!!! What did he think would happen? He'd go scott free with no penalty? GOOD RIDDANCE. I hope he NEVER plays runescape again.

Nazgul.jpeg