*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man I hope not Koller is out of WC. He played so good! If he gets back quick Czech Republic will be go very far.

Can't wait to see Brazil - Croatia.. They will probably draw thought maybe 1-1 or 2-2.

My top 4.

Winner: Brazil

Runner-Up: England

Third Place: Argentina

Fourth Place: Holland

(not sure that is possible, haven't looked at the schedule)

Of course I hope Sweden could be up there.. But after the game vs Triniad, I'm not even sure we make it out of the groupstage... :x

EDIT I'm bored. Here are my top4 goalscorers aswell(even thought some games are played :P )

Ronaldo(Brazil)

Adriano(Brazil)

Crespo(Argentina)

Torres(Spain)

Can't wait to see Brazil - Croatia.. They will probably draw thought maybe 1-1 or 2-2.

My bet is Brazil 3 Croatia 1.

I've had some good moments today watching the USA losing :D . It's problably been the best match so far.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

We were watching the Croatia - USA game during chemistry class today :D. Complete blowout, but it seemed like a whole bunch of guys on the Croatian team get hurt :(
I highly doubt it, you were playing the Czechs... :P

Koller's injury looks serious though :(

We were watching the Croatia - USA game during chemistry class today :D. Complete blowout, but it seemed like a whole bunch of guys on the Croatian team get hurt :(

Heh. I guess it doesn't matter. It's all Mexico anyway.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Koller's injury looks serious though :(

Blah, not sure how I mixed those two up. Ah Czechs, Croatians ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

cescsig.jpg

I think the Brazilians are going to take the whole cup, followed by England, then the French and then the Germans in 4th.

USA got owned today by the Czechs, it was appauling... Doesn't get any easier playing the Italians in the next match. I'm wondering if we could even put up a fight against Ghana?

I can't wait for the Brazil and French opener. It'll be fun to see how these two teams are going to start.

The ref wasn't really good in Italy vs. Ghana. A few Ghana players should've been send off, and Ghana should've got a penalty. Pretty exciting match nontheless.

I don't see why everybody is looking forward too and expecting so much from France. They had a troubled kwalifications, and the last W.C. they got kicked out in the group rounds. I know, Holland wasn't even represented at the last W.C., but atleast we played a good kwalification round.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Aww I thought tha Japanese outplayed the Aussies right up until the last 10 minutes. I was rooting for them too.

As long as argentina wins I make my 10$

i thought the we actually deserved the win, not being biased or anything, but i think we had more shots than the japanese..

The Czech, i was up playing halo2 last night, they guys we were playing were almost all americans, we were saying, 'go the czechs' they were shattered :)

Kollers injury, he's aiming to be back for the italy game, http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060612/1/7gz6.html

not as serious as 1st thought...altho i thought it did look bad, considerinbg i have had a knee injury,or 2

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

Aww I thought tha Japanese outplayed the Aussies right up until the last 10 minutes. I was rooting for them too.

i thought the we actually deserved the win, not being biased or anything, but i think we had more shots than the japanese..

We deserved to win as the goal was dodge (Japan) and Australia clearly had more ball and more oppunities.

I dunno why Harry Kewell plays i reckon his useless

Wondering what to do with life .....

We deserved to win as the goal was dodge (Japan) and Australia clearly had more ball and more oppunities.

I dunno why Harry Kewell plays i reckon his useless

If Harry didnt miss hit that shot against uruguay to give Bresc the shot, then we probably wouldnt be here today, yes or no, and Harry is a great player, he just didnt have a stand out game, but others stood up, and it was great, Harry will probably do wonders against Brazils defence, you watch, .......in my dreams that is :lol:

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

Cahill looks like hes won the game for Australia

EDIT, a strange quote from tilsley.

"Okofucinishi, the name on his back says it all" after he has a shot thats just missed. :?

EDIT2: 3-1 to australia

Saw it a few pages back, I think that is why he said it.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I reckon it'll be Italy vs Czech Republic. Both teams looked unstoppable in their matches. Argentina'll be a close third, and I'm not sure about fourth.

Heh I think it's fair to say that the U.S were battered by the Czech republic. But Italy against Ghana, only 2-0 wasn't it? I don't know about Italy making the final. Czech Republic shall win it with Nedved with the golden boot. Second shall be Brazil, third Germany while fourth as Argentina or maybe England.

Anyway yes looking forward to Togo playing! Although it had suprised me alot of the underdog teams like Angola, Ghana, Costa Rica etc haven't played badly. Angola I thought would be thrashed by the Portugese. However it's fair to say they put up a fair fight.

Anyway yes looking forward to Togo playing! Although it had suprised me alot of the underdog teams like Angola, Ghana, Costa Rica etc haven't played badly. Angola I thought would be thrashed by the Portugese. However it's fair to say they put up a fair fight.

I think the common theme with those teams is pace. It's a major asset, for recovery defence, counter attacking (which would be the main gameplan for these teams) and, at times, you can't defend or replace pace. There's a lot of strength too, and their nation's federations have introduced very tactically aware coaches to develop the teams even further, which have been great moves.

That's where I think the U.S lack. If Arena gets replaced, they should look for a continental coach to make them get more tactical nouse. Also, while they have a bit of pace and some power, they seem to lack flair.

Cahill looks like hes won the game for Australia

EDIT, a strange quote from tilsley.

"Okofucinishi, the name on his back says it all" after he has a shot thats just missed. :?

EDIT2: 3-1 to australia

Saw it a few pages back, I think that is why he said it.

thanks to guus hiddink for being such a good coach

bloodyrbsig5lh.gif

So Korea and Brazil both take the win, while France and Switzerland couldn't break the boat, 0-0 tie.

Anyone else get a bit excited when Togo scored the first goal in the Korea game?! I loved the victory dance!! 8-)

signaturecj5.jpg

I don't know, I don't think Brazil looked particuarly strong out there today. I mean, sure, Croatia played a good game. But Brazil wasn't really showing their usual flair. In the last few minutes it was mostly Croatia putting pressure on Brazil...

I predict Argentina. Although I'm pulling for Australia. 8-)

I don't know, I don't think Brazil looked particuarly strong out there today. I mean, sure, Croatia played a good game. But Brazil wasn't really showing their usual flair. In the last few minutes it was mostly Croatia putting pressure on Brazil...

Well you could see the potential there. You could kind of tell Brazil were never going to lose the game.

It's only the first game so don't expect all their performances to be like that.

sig2ho7.jpg